SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Umbrellas coming down one by one ...

Been working in the hot summer moving things so I can take the umbrellas down after the removal of the big tree explosed many plants to sun they could not take.

Just one place of several: columnar cactus (thank you Patty) in the pot where First Lady phlox once grew ...

Never imagined Sweet almond verbena would grow into a tree and withstand last winter's long days of freezing weather. It's bloomed again and again all summer ...

Shoestring acacia has grown by leaps and bounds since planted a few months ago. I can see it as a holder of coral vine blooms in a year or two ...

I'm most pleased with Baji red fairy duster purchased at SABG plant sale last year. It has bloomed all summer and is still producing buds ...

Spent scarlet pentapete flowers make beautiful litter. The plants self seed and grow through the gravel ...

The cat that ate the canary? Not!

A native passion vine grows on the pillar and a gulf fritillary caterpillar eclosed on the cat's mouth before I noticed it being there ...

There's always wonder and surprises in the garden. We would love to see yours ... :-)

Comments (10)