SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

NEW: Odd, Odder, Oddest - The Incredible Edibles

sandlapper_rose
16 years ago

New April Swap for The Incredible Edibles -

The Odd, the Odder, and the Oddest

This group is to share veggies, fruits, and herbs. You can send seeds, plants, or a combination of them depending on your "zone." Odd plants will qualify based on their taste, how they look, their coloring, their name, their size, and whatever else might make them odd. (How about blue potatoes, white eggplants, black radishes - mini and huge versions of different fruits and vegetables - and multicolored things like striped tomatoes?) What a lot of fun! Send at least one "oddity" but you can include some normal edibles in your swap as well.

Please only sign up if you plan to follow through and send a box or packet that will please the recipient. If you do not follow through, you will not be allowed to participate in this group for 6 months. After that, you will only be allowed to participate with a sponsor. This is for the protection of all members. You do not need to participate every month.

Things you send should be appropriate for the recipient's planting zone. If you are sending seeds, they should be no older than 2007. Any questions about group rules or membership, please contact susandonb.

If you can't help browsing online or in catalogs (me! me!) and you want to order some seeds specifically for this swap, it is perfectly acceptable to keep one-half of the packet of seeds for yourself and to mail the rest of the packet. However, be certain to send the packet that the seeds came in or some other very specific instructions with the plant name, characteristics and growing instructions - same applies if you are sending seeds that you saved.. Some of us may be growing things we have never grown before!

Mail out by April 18.

When you sign up for the swap, you may list anything that you would especially like to receive but understand that you may not get that. For example, I am interested in getting some miniature versions of vegetables or fruit - especially those that can be grown in a pot and things that can deal with the hot summer temperatures that we have in SC. (...and as you can guess since I thought of this swap theme - I don't mind trying a few odd things!)

So, now who wants to join in this month? The Incredible Edibles group is hot off the press -- this will be only the SECOND monthly swap for the group!

Comments (67)