SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Some flowers, some critters and GNOMES! :-(

The roses are hitting their 2nd flush of the year and with all the rain most of the other plants are looking pretty too too.

This is Austin's Scepter'd Isle with Fanick's Phlox. I was just about overcome with their scents when taking this photo as both are very fragrant ...

I dearly love the blended colors of Gruss an Aachen! They are truly this color as they open and fade to almost white in the summer heat. The bush is very healthy and has few thorns ...

This pretty little nymph of an unknown insect is perching on the petals of Gruss. He may be up to no good, but is a pretty little guy. Anybody know what he'll be when he grows up? ...

The black swallowtail caterpillars were doing well on the fennel I planted for them -- until a mini sherman's tank was seen pushing over the plants to get at them. Oh well ...

This is one of the tanks enjoying a bite of mellon for dessert here ...

I was surprised to find no less than three gnomes in the garden! Two of them looking very innocent ...

And this older one with a wheel barrow pretending to do some work so I won't pitch him out ... :-)

It's so much fun when a new plant shows it's first flower! This is a Brazilian Button Bush passed along to me by Patty ...

And for the finale here's the Stripped Beauty Canna. It's a short plant and one of my favorites, but after the drought of 2008 I was down to one plant. Upon moving it to a new spot it multiplied nicely. Since I found out cannas will bloom the same year from seed I'm planning on saving and planting the seeds from this one to trade at the fall SAPS ...

Thanks for looking. Hope you're all enjoying your gardens as much as I am!

Comments (15)