SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remuda1

AOL Scam Alert

remuda1
16 years ago

I just got an email from Admin@aol.com with a subject line of "Problem processing your payment". Below is the text of the message:

AOL Billing Center ** Last Notice **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Member:

Thank you for choosing America Online. Unfortunately there has been a

problem processing your billing information for the month of May, 2007.

Please review our billing requirements at KW: Billing. You will be able to

update your billing information quickly and easily using our secure server

web form. Please understand that without promptly updating your billing

information, your America Online Internet service may be discontinued. To

update your billing at this time, please visit our secure server web form by

clicking the hyperlink below.

America Online Billing Services.

We appreciate your business and hope to keep you as a customer for life.

America Online is so easy, no wonder it's number 1 !

Sincerely,

The AOL Billing Services Team

How can I restore my account access?

Please update your billing here: America Online Billing Services. and complete the web form.

Completing all of the checklist items will automatically restore your account access.

A© 2007 America Online, Inc. All Rights Reserved

I pulled my credit card statement and it was paid, then I pulled up my account info on aol and I am paid through June. I called aol and they said that they NEVER send these kind of emails. The Hyperlink took me to a screen that requested I enter ALL of my billing info (name, address, credit card, etc). It ALL looked completely legit. I'm so glad I called. Be careful with this. I reported it as spam so I should not get it again.

Kristi

Comments (6)