SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilium_guy56

just rambling about work to do

lilium_guy56
17 years ago

I have so much digging to do next spring. For those of us that have lived in NY a long time (56 yrs) this SNOW today is normal. At least for Booneville it is. Us upstate NYers are the only people who can drive in a blizzard at 75 mph. Put the rake and hoe away get out the snow shovel. One good thing about the LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG winter is you get highly excited waiting for the Tulips to sprout. I spent many years as a bachelar making the best flower garden in town. It really is!!! Then I was playing spades on the web and got talking to a W.V. woman. We got married (April 2005)and I trucked her up here to snow country. She loves my garden. Hates the cold and snow. We were watching the news last saturday and the prediction was for snow by weeks end. I took it as normal. My wife had a fit saying "are ya'll nuts? They cain't be serious!!" So I told her its normal but I hate the cold and wanted to leave NY 5 years ago and thats why I was attracted to her because she was from "souther". LOL!!! Somehow she took that as a compliment. The wife then said, "if ya'll hate it here so much why did ya'll truck me up here? We could go down home if ya'll want." She let that drop I think because I had a nasty look on my face. But all week at work I've been thinking about the snow, cold and the 100 stupid costly fees we have here that they don't have there. Today I was standing by the garden with the shovel as my weife drove in. She asked what I was doing and I told her, "we need a lot of saw dust and some barrels hun." She asked, "fer what?" I told her, "well we have to take all these flowers back to West Virginia with us". After a smile all she said was "well you the man so thats the way it'll be" AHHHH those dixie chicks. So we are out of here April 2007. After 56 years of blizzards and high taxes and high electric bills, high heating costs and high everything I had enough. I need to write Albany to tell them why we are leaving. NY population down by another 4 people. See Ya'll around!!!If anyone ever is in Parkersburg,WV stop in.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer