SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Early morning garden stroll ...

Like just about everybody else who gardens I find that one of its simply pleasures is to stroll about the yard in early morning to enjoy what might have changed overnight.

The first thing I noticed this morning is that one of the Passion vines had a Gulf Frit caterpillar. Yea! Somehow the camera managed to reflect my smile ;-) I didn't see the mama, but the evidence that she was here is plain to see ...

One of the beauties of a blooming Scarlet pentepete is the carpet of yesterday's flowers scattered on the ground beneath the plant ...

Ah ha! The Voodoo lily seeds I planted several months ago are at last germinating. This is my first try with them ...

It's typical for Voodoo lillies to start going dormant in mid August and not to emerge again until late May. This year's weather has somehow confused them as I see some of them came back up right after going dormant! I wonder if the bulbs will survive?

The candelabra of fragrant the Kidneywood tree's blooms against Bougainvillea blooms is lovely, and the scent is of wild flowers ...

Somehow the little cactus growing in close proximity to a Boston fern is quite incongruent, but interesting. This plant received from Joey at a plant swap years ago faithfully blooms every year. This year it had seven or eight huge purple flowers ...

One of the beauties of early morning strolls are seeing back lit plants. The sweet potato vine is beautiful this year. I stopped growing years ago because of little beetles that riddled the leaves, but this year -- no bugs!

{{gwi:301891}}

As I stepped out on the front porch an interesting tint in the early morning light engulfed the scene ....

Hope you enjoyed the morning stroll with me ... :-)

Comments (12)