SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacquelyn8b

Chased into the house

18 years ago

My poor little brain is melting!

I was out front, happily digging away when my DD and her friend came out on the porch to eat watermelon.

Guess they didn't think I could hear them - wish I didn't!

Her friend is such a sweet little thing, newly 17 and my gardening protege.

A true joy to have around, well mannered, funny and curious.

Elizabeth asked her if her parents were divorced since we have never seen her dad. She said nope, she "doesn't think they were ever married." (ok, no big deal) Then she goes on to say that she was an accident but her sister was a mistake. (huh?) The difference is that an accident is "when you love someone but it is an oops" and a mistake is "wish we could take that one back." (starting to freak out) But at least her mom didn't have an 'A' or else she wouldn't be here. Then she tells Elizabeth about her having one. (mental meltdown)

My bubble has been obliterated! I'm really not naive but DA*N!!! (She's just a baby!)size>

Part of me wants to have a serious talk with her and the other part wants to have a serious talk with her mother.

Scratch that - all of me wants to have a big, loud, sitdown with the mother.

(Who the hell tells their kids they were an oops and a complete mistake? That's so mean.)

And what is with the term "trailer trash?" This poor kid has such a complex about it. There is nothing trashy about her! Who gives a fuzzy rat's as* what kind of house she lives in?

Deep breath...

Instead, I am sitting here filthy, sunblock slimy and angry. Hiding in my office from any further revelations!

Parenting is traumatic.

They looked like such sweet little kids, eating watermelon and competing to see who has the loudest belch.

Well, they ARE but maybe not so little or kiddish.

Thank Heaven my husband wasn't home - oh man, he would have passed out!

Thank you for letting me vent ~ going to take a shower then sneak to my room so I don't say anything I shouldn't.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting