SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sapphiregirl_gw

Some pics. of home, flowers, etc.

sapphiregirl
14 years ago

Hubby and I live in Pasco County Fl.. We moved here back in Feb. so whatever plants were here, all looked dead from lack of caring, as well as the "freeze" from time to time. We had no idea other than what our neighbors tried to tell us what had grown in the yards here. Come to find out we not only have the angel trumpets (have 1 peach, 1 pink, 1?), but pink and red oleanders, jasmine bush, yellow allamanda, canna's, elephant ears, and others that look like them but have color,lol... hibiscus's, orange, and grapefruit trees, and god only knows what else. Oh and 4'O clocks, and lots of periwinkles (all different colors). I'm in "nature heaven" here and love it. It's been non stop for hubby and I as we try and get plants back to health, making gardens, arbor, and pulling out what is not needed. I lost 20 lbs, and got a great tan while doing it...rofl. We're up there in years now (64 & 59), but we still have a zest for the outdoors and we love to stay active. Our daughter moved to Minnesota, and is getting married next year, and our son is married with two boys and one girl on the way, and they are our neighbors on the other side..lol.

I guess I won't find any of these seed pods, so I guess like gottahosta said, use a cutting from it. As for "hand pollinating", never heard of that either...ha

Well I finally managed to get some pics. up at photobucket. They are pics. of the house and flowers, plants etc. ... along with our angel trumpets. While talking with Judy our neighbor, she said she had "seed pods" on hers. She has a yellow one, and her "pods" were more rounded.. She has another one I believe she said purple, and it has "seed pods" as well, so we're waiting for them to ripen before taking them off.

Thank you all for the advice, and warm welcome.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket

Comments (3)