SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cannahavana

3800 send a daylily get a daylily 3800

cannahavana
19 years ago

Hi Good morning all. This round robin is an extention of the wonderful traders who when at all possible trade daylilies. We are waiting again for spring so we can trade. We have the most awesome group of traders, proven, experienced, honest, givng, sharing and awesome loving people. The way into this group is to have traded and proven yourself honest. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recomendation.We'd love to have you!

We are currently doing a box swap which consists of lots of goodies... but no live daylilys!

YETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

NOW...WHERE THE HOOTIE IS G???????????

~Canna

Comments (100)

• jaceysgranny
    19 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Canna, sorry to hear you're sick! Get better really soon cuz we don't have extra lungs and can't grow them for you.

Shirley your stockings are really nice. I'll bet all who get them love them.

Happy Valentine's everyone!

brittneysgran, I'd love some of your yellow and dark pink hibiscus and the datura seeds. What are you looking for in trade?

Nancy

• gloriab3
    19 years ago

Happy pig.... you are so cute! Yes, HIDE from Family!! HIDE HIDE//// those things are NOT for regular people.... I am serious when I tell you this.... I NEVER eat a whole piece... I just take bites and then put back for the next day.... The wierd thing is because that stuff is soooooooooooooo good you only need one and thats enough~
    is that chocolate not the best girl?
    so how about naming your new baby godiva? grin....
    Canna so sorry to yiur youve been sick.... YOU NEED chocolate/// I feel off the wagon.. But I want to get back on it! did anyone see oprah today?
    Dawn and all.... those litt;le cute valentine decorations are so sweet.
    Did everyone get something from someone? please email me if you did not....
    Marea I still have your seeds... do you still love me?
    I got the oct. box.... oh, I told yah all that....
    is there a video game for texas hold em card game for playstation one? Does anyone know?
    Ill be shipping a email out to everyone soon... hummmm whats up they all wonder.....

Love you guys..... happy spring days not far away....yahoo!

• Related Discussions

3700 send a daylily get a daylily 3700

Q

Comments (100)
    Hi All, Worked in the greenhouse today. Had to spray everything. The aphids are getting bad. Ricky...I can tell you from personal experience it is very difficult to take in a teenager, especially one that the parents are having difficulty dealing with. I don't know that is the case here but I have taken in family members on several occassions and for me it didn't work out. I naively thought if I set ground rules, let them know they were loved, and tried to be involved in what they were doing, and consistent with praise and discipline, that everything would turn out okay. I'm sorry to say that wasn't what happened. But your circumstances may be different. I too praise your desire to help and hope that it does turn out great for your nephew. I ordered from Bluegrass again and they do have a 20% down layaway plan with the rest due in the spring before shippment. They charge $6.00 for the 1st 4 fans (2 DL's)and .25 for every fan after that for shipping. So if you're only planning on ordering 1 or 2 DL's it may not be worthwhile, but after I saw how many daylilies they had at 3.00 each, the shipping was not a problem. Let them know I referred you maybe I'll get a daylily as a bonus. I got a bonus last time I ordered from them, it was their 2004 intro. daylily "Galaxy Explosion". I don't know if they give bonuses with every order or only those over a certain amount. I'm also checking on the links everyone here is giving like Dune Lane and Bayberry Row. Can you tell....I got daylily fever really bad. Jean...is you epiphyllum rick rack? I had 3 different epiphyllum's until we ran out of kerosene in the heater in our greenhouse one night and they froze. If you've got enough can I have a start? I can trade for night blooming cereus (another epiphyllum) or Queens Tears Bromeliad. Both are houseplants here. I'll take photo's if you want. We may have to wait until another warm spell. Its supposed to get cold here again this weekend. I forgot who said they had seeds, I'll check again and e-mail. Anita, Do you have my new e-mail address: soper07@bellsouth.net? Dawn...great photos, I wish I looked like you, I never looked that good, even when I was your age. Thanks for telling bluegrass that I referred you. Happy belated BD. I better get back to checking for free garden plans on the web (Found several good one's). Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll post the links here. Debbie/budsnblooms
    ...See More

4100 send a daylily get a daylily 4100!!!

Q

Comments (100)
    Morning all, and HAPPY SPRING!!!!!! Yet another awesome weekend here in the TN valley with sun and mid-sixties! Y'all come down south and stay a spell, LOL! Loving the pics, keep them coming. I should have my secret pal's box ready to be shipped today! Also, those who are wanting Hellebore seedlings, I should have them dug and ready too. I'll give you a hint on who my secret pal is...s/he does NOT live in Tennessee :). Hi Cody! I am an orchid novice, so I am feeling out what grows best for me in my home conditions. I have had a phal and a dend/phal NOIDs for around 18 months and have been unable to get them to rebloom. I also have: Onc Dgmra. Winter Wonderland 'White Fairy' New ones on Friday: Ascda. Pralor 'Barbara Elmore' HCC/AOS that has red/orange bloom Epiden. 'Pixie Princess' H&R Epi. Veitchii Bulbophyllum pulchellum 'El' So, you see, I am kind of all over the place. The epi is in spike and I am excited!!! Jean, bird-bird looks great contrasting with your red walls! Beautiful bird! Dawn, you have a cutie baby bird too! I want a bird!!!! Trops, yes, I do have the plant that shoots seeds, Dorstenia. I do have Stuttgart, but I just got it last year, many thanks to both Marea and Susan for it! If it multiplies well, I would be happy to share. Thanks for the congrats on my weight loss. Add another pound to that! Or, should I say subtract another pound from me, LOL! I am eating normally now, just not sugar. I even bought a big bag of M&M's for my pal and it didn't call out my name. I have been eating Blue Bunny ice cream, the carb-free or sugar free varieties and I can't tell. I ate peanut brittle ice cream last night, YUM! OK, better get busy. I have a "Yeah, I'll get too it" list a mile long for today. I have been up for 4 hours already and have gotten zip done. Y'all have a wonderful day full of love, laughs, and sunshine! Life is good... ~ Canna
    ...See More

4500 Send a named daylily - get a named daylily

Q

Comments (100)
    Cody, Wanted to touch on the subject of trading...first so sorry to hear you got burned on the dahlia's as I have had the same problem this year. I made a trade for dahlia's for daylilies and the dahlias I got where dried up and still have not done anything. I am hoping they will but so far nothing. I am not good at growing dahlia's so it could be me. I have had some awesome trades this year. The worst one I have sent this year was to Joey as when I walked into the garden the morning I dug his things I almost broke my leg from the trench I steped into unknowningly. When I started moving the mulch back and digging every plant had been chewed up. It took less that 24 hours to hit several drug stores and buy all the caster oil I could get my hands on and I soaked the ground all over. Had some really pretty and shiny plants. Now back to what I was going to say. I sent several trades that where pretty big back in the fall and got tiny sickly plants in exchange. I swore I was not going to trade with anyone again...then spring fever hit and I made a trade that went beautifully so I did a few others. I have been super pleased but I have also been pretty careful as to who I trade with. I have met some great people and have gotten some plants that I can not find around here and the mail order thing has been very disappointing to me so I have taken some chances. I look at it like this...if you burn me once you will never get a second chance to do it again. As I said in the above post I got three boxes of plants in today and I could not be more pleased in the boxes I got. Carols was awesome, besides Carols I made a trade with a guy in NC for some sedums and a few other things, well here is what he sent me Sedum 'Carmen' x1 Sedum 'Neon' x2 *Caryopteris 'Worcester Gold' x1 *Physocarpus 'Diablo' - ninebark x1 Sedum 'Kamschaticum variegatum' x2 Centranthus Ruber 'Jupiter's Beard' x2 Stachys Byzantia 'Helen von Steine' x 2 The box weighed 14 pounds. I would have paid $200 at any nursery around here for the size plants he sent me. He even added a few extra things. I will be trading with him again. The Centranthus Ruber 'Jupiter's Beard' are both sitting in 5 gallon buckets...that is how big they are. The sedums have no growing room at all in the 3 gallon pots I put them in as a temp home till I get the new bed ready. It was completely unbelievable. The other trade I got was for an Orange Flowering Maple and a few Chinese Lanterns. The flowering maple was 3 feet tall and my daughter counted 63 flowers and buds on it and it was still in dirt and looked awesome. It has been a wonderful day in my Neiborhood. Ok It is 2am and I need to be in the garden at 6am so I wish everyone and great day with lots of blooms. Deni
    ...See More

4600 Send a named daylily - get a named daylily

Q

Comments (100)
    Now were did I leave off, I see I covered Nancy twice, Jo, Now sweet innocent Jo, DO YOU THINK I DID NOT LOOK AT THOSE WONDERFUL ROCKS YOU PAINTED & WONDERED WHY I DON'T HAVE 1- NOT 1, NOT EVEN A 1/2 OF 1. OK I am done yelling at you :) I feel better. I know I told you CONGRATULATIONS for your new venture, inspired by David's Daylilies over the phone, But thought I would tell you again, I cant wait. Oh I am so looking forward to May 14th, Hey how far away would that be for Mary B??? MARY B. PLANT SWAP!!!!!! I forgot were. Janet, I am glad to know all went well with your DD wisdom tooth removal, My DS has to have the same thing done, Now I'm not saying he is a baby, but at 21 he will not go do it unless I go with him:) Angie, Thanks for the heads up on the Co-op, but after what I have already spent this year on Daylilies, I better slow down a bit before DH is having me replaced, & He cant do that cuz I am so looking forward to our 25 wedding anniversary, He wonders why I am working so hard in my flower's, I think in 4 years I should have things just the way I want them, 7 Yep renew our vow's, right were over the last few years have watched as other people have gotten married. Gay, Hope you get your computer figured out, I know you will send one way or the other:) Mine ticked me off so bad earlier, I had almost everyone covered 7 for some unknown reason, BUMP Off Line I Go, Oh I hate that, Did you E-mail Susan? I think someone better if you didn't, it has been a LONG time. Cindy, I know I posted to you earlier, & as I was just coming back, I see Jo saying sorry to you, I too missed it, I am very sorry your Gramma passed away, Wish I could give you a big hug & help you weed to make you feel better:) Dianne, OK, now I know this pneumonia crap has messed with my head, but for the life of me I cant remember who is getting married at your house, Is this the first for you? I think it gets easier each time, We are thinking about renting out for wedding's, Wedding's only not party's. Oh man I will have to come back again another call I have to take, :)Anita
    ...See More
  • mareas
    19 years ago

It was SO MUCH FUN delivering flowers & balloons all day long! Love is in the air. It was also exhausting but I am still reluctant to go to bed...

Gloria - I am SO HAPPY that you had chocolate for Valentine's Day, too! (Of course I still love you - I've been planning on just sending you a SAS bubble envelope when it's time to plant. *grin*) and I'm happy knowing there is a Godiva chocolate covered happy pig somewhere in the Midwest and that Joey and Ricky have so many people that love them and that Mary finally got to garden a bit again but I'm really sad that our Canna apparently needs a few hot summer days immediately & we can't help...

Anita - I adore that candy eating gif! Thank you!

Shirley - Your sock photo is a red x for me, darn it. I would love to trade for some of your Jap. Iris (guess I need a couple of those, too)and canna seeds - check my trade list? If you'd rather have daylilies, please email me for list?

Hope you all got chocolate and kisses today ~ Marea
    {{gwi:1249317}}

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

marea how did you get my picture!?!?!?
    that is too funny
    I only get a red x also, but it sounds like they are pretty stockings
    supposed to be in the 60's here today! I will have to go for a walk at lunch time and see what I can find popping their little green heads out of the ground.

Have a great day after
    MELISSA

• Joeypack
    19 years ago

Good morning everyone! Going to be 79 wonderful degrees here today! Can you believe it? Gosh! I am clearing out my flower beds of leaves this week, so I can prepare a nice layer of compost on top. Just wanted to check in and make sure everyone is okay. Take care! Joey

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Morning all!

Joey, ditto the warm weather today. It is suppose to be 68° and SUNNY! After the rain ended yesterday, I got out and dug in the mud searching for life. I checked most of my gingers, and they look good. The only one I am worried about is my butterfly ginger. I grew it from seed last year and multiplied well, but I don't think I had the rhizome deep enough to survive the winter. Looks like we had another mild winter here. All the bulbs are pushing up and about to bloom.

G, perfect timing on the chocolate. I have eaten godiva and it is heavenly! We have a store here and I walk in and just smell and I am satisfied.

I am feeling better today. Just have that nagging nasty cough left over. I think I will venture to Big Lots and see if the gardening stuff is out yet.

~ Canna

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Hope no one is having any withdrawal from all the chocolate. I am WS today, it is supposed to be 50 here. I have daffs and crocus and a few daylilies peeking their little noses up.what fun.
    I didn't get chocolate for valentines day, I got SEEDS. My DH asked me what I would like, and I said SEEDS. So, thats what I got, and I can get more today. We have several places that carry some unusual ones, and I go every year. So, I am very happy.

Speaking of seeds, Shirley,
    I would love some of each of your Jap. iris and some cannas.Check my list and see if I have anything you might like.

I have been hanging out on the seed forum and I have set up quite a few wonderful trades. Whoo hoo.

Dawn,
    if I get enough of some of them, I think you might be interested. I will let you know. And a big THANK YOU.

Take care, I am off to WS.........

Jo

• mary_s
    19 years ago

Good Morning Daylily friends! Hope everyone had a great Valentine's day. It is a great day at school....everyone getting flowers, candy, cards etc delivered, the kids on sugar highs, generally everyone is in a good mood! Too bad it only comes once a year!
    Yesterday was beautiful with temps up to 50! I went out to the garden and looked around. A few daylilies greening up under the mulch. WOW! Those must be the evergreens! Pandora's Box was the one I remember. It is way too early here in zone 4...throw the mulch back over those babies!Also some sedum poking through. I have spring fever BAD! I just ordered a few more Daylilies from Bluegrass that someone here suggested....Naughty me! This Daylily addiction is seriously going to cut into my hosta habit for financial reasons!!!!
    Joey...I have daylily babies from your seeds from the Oct. box. They are sooo cute!!!!
    Shirley, I might be interested in some Hybiscus, datura or canna seeds. Have never grown any of those. What would you like in trade...hosta, daylily in the spring??
    MaryS

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

Canna - Send me your address and I will send you the tropical sunrise canna seeds. I love growing cannas from seeds. When you get your afgan done please post a picture. I am now into crocheting scarves, it does not take to long to do a scarf. My daughter and granddaughter both have orders in for the scarves.

Nancy - Send me your address and I will send you the yellow and dark pink hibiscus, and datura seeds.

Marea - Do you want the Japanese iris seeds or some plants?
    I found some things from your list that I would love to have if you want the plants. I also have lots of crocosmia to trade. Hummingbirds love them too. I have some iris too.
    I found these from your list:
    Iris Tennyson and Sweeter Than Wine
    Cannas Lucifer, Journey's End, & Autumn Dragon
    I have bought canna lucifer 4 times and it is never the one that looks like yours.
    I have lots of canna bulbs also.

Shirley

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Will do, Shirley! Is there anything on my list you might be interested in? I am going to 'attempt' to cross some of my cannas this year. Please post a pic of your scarves too. I love all the new fuzzy stuff to crochet with that is out now and the chenille too. They would make great baby blankets to give.

OK, went to Big Lots...bad for the wallet... The gardening supplies are out! I went in with a set amount to spend and ended up quadrupeling it. I found some 4 inch southwestern stone pots with rustic looking rings on the side that I have been looking forever to plant some vining succulents. I bought 5. They had tons of adorable bird feeders. I brought home a terracotta feeder that has a birdbath on top. I hung it out and came back in the house, looked outside and a chickadee was already using it. I also got a blue glazed strawberry pot to put more succulents in. They had a 5 foot A frame wood plant stand on display but I couldn't find it on the shelf or I would have dragged one of them home too.

~Canna

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago

Hi everyone

Hope you all got something "sweet" yesterday.

I am just taking a quick break, it is GORGEOUS out today. Sunny and 60 degrees. WOOOOO HOOOOO!! I'm totally taking advantage and playing in the gardens.

Canna, I was at Big Lots this morning! My Valentines day gift from DH was $$$$$ for garden stuff. He hates shopping and knows I will be just as happy with cash. I think it's very romantic, lol! I did the same thing as you. I was only going to spend so much, but came out with a truckload. All kinds of fun stuff. I'll take some pics later. Glad you are feeling better.

Jo, that's very sweet of you. Thanks!

Joey, 79!!!!! I'd be breaking out the bikini if it was that warm here. Enjoy the day.

Marea, sounds like you had fun yesterday. I would love to do that. How did you get involved?

MamaG, MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm Godiva. Thanks for the beautiful email. I will definately be forwarding that one.

Shirley, I can't see your pic!!

Mary, I just told DH this morning during our walk, "I've got Spring fever!" He told me to settle down and laughed. I'm running around like I just ate 10 candy bars. Amazing what a little sun and warm weather will do to you.

Hi Jaye! Hope all is well with you.

Melissa, how are you feeling? Enjoy the warmth!

Susan, hope you and Dan had a wonderful Valentine's day.

To all the rest of you, have a great day and hope you are smiling as big as I am!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

Dawn,
    The picture is the strangest thing. I can see it on my computer at home but cannot on the computer at work???
    I just have got into posting pictures so I don't know alot about it.
    Shirley

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

now we all know why dawn runs...its for the bikini!
    i am feeling ok but VERY tired, I could take a nap at 5:00 but kids gotta eat. I have been in bed by 9:00 since I went back to work!

It's so nice we are going for a walk before it gets dark

MELISSA

• gloriab3
    19 years ago

I was gonna write but after reading these posts I am on my way bigtime to big lots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love g

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

Jo - I have some Jap. Iris, cannas, purple majesty millet, hollyhock 'the watchman' almost black, and crocosmia 'emily mckensie' seeds. Send me your address and I will mail these to you.

marys - you will love growing cannas from seeds, they are so easy. Take a file and file on the seed (which is very hard)until you see white then drop the seed in water. When it sprouts plant it. LMK which canna seeds you want and send me your address. I will also send the datura and hibiscus.

I found these seeds also:
    purple leaf perilla shiso
    purple majesty millet
    hollyhock 'the watchman'
    canna perkeo
    canna northstar
    malcolm red
    jap. iris 'darling' Pink and very pretty

• jaceysgranny
    19 years ago

Ahhh!! 79 in Little Rock today and sunny. I had an hour off for lunch and grabbed a quick bite with co-workers then we hung out on the streets of downtown L.R. The wind was blowing but it was wonderful. Tomorrow was supposed to be back in the 40's but I just looked at the forcast and they've changed it to 54 and 33 for a low. I would have loved to be free to play all day today.

Shirley, I sent you an email, thanks.

Nancy

• mareas
    19 years ago

Hi all - I am going to Big Lots tomorrow, too! WOW, you guys! I did find a pretty faux antique 2 level iron plant stand at Wally world a couple weeks ago for $10 - go look you guys, I think they're a bargain, too. It'll be fun to hear what Gloria finds on her adventure tonight!

Shirley - Wonderful! I'd love a couple of your J.Iris and crocosmia plants. And oooh - a couple purple leaf perilla seeds? I will plan on sending you both of the irises, but it may take me awhile to find all 3 of the cannas - my freak cat Bowie steals all my plant labels eventually, but I've learned to also bury labels... Can you plant now? My pretty bright red/yellow "Lucy" canna was a Van Bourg.(sp?) import pkg.

Dawn - I answered a "Help Wanted" ad in the paper to deliver flowers, and learned that Valentine's Day is the busiest day of the year for florists and they always need extra people to deliver (usually as independent contractors) on that day and on Mother's Day. Requirements are proof of insurance & a vehicle that will fit lots of bouquets. I'll let you know how much it pays when I get my paycheck - I never asked about that. LOL!
    ~ Marea

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,
    For anyone that may have been confused or thinking I am a sicko, Dicks is a sporting goods store that DH gets all of his gun's, bow's & junk from & after 21 years I have learned it is much easier to get him a gift card, rather than listen to him be a 2 year old about what I buy him, So with that clarified,
    This is the list I have so far for IN'S-

1-Gloria
    2-CODY
    3-ELLEN
    4-JANETLEE
    5-MAREA
    6-DAWN
    7-JEAN
    8-MARY S
    9-SHARON
    10-DEBBIE
    11-DIANNE-IN BUT OUT OF TRADING FOR NOW
    12-RM
    13-SHIRLEY
    14-CATHY
    15-JAYE
    16-MELISSA
    17-Joey
    18-Jo
    19-Rebecca
    20-Mary B
    21-Nancy
    22-Gay
    23-Anita
    24-Angie
    25-Susan
    26-Cindy O-IN BUT OUT OF TRADING FOR NOW

Mary B,
    YOU ARE THE BEST, What a wonderful box, I know I am going to forget something, it was packed full, DH was having a hard time believing it was from one of my GW bud's, Mary sent me 2 note pads, a cool pen, a hanging heart thing, I hope I can put outside, The best garden T-shirt I have ever seen & not 1 but 2 things of chocolate, Thank you so much,
    Please let me know when you get mine,

Angie,
    Please let me know if you still need the 2 addy's? I deleted the old list, but I can send them 2 if you still need them,

Rebecca,
    I hope you are feeling better:)

Jean,
    WOW, what a beauty!!!!!

Dawn,
    Would be a long trip, just to baby-sit, In my eye's well worth it though!!! But I am 1st on the list of baby-sitter's, so get in line. Your sister has done some very nice art work for you,

Marea,
    My violas from you, The snow just melted off of them yesterday, now we have 2-4" coming tonight, YUCK!!! I am so over winter. I will see Baby D today & give him a kiss from you:) I hope they pay you well for your delivery's on V-day:)

Nancy,
    Imagine the help I could get in my flower bed's if you moved in??? Sounds like a plan, Sorry but I cant stop, he is just growing so fast & I want to share that with you all:)

Shirley,
    My sister keeps telling me the same thing, Hers give her a run for her money, I got baby d some gardening tool's & a Pooh lamp for his shower & I put a note on the tools that read, The day will come, that you will be my little garden buddy!
    Now I see that day wont be long, I really had forgotten how fast they grow, I keep telling the kids CHERISH every minute!
    I love your Christmas stocking's, The other day I only seen a red X, but today I see a burgundy one & a blue one? Very nice, You do have some seed I would love if they are still available, I will E-mail you. I am also very much interested in some of the red iris I seen on your page you sent me, It is not a bearded iris, I will have to look again, I just LOVE it,

Off to build a fire,& watch HGTV, 55 yesterday now back to 30 brrrrrrr, have a great day all :)Anita

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I had big smiles here too. While DD napped, I went outside for about 2 hours and inspected every plant for life. Stuff is popping up everywhere. The virginia bluebells are emerging and even the hostas are showing their nubbies! I was so excited and when Doug came home, he just took the wind out of my sails. All he could say is that all the early growth will get burnt from a late freeze. Bah humbug! Then he asked if I bought out Big Lots, LOL! You know, you gotta buy it when you see it. Otherwise, it may not be there when you go back!

G, what did ya buy?

Marea, delivering flowers on V-day must have been awesome! I would probably do it for free just to see people smile. I haven't had delivered flowers since 1992, LOL! And, this body hasn't seen a bikini since then either!

Anita (sicko :), have you heard from Susan?

Oh, on Shirley's pic not showing up for some, may be a browser thing. Some browsers have an option to block pictures from certain sites (ie. webshots) and you may have inadvertenly blocked them. I use Mozilla browser and I can right click and block images if I want. I can also block certain ads (ie. ivillage) from showing up on Gardenweb at the side and top along with popups. I do subscribe to GW and they go away on their own, but Doug does not subscribe and he gets the ads and popups. So, they are blocked for him.

Ya'll have a great day!

~ Canna

• Joeypack
    19 years ago

Good morning everyone. Had a wonderful day yesterday! Walked and worked out! YEAH. My little nephew is doing great so far! Crossing those fingers for me? PLEASE!
    Anita, have not forgot about you and the lycoris! I will send you a bunch when I can afford to send them next week. They weigh so much! I cannot believe how much money a teenager costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Canna- I am planting my canan seeds today! My nephew is actually going to do it. He is in awe of our gardens and wants his own, so why not feed into his gardening bug a little? LOl I hope and pray he loves it!! I figured I would I would take him to Lowes and let him buy whatever he wants to try! then he can obsess like I do! LOL
    Someone call Susan! I am worried! Joey

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago

MamaG.....are you back from Big Lot's yet??? Did you have to rent a U-Haul?

Here are a few of the things I picked up there:

These are so pretty in person. I guess they are a glazed ceramic. Very heavy and very breakable. Not sure where they will go, but I think they will add a nice touch in the right garden.

Okay, here's my cool totem. The cashier said it was the only one they got in and wouldn't get any more. It is resin (I think) and pretty heavy. I am going to do a Tropical garden this year and it will fit nicely in there.

And of course I pick up anything that is a bird. I really loved this peacock. It's not "cheap" looking and it's also pretty heavy.

They also had a pretty big peacock sitting on top of a column. I loved it, but it was $39.99. I talked myself out of getting it.

It seemed like they had much more "garden stuff" last year. Maybe they are just slow getting it out. What I'm really waiting for is Target to put out their gardening-related items. I always find really nice stuff there.

Melissa, hope you enjoyed your walk. It was soooo nice out. I worked in the pond, but decided not to put the bikini on, lol. I didn't want to scare anyone.

