SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
depictureboy

Has this happened to anyone else?

depictureboy
13 years ago

First, an introduction. I am just beginning but I have been reading this forum for quite a while. I am planning on starting small...I had originally wanted to do this for raising fishing bait...but now I see a bigger picture :)

Anyway...I ordered my worms and they arrived yesterday. It was getting dark when I got home, so I quickly opened the package and put the contents of the bag(1 lb ENC) into my prepared bin. I then went over and turned on the garage lights and started checking out my bin, but I didnt see any worms...I dug around a bit more, but didnt really get into it cause I was in my work clothes. I put the packaging and such in the trash and headed in(i also put the lid on my bins). This AM i get up and start digging around the bin, but i still see no worms...I check the bag that they come in, and it seems to be intact, but there are all kinds of tiny white bugs crawling around the outside and inside the box. At first i was afraid they were the worms, but closer inspection showed they had tiny little legs...

so anyway..it looks like I got a pile of dirt. I guess when i get home tonite I will have to dump it all into my wheelbarrow and see if there are any worms at all.

Does anyone have any tips? I already emailed the vendor and am waiting for a reply.

Comments (18)