SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonechickchris

NEW: Incredible Edibles Economic Seed Stimulus (side) Swap!

bonechickchris
15 years ago

Hi everyone!

This is a side swap of the Incredible Edibles Group!

I know everyone has been affected in some way due to the status of today's economy.

More and more people are growing their own food due to the increasing prices at the supermarket. And seed companies have been raising their prices of their seeds.

Now is a busy time for planting seeds for everyone, so we thought it would be a great time to do this side swap of The Incredible Edibles!

In this swap, their will be no need to buy or purchase seeds. We will all swap seeds that are already in our seed boxes. I know a lot of you have bought seeds already for planting, and probably have left overs that you do not need. Or you have seeds of something that you planted and were not fond of, etc etc etc.

This is a great way to get some new seeds without having to spend any money at all to get them!!!! That is pretty cool!

Now is a great time to do such a swap because it is a very active time for sowing. Plus, lots of people have bought seeds for the spring, and have pretty full seed boxes.

Obviously each variety of seed you send your partner does not have to equal to a full, new pack of seeds. However, do give your partner enough seed to allow them a good try out for that variety.

Number of packs can vary here. Please atleast swap with your partner 7-8 different varieties to try out. Since this is a swap for partial packs, it would be very easy to increase this number. So feel free to exchange more packs. Actually, it will be up to you and your partner to figure out how many packs that you would like to share with each other.

If you would like I can do this also:

If you are someone with a lot of seeds to trade, I can partner you up with someone the same.

If you are someone who is only interested in swapping a small amount of seeds, I can try to partner you with someone else who also only wants to trade a small amount.

Also, feel free to post your want list. And I can try to partner up people we others who have what they are looking for.

Sign ups will be until April 14th, and then I will list partners. If sign ups seem to really slow down before then, I may post partners a few days earlier with everyone's approval.

Please have your seeds mailed to your partner by April 24th. Since you do not need time to wait for seed orders and such, please feel free send seeds sooner.

So lets get this Economic Seed Stimulus Package started!

Comments (80)