SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sally2_gw

I HATE shopping!

sally2_gw
16 years ago

Answer me this ladies, please. Why can't they make shorts for women? Why can't they make shorts that are shaped like women? Why can't they make shorts that fit? Why are shorts so darn long, or so darn short? Why can't they make them in between? Aarrrrrgh! And whats up with the sizing, too?

DH and I started out mattress shopping, which is a very strange experience in itself, but segued into shopping for shorts for me. Ya gotta understand, I wear clothes until they are literally full of holes and are basically indecent to wear. Well, I've lost a few pounds, just a few, mind you, but enough that my shorts aren't fitting me any more, and they have holes in them, and it just doesn't look right to wear holey shorts to clients' homes. So, DH insisted I shop for shorts. (It's bad when your husband is insisting you go shopping, and he even is going with you to make sure you do it!) My shorts are only 10 or 15 years old or so, but he insisted anyway.

Well, first of all, they don't come up to the waist any more. I kept giving myself a wedgie trying to pull them up. And the waist sticks out in back. What's with that? I remember when I was a teenager, and the fad was to wear boys jeans, even though the waist stuck out in back. Well, I guess that's still the style. And they're all so ugly. Many of the shorts I looked at didn't look much different than the ones I'm needing to replace - faded, ragged threads hanging down, and holes in them. Why bother? Some were boxy shaped, some showed way too many bulges, in the legs, but the waist still stuck out in back. The other shorts available were too nice for me to wear to work. Well, after hours of shopping at stores ranging from Target and Old Navy (why did I bother going there! I'm not 17 any more.) to Macys and Eddie Bauer, trying on probably 50 pairs of shorts. I found 2 pair that I was willing to buy, at way more than I really wanted to spend. I did discover the secret to the miraculous weight loss ads where they go from a size 22 to a size 2 in just 2 weeks. They change brands of clothing. If you ever need your ego stroked, go shop at Eddie Bauers.

I really could use more than 2 pair, since I wear them to work every day in the summer, but I think I'll just wait and see what's available 10 years from now.

Sally

Comments (24)