SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sally2_gw

One of our 'ferals' has passed

sally2_gw
16 years ago

The place i work has a group of feral cats that we long ago got fixed. Some of them have become quite friendly. One of them we named "Old Man" because he'd been around for years and years, and before he was fixed had fathered some of our cats we've since taken home. (Please, no lectures - his fathering days were years and years ago, when he was truely feral, before we were able to trap him and get him neutered, and his 'kids' are approaching old age themselves - he's always been happy living right where he does, and we couldn't see relocating him anywhere else.) Over the years, after he was neutered, he became quite friendly and loving, always wanting to be petted along with being fed. He wasn't afraid of the hose, and liked to hang out with whoever was out watering the plants where he lived. Well, yesterday he didn't show up for supper, and today, just a few minutes ago, my co-worker called me to tell me she found him dead. I think he was just old and worn out, but we don't know really what killed him. My co-worker is quite shaken up about it. He was more her cat than anybody's but he was everybody's friend. He was such a good cat, everyone that met him said he was such a cool cat. He will be greatly missed.

Sally

Comments (9)