SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

BIG flowers on little plants, plus ....

Cactus plants would probably take the prize on their ability to produce huge flowers on little plants. This cactus was given to me by Joey at the S.A. swap last year. It has two more buds yet to bloom!

I have a great appreciation for the intricate designs displayed by this family of plants. The friendly thorns on this one are too incurved to prick and look like a thousand long lashed eyes smiling out onto the world while it fondly sets its buds in a soft cottony bed ...

Another huge bloom on a small plant is the Manfreda's offering. Not only are the lily like flowers large and complex, but they are held atop on a six foot stalk that in this case has gracefully curved to give an eye level view of the flower's beauty. The stalk comes out of a little spotted whirl of leaves not a even a foot tall. Some of you got this plant at the S. A swap in March. There are five plants that are now blooming in the group ...

My front porch rose, the nicely scented Don Juan, always puts on a great spring show and continues to bloom throughout the season ...

The Arroya Sweetwood tree is in full bloom and as usual, whether in bloom or not, is wafting it's cinnamon like scent on the slightest breeze. Such a beautiful graceful tree which loves caliche type alkaline soils and is drought tolerant to boot. It was originally found growing on mountainsides in Mexico about 25 years ago ...

The individual orchid like flowers are lovely and the bees love them ...

I'm enjoying collecting agaves and succulents. I find their unusual and graceful shapes and colors fascinating. This unnamed agave acquisition is still just a baby ...

Thank you for looking and my wish for you all is that you enjoy all kinds of gardening as much as I do!

Comments (9)