SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
veeja11

UPDATE: Beth's 12 Month seed swap for June

veeja11
17 years ago

Beth is cavorting again, she asked me to post for june, I hope everyone received for May and that I am the only one who didn't. back to normal this month. I'm excited I get Cassie back. I hope someone is getting sun. I am trying to build a chicken coop and it won't stop raining. First two weeks of may nothing but sun and upper 70s. I complained then, about lack of rain. I love all my spring blooms tho. hope you are having fun Beth. hugs

Comments (42)

• moms_garden
    17 years ago

I like to join this one please...how does this work?
    sheila

• atravers
    17 years ago

Mary Ellen,
    I mailed out your June seed packet this morning. Should reach you on Tuesday. Enjoy!
    Ann

• Related Discussions

March round of 12 Month Seed Swap

Q

Comments (52)
    Beth--a reverse swap in May has my vote too!!!! DORIS!!!! Thank you so much for your note and seeds--but you don't 'owe' me anything!!! I send to you!!!! I know it must be hard to get caught up on your corespondance and pkgs--haha--I have a time keeping up myself and I don't even have a good reason for it!!:) Thanks again!! Jeanette
    ...See More

12 month seed swap for September

Q

Comments (27)
    Jeanette.. You are not bad. you are good, good, good .. and I am lucky, lucky,lucky... to have gotten such a great seed packet this month. Not only did you send me some wildflower seeds and some Siberian Scilla bulbs which I have never planted before, but you sent me chocolate !!!!!Yum. I don't know what it is about women, but we seem to know when we need something like that and you sure sent it to me at a good time. Mondays are to me the worst day of the week but today I got your packet in the mail and it made the day much brighter......thank you . Don't worry about being late....it happens to us all. Thank you again. Bonnie
    ...See More

12 month seed swap October

Q

Comments (36)
    Hi everyone, My seeds for October did indeed arrive last week but I was busy playing and visiting. My daughter from Alaska made a short visit on very short notice but what a great visit we had. Surprises like that are even better than the ones that come in the mail. Maybe because they arrive so rarely. Many thanks to Mellen. She has been a great pal and a real friend thesse past couple years.
    ...See More

12 month seed swap December

Q

Comments (43)
    Tina, thanks for letting me know. You've got me waiting on pins and needles now cause you know it is almost prime seed starting season! Yahoo! Beth, Another person is supposed to order seeds from Dowdeswell's Delphiniums Ltd (you can look them up on the web and salivate). Since they require you order 50 seeds of each type, she was looking for a couple of people to go in with her. She said she would get back to me toward the end of Feb, since that is when this company's new seed crop ripens. I'm really hoping this goes through. I've been having trouble with dampening off this year and I've been reading up on it since delphs are very prone to it. I've only grown the Delph's for a couple years and only a couple each year. They are iffy here. Seems like 1/2 don't come back the next year. We get pretty hot and humid here in Aug. But our cottage is in zone 5 and a much cooler area so I'm hoping I can get some of them to be perinneal there. :o) Your squirrel swap is so funny, I stop there often. I NEED a life! LOL sharon
    ...See More
  • veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Sheila, this is a year long swap run by beth who is traveling at the moment. she will let you know when she returns if there are any spots open, sometimes someone drops out, so hang in there until she returns. hope you all received for may. hugs carol

• pattygrow5
    17 years ago

It seems I never got anything for May I hope gardeningwitch remembered it was a turn around month. Patty

• rudybacon
    17 years ago

Veeja11,
    Hi, I am the one that was to send to you in May. I got the envelope back without the address. Did you not get my e-mail asking for your address again?

I had my computer go haywire and I am having to re-do it from scratch. I think someone I am doing a webpage also maybe didn't get my e-mails. I just thought you were out of town and hadn't gotten my e-mail yet.

I am so sorry about the delay.

Kathy

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

I'm back in MD and using the computer at the library. So far there is electric at the house but no phone or water. Well... electric is Progress. In April I had candles and window screens. Now I have lights , refrig and microvave. Can turn on AC if/when I need it. So, i'll shower with friends and carry water for the sink and toilets and figure this is progress. Crossing the country in my truck always increases my admiration for those brave pioneer women who crossed in covered wagons. it is a LONG,LONG trip.
    I'll try to sort out the seed swapping ina couple days. Carol, are you set now from the May turnaround??
    I have not seen much from Gardenwitch in a while either????

• mellen
    17 years ago

Ann, You are THEEEE BEST!!!! WOOOHOOO!!! Asparagus Peas!!! and EARTHTONES ornamental corn!!!!! YES!!!!!!!! I JUST got the mail, and I am so EXCITED I came right in to e-mail my BIGGEST, GREATEST, and HEARTIEST THANK YOU!!!!!! YES, there is time to get them in the ground. I'm heading out to plant them now. You are a peach! Mary Ellen/Mellen

• PlantladyJan
    17 years ago

Hi
    Beth please send me your new address.
    Sharon I am running a bit behind but I will get your seeds sent out!! Thanks for understanding!
    Tina do I owe you seeds? Please let me know.

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Beth--just wanted to pop in to say I'm glad to see you made it home safe and sound-- I think you would have been one of those 'pioneer women' had you lived in that era-it certainly is a brave thing you do in your trek to and from Alaska each year--I am proud of you and proud to be your friend!!!!
    Ok--I too need your MD addy--
    Jeanette

I better get back to work

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Oh, I just HAVE to jump in and say a few things today!
    So Beth, who are these 'friends' you are showering with?
    You are so risque'!!!!color>

HAPPY JUNE BIRTHDAY PLANTLADYJAN!!size>

I know your BD isn't for several more days, but thought I would wish you happy BD while I remember it! (I saw the post on the BD of the Month swap, grin)

Darlene, your June package is on its way. :o)

sharon/tma

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

am I senile, I thought I posted a thankyou to ruby for all the wonderful seeds and texas wilflower key chain, climbing spinich which I love, I am currently into any ornamental that can be eaten. Thankyou Ruby I love it all

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Jeanette, Your seeds are going into the mail today. More "smelly stuff" So many of the old fashioned flowers were fragrant and that seems to be what I keep sending tp you.
    My plants survived the trip back to MD in fine fashion. Some crushed or torm leaves but no major losses. I promised them I would not drag them that far again. Didn't tell them that might mean they'd get left behind but nevermind that. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
    Kathy, hope the computer is behaving itself again. Computer problems are such a hassel. Makes you wonder how we survived without then for the last hundred years???
    Carol, I'm with you. I love chickens too. They can be SO funny. Too bad I didn't realise.... I coulda done a couple good chicken jokes.

• gardnwatch
    17 years ago

Beth,
    Where in Md did you move to?
    Bonnie

• darlene87
    17 years ago

Received my May pkg. from Cassie. She sent Bachelor Buttons, Columbine, which I love, and Butterfly bush, pink. I have a blue one, so will try the pink. Also a few bulbs, I think they are glads. She had no note, so I am guessing. If I am wrong, I shall find out soon enough. Hoping that her family is on the mend now, and back to feeling well. Thanks Cassie, everything is going to be interesting to try. I sort of tag my plants, like Cassie's columbine, Cassie's butterfly bush, so I remember the person for a long, long time.
    Darlene

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Kelly--your seeds went out today--didn't forget--I'm just slow this month!!!
    Jeanette

• darlene87
    17 years ago

I received my June pkg. from Sharon, too many animals. She sent a nice note with the card. Also she sent some seeds I am dying to try...blue meconopsis poppy. They grow in this area if you can get the seeds to germinate. Sharon, don't feel bad, they only grow in a few places in the world, and your area is not one. But they do grow here, so if I get them to do something, I will be the only one that has had success with them.
    Darlene

• cassiet
    17 years ago

Hi Darlene,
    I sent you an email about the bulbs. I was in such a hurry to get it to you because it was LATE that I didn't put the card in. I put in the bulbs as a treat because I was late with the package. The bulbs are glads and the names are "Homecoming" and "Epside" They are from Park Seed & Bulb if you want to see what they look like. Jenn is doing some better... she has returned to work however her wrist is still swelling since she does proof operating at a bank and uses it constantly. She's on the mend though. I'm better... shoulder hurts some and still very weak have to see orthopaedic physician! Making face.

It has been a little cool and rainy here in WV which is unusual for Charleston. Normally so hot we just pray for a breeze. My bulbs, plants and seeds getting a SLOW start. How's everyone else's gardening growing?

Happy B-day plant lady

Cassie

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Hi everyone,
    Bonnie, I'm on the Eastern Shore near Crisfield. It is still peaceful and quiet but does not look like it will stay that way for long.
    Darlene, good to see you here. Hope you are feeling well. My neighbors in Kodiak had those blue poppies and what a beautiful color. I know they would not grow here in MD either but seeing them was a treat.
    Cassie, we are having remarkably cool weather here in MD too. No complaints on that from me. I love cool weather.
    I drove through Charlestown on the way to MD and was surprised at what a busy place it is. I just expected a nice "sleepy little town". "NOT" LOL
    Good to hear from you too and glad things are improving for you and the family.

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Beth-- seeds were in my mail last night!! I will plant them tonight--too hot now--94 and HUMID!!!!
    Thanks
    Jeanette

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Just wondering if Jan and Sharon received their seeds?
    Where are you ladies? Come out, come out where ever you are, :-).

Tina

• mellen
    17 years ago

Beth, May I please have your address?

Thanks, Mellen

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Jan has been busy helping a friend with an energency. Then for her Birthday, she was going to "the Races" for the weekend. Maybe she will pop back in on Monday.
    Mellen, thought I sent it , sorry.
    Will do.

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

I just realized I spelled Sharon, and not Shannon. Brain fart, LoL. Has anyone hear from her?
    Mellen, did you happen to get a message from me in last couple of weeks? Glad to see you safely back home.

Tina

• rudybacon
    17 years ago

Hi, just a quick note to tell Carol I received my seeds. Thanks for the assortment, I hope I have time to plant at least a few of the salmon black eyed susans. I don't have any of those.

My grandson was in a car accident and broke his back very badly. He did miss being paralysed by a very small margin. What with the surgery, hospital stay, etc. it has been a hectic week. Soooooooo Pattygrow, that is why I haven't got your seeds sent yet. Bear with me. I've just barely got my computer going but as long as I can get online I'm happy.

Thanks, Kathy

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Hey Kelly--did you get your seeds??
    just wondering!?
    Jeanette

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Kathy, Hope your grandson is doing well after his surgery. It is so scary when something is happening to one of your kids. And of course, Grandchildren are your kids.
    Keep us posted on progress.

• pattygrow5
    17 years ago

Kathy I'm not worried you can pass on sending this month I just hope your grandson is getting better he is what is important right now but did you get your envy of seeds for the turn around last month? And did any one hear from Shannon I hope she is OK. I'm getting ready to send out her seeds. Patty

• rudybacon
    17 years ago

Patty, I am so sorry I forgot to tell you that I did get your seeds. Thank you so much. I couldn't believe all the seeds you sent. I think my computer was already going out when I got the seeds because everytime I would get online it would crash and by the time I got it going again it had slipped my mind that I hadn't written.

My gradson is home from the hospital doing better. They are trying to let him heal a little before they decide to do more surgery. He is mostly bedridden, only getting up for short times with a back brace and a walker. His appetite is coming back, (he lost 30 lbs in two weeks) so maybe he won't be a scarecrow for long. All in all we are very encouraged by his progress. Thank you for asking after him.

Kathy

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Hi All!! Has anyone heard from 'kellyinflorida'?? She hasn't posted for a while--and did not answer my post asking if she had recieved her card and seeds??? Just wondering??
    Hope you all have a terrific day!!
    Jeanette

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Jeanette, I understand Kelly's Grandmother has been quite Ill.. Hope things are going better for her soon.
    I'm concerned about Garden Witch, Shannon too. I sent her a message but so far no reply.
    Has anyone heard from either of these ladies?
    How about Doris? Is she still doing rehab?
    If you are watching the national news or weather The flooding seems to be all around me but so far, not right here where I am. My pond is at it's lowest level in about 4 years according to the lady next door. I'd take a couple inches of rain but not the floods happening just north of here.
    Bonnie, Garden Watch, are you getting flooding?

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Thanks,Beth for letting me know about Kelly's Grandmother- she has more important things than me to think about! I have not heard anything about the other ladies tho--
    How did 'curly' make the trip --and does he like his new home?? Mine is growing like crazy--I love it!! Though my 'bunnytails' is not growing at all--cute but small!
    Glad to hear you are staying above water--it's pretty dry here--grass hasn't grown much and is turning brown in spots--kind of early for that!! Hope that doesn't mean an early winter!?
    Better get back to work--can you send me a copy of our picture when you have time? I'd love to have one!
    ttysoon
    Jeanette

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

My pal dosen't love me anymore, no june seeds. sad carol:(

• mellen
    17 years ago

Beth hasn't received her seeds yet either. They are going out in today's mail!!! Mellen

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Hey Carol,
    No seeds for me yet either, but we still have a few days left in the month, right?

I know how it can be though, sometimes the summer months just whiz by and then ... wow, it is the 4th of July! :o)

sharon/tma

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

No seeds here either :-( (in 2 months). No-one has posted that they have received theirs from me either. Makes me worry a bit. Hope all is well.

Tina

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

OK Ladies, Cassie should be sending to Carol
    Shannon should be sending to Tina
    Jan should be sending to Sharon.
    Cassie I have not heard from or Shannon either. I have tried to contact Shannon. Will send Cassie a note.
    Jan I know has had some computer problens and gotten behind. I'll send her a note too.
    Anyone else have a partner Missing in Action???
    Please post here as I can read these at work even if I am away from my home computer.
    Thanks Beth

• pattygrow5
    17 years ago

Beth I haven't sent Shannons yet would you like me to send to Tina instead? Patty

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Patty. that would be nice. I don't think Shannon would mind. If we hear from her I have seeds I can send.
    Do you have the address?

• atravers
    17 years ago

Hi Beth.
    I haven't received seeds yet this month from Bonnie (gardnwatch). No problem though. She's already sent me really nice seeds each month prior to last month's turn-around trade.

I also have many, many nice seeds I can send along to others if you need some help. Just let me know.
    Thanks.
    Ann (atravers)

• pattygrow5
    17 years ago

I,m sure I do somewhere I think we have traded before but it sure would be easier if you e-mailed it to me Thanks Beth. Patty

• cassiet
    17 years ago

Hi I didn't forget ya Carol. It's your birthday next month just 4 days after mine and I had ordered something special for you as a surprise to send with this package... supposed to be delivered on 06/28.... STILL not here. I went ahead and sent your seeds on the 28th after the mail ran so it's on the way... however when you this finally arrives.. and you just receive something from me next month after this... it's your BIRTHDAY surprise and not the reg. seeds.

Cassie

• gardnwatch
    17 years ago

Beth...
    Ann...
    I am here......sorry for the vanishing act.
    Storms with torrential rainfall, summer, health issues...
    I will try very hard to get your seeds to you, Ann within the next few days.
    Tomorrow is a holiday..so I can work on my projects.
    I am sending June and July seeds together.
    Hopefully some of them will be from my garden.....
    Happy 4th.......
    Bonnie