SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marie_in_wa

UPDATE: Another 12 person/12 month exchange

marie_in_wa
19 years ago

Well, everyone's packets were put in the mail this morning. You should hopefully receve them soon.

Please reply to let me know that you have receved yours. If I messed up and sent you a packet that contains your own questionaire, please let me know immediately so that I can remedy the situation.

If you should lose any of your questionaires, please let me know, I have everything saved, and can e-mail you replacements.

I hope everyone has fun with this!

Comments (100)

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

Lera,
    I did get my box today. It had some really cute things inside. You are so talented to make your own soap.
    I will love drinking the tea you sent......thank you so much for being so thoughtful.
    Bonnie

• lerajo
    18 years ago

Dear Doris,

I got my package on Friday and I love it all. The little gardening bag with tools is perfect for my houseplants and maybe now I can keep the different little fertilizer bottle organized! The soap was lovely and matches my batheroom perfectly--how did you know? Love the grilling recipe book. We love to grill in the summer. It gets me out of the house even while I cook dinner. The seeds are cool and I will be planting some of them to see what will grow. And the plants are going in the ground today and will be welcome additions to my front door garden. Thank you so much for your very thoughtful gifts.

Happy Gardening, Lera

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: 12- Month seed swap for Feb

Q

Comments (43)
    Bonnie I just wanted to note how sweet and understanding on your part with Doris. I have sent her a card and will send another! Consider it done!If I have any seeds that you need I would be happy to send them...just let me know! Thanks to Beth for getting this robin started! It has been fun! Your super Beth!! To all Enjoy your weekend! Has anyone done any winter sowing? Yikes I haven't yet but hope to soon! I better get going with that project or before I know it...it will be springtime!! Isn't that a wonderful thought?!
    ...See More

ANOTHER 12 month exchange

Q

Comments (9)
    Great! Can't wait!! Since there are so many 12 month swaps.. can you call it something so the thread is easy to find? Like Lissa's 12 month or whatever... That would help me tons! I'm in a few of these 12 month swaps.. and can easily go from Dusty to Duh-sty! lol Hi gardeningnut.. ~Dusty~
    ...See More

UPDATE: birthday month exchange july: debbya

Q

Comments (27)
    Deb, I know this one belongs to you but I recieved my box from Bonnie last week and can't wait any longer to post about the wonderful stuff she sent :) Bonnie sent COLUMBINE's! Purple with cream center's and seeds to match :) They are snuggled into their new bed and doing well. She sent Moon flower seeds and others but as I don't have them with me I can't remember. I also recieved 3 Glad bulbs, a datebook and a tea cup with bunnies on it. The card she sent has purple Iris on it that look just like the ones in my yard. Thank you so much Bonnie! I hope you had a wonderful "Birthday~in~July" Deb! Marie
    ...See More

UPDATE: Beth's 12 Month seed swap for June

Q

Comments (42)
    Hi I didn't forget ya Carol. It's your birthday next month just 4 days after mine and I had ordered something special for you as a surprise to send with this package... supposed to be delivered on 06/28.... STILL not here. I went ahead and sent your seeds on the 28th after the mail ran so it's on the way... however when you this finally arrives.. and you just receive something from me next month after this... it's your BIRTHDAY surprise and not the reg. seeds. Cassie
    ...See More
  • djm906
    18 years ago

Wow, that was fast delivery! I just mailed it Thursday! I am glad you liked everything. Doris

• djm906
    18 years ago

My package came Saturday from Plantlady Jan. Thank you for the tablet and pen set. I am always looking for paper to write notes and reminders on and this will be very handy. Thank you so much, Doris

• gardeningnutinva
    18 years ago

I am still waiting for my April and May package. I know who has me for May and she says she's still working on my box so that comforts me. I hope whoever had me in April hasnt forgotten about me:(

Sheena

• djm906
    18 years ago

My May box went out this morning, priority, to a city starting with "B"!

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

My April and May boxes went out this afternoon.

Bonnie

• mgood4u
    18 years ago

Hi. Sorry I haven't posted in a while.

My April package had hardy Geraniums, Catnip, and some woodland natives!

JWKBSTROUBLE~ I was your pal for April--sent box a long while back--I hope it came! PLMK

I will be sending May very soon. I haven't gotten a box for May yet.

Thanks, mgood4u

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

Doris,
    I received my package this morning.
    You are a very sweet lady......so many wonderful plants from your garden. The woodland phlox is called Wild Sweet William, and it is so fragrant. I really love it alot...thank you .The other plants, the violets, job's tears, chelone, and columbine are a delight as well. You were so generous. Your gardens must be something to see. I'm going to plant them and mark them with your name on them so when they bloom this year and next...I will think of you . The gardening apron will come in handy. I never have enough hands to hold everything .
    Thank you so much...
    Bonnie

• mgood4u
    18 years ago

I got my May box! Thanks Grovespirit! I got seeds, 2 Dahlia 'Monet', a hardy Gloxinia, seashells --straight from the seashore---(drooling--you are sooo lucky), and I also got some organic Rosemary and some Bay leaves (fresh)!!! I better get out of the garden & get cooking with them! My hubby will happy with that!

thanks Again!! My May box is going out on Monday to my pal!
    ~mgood4u

• marie_in_wa
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Has anyone heard from Andy or receved a package from him? I've tried e-mailing him to no avail, and he hasn't posted since Apr 27th. He was my May buddy, and I sent him a package, and he never posted if he receved it or not.

• mgood4u
    18 years ago

Hi! Just letting you know that I sent my package out prority today with a DC#. It's on the way! I don't know Andy. I don't recall seeing his name on any forums I visit often. Hope you find out!

~Dawn-mgood4u

• grovespirit
    18 years ago

Hi all, especially Lera... sorry to be late in posting. I was so ill I could not do anything. Was laid up in bed. Still sick but now I can function a few hours a day.

Got my April box last week. Thank you! Since I was terribly sick it was lucky that there were no live plants inside. Lots of great stuff tho, especially that naturally scented homemade soap. Finally a scent that doesn't give me headaches or sneezes!! I have been known to make soap a lot like yours but have been too busy in the garden to have time for soapmaking so I love getting this from you. (Huge smile).

There were also some other cute little gifts, one bodycare and 3 garden related, and some fancy tea which my hubby and I will enjoy in a quiet moment.

Thanks again! Happy Growing!

• grovespirit
    18 years ago

I got what I think is a wonderful, generous April gift from my secret pal on Saturday- Thanks, Pal!! It said it was from Bonnie Harper- but I was so ill I could not do anything with it. Was laid up in bed. There was a lemon balm plant inside which smells delightful!!

Hubby put the lemon balm in a pot for me, and it seems to be sulking but alive. So far so good. I feel about like the lemon balm- miserable health, but I'm pretty sure I will recover.

There were numerous other cool things in my box, including some plant related things I am not sure how to use (LOL), and some Black Pansy seeds and blue Statice seeds which had been on my want list for months! Thanks so much, Pal!

• marie_in_wa
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Would whoever has Andy as the person to send to for June please contact me? gardenwebmarie@yahoo.com

• mgood4u
    18 years ago

I got a really nice box today in the mail but I don't know if it was from this swap. But, I think this is the only one it can be from! So, I assume I got my June box already --thank you ! PLMK if this is from this swap because I didn't find a note and there are two plants -I know one is Ivy but I would love to know what the other one is! It looks great and was packed great to! With sponges to hold the moisture--how clever! I got a TON of other goodies to which I will post --but first I need to know if I got the right swap! PAL--who are you ! You're great!
    Thanks, mgood4u~Dawn

• mgood4u
    18 years ago

Ok - never mind the above post! I found out where it came from! lol. It was from a different swap! Oops!

~mgood4u

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Greeting to everyone!
    Best wishes for a safe and fun filled holiday weekend!!
    May pal you haven't been forgotten!! I got a bit behind as I having been dealing with a lot of health issues. Doris I just wanted to check for the package I sent for April..did you receive the seeds and information on fresh cut flowers. I have been having some issues with the post office and I wanted to make sure they did arrive!!!
    I am getting June's package ready as I got off to a slow start but I am able to get caught up now!!
    I haven't received a package for May...it seems Like I am not alone with the slow start!! LOL

• djm906
    18 years ago

Yes I did, I'm sorry I didn't get around to posting sooner. I am was very pleased with what you send, the information and easy growing seeds. It was very thoughtful to include the cute envelopes to put the future seeds into! Thanks so much, Doris

• djm906
    18 years ago

I also received a package from someone in Virginia. It contained sheets for tracking trades and sheets for my own information of what I planted of my own. Some plastic envelopes - a nice larger size, and some plant stakes which I was sorely in need of. thank you so very much. I'm sorry for the late post. Doris

• gardeningnutinva
    18 years ago

Hi Doris

I am the one that sent you the package with the trade sheets and all in it. I guess my label with my address came off. It was one of those small ones and it wasnt sticking very well to begin with. Hoped you enjoyed.

I also received my May package from Dawnb818. She sent me 2 magnets, some seeds, some cups to plant seeds in , some strawberry plants that my 6 year old daughter has claimed as her own!!, and gladioulas and hyanciths. Thanks Dawn for the package!

Sheena

• marie_in_wa
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sorry that I hadn't posted this before - this week was BUSY! I receved my may package from mgood4u, and it had a philadendren (I know I didn't spell that right!) cutting for my office (I really needed that, I go through plant withdrawls when I go to work!) a little itty bitty watering can that is also going to go to work with me, a mini-bird house that is just adorable, some small doll-house flower pots, a nice smelling candle, and some seeds. (Native blue Lupine, 4 o'clocks, orange trumpet vine, and Jewels of Opar.)

Thank you so much! :)

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

I sent my April and May boxes out the same day, May 17th, and have heard from my April person....but not my May person. Auntym999..did you get your package????
    Please post if you have...I sure hope so.
    Bonnie

• djm906
    18 years ago

Sheena, yes your sticker came off. I used up all the plant stakes already, spent part of the morning writing names on them and they are all now out in the garden. I put the sheets you sent in a folder. I am going to enjoy keeping things in order for the first time. For some reason, I could never do it on line like most people do! This is perfect!!! Doris

• lerajo
    18 years ago

Good Morning,
    I received a package yesterday, but there was no name tag or note to tell me who sent it. But I wanted to thank you anyway. I got plant markers, lots of very nice seeds, some pretty letter writing paper, and some organizational sheets for trades and keeping track of plants. Thank you very much, these all will be very useful.

Lera

• lerajo
    18 years ago

I guess these last two days were my lucky days!! Got my June package yesterday and my May package today!! Plantlady Jan send three lovely plants--A daylilly, a spirea that is pink and a lovely lime green hosta. I just love getting plants. Thank you Jan!!

Lera

• gardeningnutinva
    18 years ago

Lera

I had you for June. I am glad you liked the things I sent. I hope they are as useful to you as they are to me. I am already working on Julys package.

Sheena

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Lera
    Hi I am so glad that you received the plants and that they were ok!! I haven't been able to post as my computer crashed and I just now got it back from the repair shop!! I hope the plants do well for you!! Let me know if you should need replacements!! Wow that last week it has been in the 90's here which is a bit warm for this time of year!! Makes me think about putting A/C in!!! I am working on June's package and will mail it out within a few days!! Best wishes for a great weekend!!

• djm906
    18 years ago

Got my June package out today headed for California. Hope you like it, Doris

• pattyp2257
    18 years ago

are there any openings i am looking for a place my name is patty please let me know

• marie_in_wa
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sorry Patty - we are all full.

• marie_in_wa
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Receved my june package yesterday from AuntyM, and it was a catnip plant (which is perfect since my cat just got into mine the other day and decimated it :()and a spider plant that will work perfectly for my desk at work! (I go through plant withdrawls during the day! LOL)

Thank you :)

• pattyp2257
    18 years ago

are there any openings i sure would like to join patty

• marie_in_wa
    Original Author
    18 years ago

No Patty, as previously posted, there are not. Usually if the thread is an "update" thread, there is no more room. If you are looking for an exchange, look for threads that start with "NEW"

• mgood4u
    18 years ago

That's funny.

I'll be sending my June box out soon.

• tensastottie
    18 years ago

To my new pal your box is going out Next week hope you enjoy it and Marie, thanks for letting me join in as a replacement.
    Jamie

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

Got my June box out Tuesday.
    Have fun with the toys, June buddy.. and enjoy this summer.
    Bonnie

• mgood4u
    18 years ago

Thank you Gardnwatch!!!! My kids will be very BUSY! They LOVE getting surprises from GWers and it makes me happy to! They thank you from the bottom of their little hearts!

My pal sent me a box of wildflower seeds, Ice pop makers - complete with Koolaid! Popcorn - MY KIDS MAKE ME MAKE IT ALL THE TIME - you are a mind reader, a really pretty hanging lantern, and last but not least---A BATTERY OPERATED BUBBLE GUN!!!! (The icing on the cake). Saves me some breath when I am digging and blowing bubbles at the same time in order to keep the kiddies happy!

Thanks sooooo much for your thoughtfulness, Dawn - mgood4u

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

Dawn, you are so very welcome. From your enthusiasum it sounds like you're going to enjoy the fun things as well.
    Thanks for your kind note....I'm so glad your kids are tickled. You made me chuckle....thanks..
    Bonnie

• mgood4u
    18 years ago

I was excited - I forgot to mention the cute candles shaped like fruit slices!

I have my June box packed and ready to go. Will be sending it out soon.

mgood4u

• lilyroseviolet
    18 years ago

Hi Marie and all thanks for letting me in on this robin, hoping to get something out to my pal this week!

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Hi Marie
    I haven't heard anything for May or June by any chance has anyone contacted you regarding a problem?? Please let me know. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

• mgood4u
    18 years ago

I sent my box out priority on Monday. Hopefully it should be arriving maybe today. It is headed to Cumberland Ohio (there's a hint!)

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Hi
    I want to wish everyone a safe and fun filled holiday weekend!! Happy 4th of July!!
    I haven't received anything for the past 2 months if my pal is out there please email me. I hope all is well with everyone with this group. I feel a bit left out and would like to know what is happening. It is ok if I have been missed but at least I would like an answer. Thanks in advance for your assistance in getting this issue resolved.
    Jan

• mgood4u
    18 years ago

Hi! Just wondering if my pal (Dawn ) got her package for June. I mailed it priority on Monday.

mgood4u

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

I don't think I received my June box from my pal yet, either. Pal, whomever you are, please let me know if you sent a box . Maybe I just didn't get it yet.
    Happy 4th of July everyone.....
    Bonnie

• lilyroseviolet
    18 years ago

I am new to the group and didnt get to send out my first being June yet, so I will send out my June and July on July 6, have not forgotten!:)

• marie_in_wa
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Posting for dawnb (receved via e-mail):

Hello Marie,
    Please post on GW that I received my June box from Dawn mgood4u. She sent me some wonderful plants, a much needed journal, a box of tea which I love!!!! And a manicure set, which I always need! Please let PlantladyJan know that her June box is on the way if she hasnt received it yet. I loved my box!!!!!!!! Thank you to Dawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dawn
    dawnb818

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

A big thanks goes to Dawn for my June goodie box!! A nice selection of seeds, the cutest photo frame and a cookie press!! Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness!! I am not sure why it took so long to get here??!! Who knows but again a big thanks!

• lerajo
    18 years ago

Hello,

I have been gone for awhile, but I wanted to let Auntym999 and mgood4u know that I will be sending their packages out today. Life has been hectic and I haven't gotten the packages done until now. Hope everyone is having a good summer.

Take Care.