SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mike_stubbs

1) Patience, 2) a neat thing

mike_stubbs
17 years ago

Just a word to the wise. Sometimes we are in too much of a rush to clean up the "dead" stuff. I had transplanted two red buds and two crepe myrtles at the same time last fall. One of each leafed out like it was going out of style, the others just seem to sit. Did not look like anything at all was happening. Same with a burr oak that I planted at the same time. NOTHING was happening.

Two or three weeks after these others leafed still nothing. Then, a day or two ago I noticed that both of the slow ones had green showing. YIPEE!!! The red bud is still taking its time but the CM is covered in small leaves now.

I have the same thought about some pyracantha that a fellow gardener gave me. They look dead brown and she says be patient. They may still end up coming to life.

I cut down some yaupon holly last fall to clear out some room for one of the above redbuds. Later, I wanted to transplant some rough leaf dogwood seedlings and used one of the yaupon limbs as a very loose support. The support is growing. Now what do you think about that? Looked neat to me.

Mike

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living