SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scorpgirl29

Oops, I Did It Again or Red Wine and Tomatoes

scorpgirl24
16 years ago

This year I promised myself I wouldn't go crazy when I planted my seeds. Well, I got a bit of a late start-April 7th. I now have about 80 seedlings. I believe red wine was to blame for my enthusiasm. I'm going to segregate my 9 seedlings and try and give away the rest. I was wondering how I would do this with my very limited space. I'm planning on planting 4 or so seedlings in larger containers and giving them away. Does this sound like a good idea? I'm in central NJ so if anyone needs plants, you can email me. I know they look small now, but I have had great luck over the years. I have a greenhouse and I always wait until Memorial Day to plant. I harden off for a long period.

I also bought 2 earthboxes this year. I found out I can only plant 2 plants per pot. I have 9 varieties, so 5 of the plants will have to go in other containers or the ground. I have Opalka, San Marzano, Brandywine, White Beauty, Black Cherry, Costoluso Genovese, Yellow Ruffle, Mortgage Lifter and Beefsteak. Any thoughts on which plants to plant in the earthboxes or does it make a difference? Also, will plants be better off in plastic containers or terra cotta? My ground space is limited, due to semi-shady conditions.

Here are my babies.

{{gwi:663296}}

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting