SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chuckiebtoo

I've found an alien life form in my compost pile

chuckiebtoo
18 years ago

Oh, I've had lots of kinds of living stuff make homes in my compost bins that I didn't even want there and took extraordinary measures to get rid of, usually to no avail, but THIS, this is something I need a little, OK, a lot, of help with.

A small, brightly lit metallic, saucer-shaped hovering object crashed-landed directly into my hot bin about a week ago with a loud splat that I observed first hand while out in the back yard relieving myself of the day's burdens and a six-pack of beer my birthday earned and was given me by my better half in anticipation of a reciprocal present for her birthday of a weeklong trip to Nassau.

I understand the whole ridiculousness of such a relationship, but that is for another post at another time. What we're talking about here is verifiable alien invasion of my compost pile.

The glow became brighter, but with a greenish sheen, as the thing gradually came ever closer to my yard. Being preoccupied with the matter at hand, I glanced at it and thought for just a moment it was a lightning bug, but bigger. Then, when it half splattered and kind of floated down into my pile, I decided that something was not right, and armed myself with a potato fork to investigate.

Upon first inspection, the pile looked pretty normal, but closer examination showed some scorched browns on the exterior parts of the pile...a definite indication that something really hot had plowed into it.

Afraid, but unable to control myself, I kinda gently parted the upper part of the pile and, with more excitement, started pulling the pile apart. When I got about half-way into it, the pile began glowing a strange purple-bright, pulsating whiteness, and the little flying thing shot right out of the pile, barely skirting past my right cheek, zoomed silently skyward, and disappeared into the night.

When I composed myself, I noticed my right cheek was cherry red and much of my beard was singed and had that singed-hair stench about it. I ran to get a flashlight, saw that the electricity in the entire neighborhood was silent, and thought, "My wife has put a mind-altering drug in my birthday beer".

After calming down, in retrospect, I realize that the little craft had probably mis-calculated it's fuel supply, surveyed it's options, and landed in my pile to refuel.

You may, like most disbelieving composters would, scoff at what I've just told you, but the next time you go out to your pile and it has suddenly become cold since yesterday, think about what might have landed in it overnight for a pit stop.

Chuckiebtoo

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville