SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redthistle

Ramble about Living in the City

Redthistle
15 years ago

I'm sitting here waiting for my pot roast to be done...Here's an early "Merry Christmas" to anyone who reads this.

I know this will come as no surprise, but it sure is expensive living inside the city. Doctor & dentist visits are higher. Property taxes are higher. Relatively speaking, there are also more city restrictions as to what you may or may not do with your property, yard, etc. In addition, a used item that I might pay $60.00 for on e-Bay is selling is $150.00 or more here. Then there are the lines in the shopping centers and stores and the heavy traffic even on the little roads plus the general rudeness of many city people.

Thought I might pay a plant expert to give me an hour consult on what I could plant in my right-of-way strip, but guess not. The person I contacted charges $185.00 for an hour to an hour and a half. I think I can use my own ideas (or yours from a previous post) for that price.

I've wanted for the longest to live in a small town, but the jobs aren't there, and I'm a little old lady driver, so I'd have a wreck driving into the city.--I'd also never see my kids because I'd be too scared to drive to see them. :-(

I probably spend more time at home than most because I hate the hustle and bustle of the streets and parking lots.

Do you like where you live? What are your thoughts?

Comments (19)