SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vicsitter1

Wanting to try raising worms with my son Help please...

vicsitter1
16 years ago

I'm wanting to try raising some worms for not only the casts but for the fun of my 9 year old helping me. I was thinking about buying one of those stackable tray type farms with the water valve and of course reading the instructions that come with it. Now my question is, will I be mainly be putting the same things such as vegetable and fruit scraps into it that, that I do with my compost bin for the worms food, along with the bedding? Here lately I've been using a small chopper in the kitchen to make any food scraps real small. When I do this it seems that there is a substancial amount of moister when useing these type of scraps, so would I have to add anymore? Also could you keep open the valve with a can under it so to much water wouldn't build up? All of these types of question are making my head spin about doing this or not. I'm new to this section so maybe I'll learn more by reading some more posts but maybe you could help me by answering these few questions. Sorry about some of the spelling if it's not perfect.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH