SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dwalters7

I know I ask Alot..But Prayers are surely Needed...

Dena Walters
16 years ago

I think most of you know that my DFNL was admitted to an alzheimers clinic recently. Welll, in the past 3 weeks he has been further diagnosed with Lewy Bodies. We were told today that this facility can no longer take care of Pop (DFNL) because of his anger. I do understand because he has really hurt some of the staff and residents...to the point of a fractured spine, broken collar bone, broken hip...to say the least.

I get to be the one who gets to tell my DMNL tonight that this facility can no longer keep Pop...and it really does just kill me to keep haveing to give her bad news after bad news and breaking her heart even more...

With Lewy Bodies we have 2 facilities that will agree to keep Pop (hardly any facilities including alzheimer's facilities will keep LB patients)...I guess I am so worried because what IF his anger is too extreme with the next place we have to admit him to and they cannot keep him any longer...what do we do then? Are there any other options? I dont' see any and I know he would kill one of us, if we brought him back home and attempted to care for him ourselves...

And I feel so bad for my DMNL..she just really does not deserve all of this heart ache...

Soo when I feel like Im at the end of my rope, and just cannot take one more thing...Prayer is what we need most...And I have truely always came here and gotten so many prayers..it really does help...

Thanks everyone for listening to my ramblings and worries!

Dena

Comments (19)