SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucas_tx_gw

Look what followed me home

lucas_tx_gw
12 years ago

So this is what happens when you listen to a bunch of enablers..

As requested earlier, photos of the mutabilis in bloom

I tried to get inside the bush so you can see just how big the trunk is but I'm not sure you see quite far enough

Kind of a dark day but but hopefully you can see the colors OK.

This is crossvine and coral honeysuckle with some already played out daffs at the bottom

The other side of these vines

Columbines. These in corner got the most shade and soaker hose water last summer (we water the foundation) so they are ahead of everyone else

Coralberry still a few berries hanging on but in spring its main attraction is the lime green foliage

Red yucca (hesperaloe) getting ready to bloom

Phlix pilosa

Horseherb just starting to bloom

Golden groundsel (Packer obovata) on the way out with white avens (Geum canadense) which hasn't quite started

Dotted blue eyes, my favorites! I make DH mow around them all over the yard ;-)

Oak leaf hydrangea 'Snow Queen' just starting to bloom for the first time.

Very exciting Baptisia is going to bloom for the firs time. This one went in the ground in fall 2010. I have another that went in during spring 2011, it's way behind this and I'm sure it won't bloom this year.

Not a great pic but Salvia greggii raspberry getting started and Engelmann's daisy just getting ready to bloom

Next door neighbor's bluebonnet patch

Louis Hamilton globe mallow (Sphearalcea ambigua) this was spectular a few weeks ago, on its way out now

The septic system ball diamond bed we put in last fall. Pretty immature but growing. Elderberries in the back getting ready to bloom, spring obedient plant getting ready.

Lotsa martins

Clematis

Have a few more but my broswer is getting cranky so I'm going to submit this before I lose this whole thread.

Hope you enjoy!

Teri

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer