SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momovtwo_gw

First delivery of worms. I'm thinking this isn't normal :(

momovtwo
13 years ago

I ordered on Saturday, received a message that worms were sent on Monday and today they arrived. I immediately became concerned from the smell of the box. Here I thought there wouldn't really be a smell (other than earthy, wormy smells) if all is well. I don't think all is well though. The bag STINKS to the point of making my 8 year old literally gag and almost throw up in the sink. I opened the bag and there is a stringy stinky gooie mess at the top of the bag. I don't think I could even tempt a perch with this glob. I cut open the bottom of the bag and found 27 live worms in the dry bedding. I ordered a lb of worms. I emptied those into my 3 week old bin that is layered with nice moist partially composted cardboard (spent the summer as padding under the pool) and finished homemade compost. I hope these few make it, but I just wanted to make sure this wasn't normal before I email my problems. Complete newbie and I don't want to seem like an idiot, LOL. Here is what I found, sorry it's not very clear in the first picture. The second picture is the stringy, stinky mess that I put in one of my garden beds and watered to rinse then covered with compost 'in case' there are any survivors.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH