SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cynthianovak

green tomatoes...now what's wrong?

cynthianovak
13 years ago

I know I've been needy lately, but this is the first time I've had so many tomatoes.

Yes, the mocking birds and the rodents have found them. I'm pretty sure that the teeth marks in a mater at the bottom of a big tree are a sign that an opossum had one in his mouth when he ran for his life from my dog.

Now, the plants are turning yellow...well, brown on the bottom 3rd of the plant. It was one plant, now it's several. The tops are supported on trellises. They seem happy.

The marigolds I planted among 'em are turning brown. One is covered in a web. I squirted it with soap and alcohol in water.

What would you do? I'm afraid that they are dying. One site said to add magnesium. Maybe I should mix up some blue stuff. I have good compost and organic corn base ganulated fertilizer under the compost. I assumed all the fruit said they were happy. I watered well this past weekend.

Is this part of the process?

Does bird netting really work? The maters don't even have color. I didn't even know I had mockingbirds until I saw one diving for the new veggie garden

what do you do?

thank you

c

Comments (12)