Marea, I'd love to try that. It would be so cool to see their faces when they open the door.
    I was at Wally World yesterday, but didn't see the plant stands. Actually, they didn't have much at all. I was surprised. And all their live plants looked horrible. Looked like they needed a BIG drink.
    Did you go to Big Lots?

Anita, don't worry, I didn't think you were a sicko. Very funny, though! My sister works at a Dick's Distribution center about 2 miles from my house. She is a manager on one of the dock's. She gets a pretty good discount. Let me know if there's ever anything in particular you (I mean your DH) is looking for. I think she gets 35 or 40% off. For some reason, nobody wants to call me back about the E.O.D.'s. I'll pester them again tomorrow.

Canna, I was out "plant inspecting" again today. More Crocus starting to pop up, but I think I'm still a long way from seeing any Hosta nubbies. I'm jealous. DH's uncle just came back from vacationing in Hawaii and he brought me a really cool, cobalt blue "tear-drop spinny thing". I couldn't believe he remembered I collected cobalt colored glass.

Joey, glad everything is going well with nephew. With you as an inspiration, he'll have green thumbs in no time.

Well, I better go do something. I'll leave you with this picture of baby Rudy, my youngest sister's new puppy. He's 2 mos. old. We love him!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

Dawn I'll take the peacock and baby Rudy (what a little cutie he is). I love the peacock. The closest Big Lots to me is 45 minutes away. i will have to visit there this week-end.

Shirley

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

I heard from susan...she is FINE just very busy. She said she would check in soon

I think I will have to make a big lots run this weekend if it isn't snowing :( kids are going camping at valley forge, it snows every time they go! but they love it

joey i am glad to hear things are going well. yes, they are very expensive! It's cheaper to have a lily obsession, and prettier most of the time too

MELISSA

• gaygay
    19 years ago

Ok .im back,i sold all of my flowers,now i want my own florist shop!MAREAS,WISH U COULD HAVE HELPED ME TOO!IT WAS FUN TOO DELIVER FLOWERS!im getting back to the bargin daylilies,will get them out soon !!gay

• catbirdsue
    19 years ago

Hello , Just wanted to take a few mins and check in. I am home again, for good with any luck. I had sugery on Jan 18th and have been so ill since then that I have had to be hospitiziled several times. This last time Valentines weekend I spent 3 days in the hosp. They think it was the flu. I dont know what is was. I was Miseriable thats for sure. Julie is doing well. She has been a little uneasy because of my illness. We have explained to that everythings all right and I will get better. I sure wish Spring would hurry up and get here I think that will be the best medicine. I am so happy for Susan! She and Dan have been so kind to my family. No one deserves happiness more!!! To every one else Thanks so much for all your kind words, pkgs and inspirational cards they are all truley appreciated. I will try to check in more often.

Cathy

• gloriab3
    19 years ago

oh what a great treat to hear from Cathy! And yes susan is alive and busy.... we will all love her away from her busy life.....

ok... BIG lots hasanged my living room...

honestly the one near to me is junky so I am going to a new one near atlanta soon//// but I found these iron trays on stands like tv tray looking.... so I am spraying them off white and accenting them with dabs of sponge paint undecided color tho.... they were only 29.99 for two... cvant buy new end tables for that. I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE them... and I said to my son.... they are terrific, add interest and variety to the living room... son said mot HAVE been watching to much HGTV! ITSSSSSSSS soooooooooooo true...... I am addicted to that show... I dont like normal... and when I see unnormal things they do that are BUTT UGLY then I KNOW I can pull my tatses off too!
    I spemt the night off at my sons last night and at 1 am I yelled danile I have figure out the accent color for my trays..... I yelled BURGENDYY PINK...... he says my living room walls look like pepto bismal..... we laughed so hard we both shook the house.... we were screaming laughing.... it was a moment!
    I did paint a mirro that was gold and beigh ..pink.... ill send a photo.. I love it.... most dont.. oh well... GOLD for me is very hard to work... tooooo mnay shades... YOU KNOW?

dawn I love the photos you share... yes, that peacock does nOT look cheap.. good girl!

Gay I am soooooooooooooooooooo jazzed you sold your flowers!!!!!!!!! GREAT idea girl..... nest year do it again and hire help to sub the corners for you.... youll make even more....
    mothers day... easter ideas?

ok dinner calls..... love g

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

mama g get ready...DS is coming to atlanta soon and I am sending him with your address! j/k but he will be there over easter break...gimme a heads up on the weather is it warmy there at easter?

i found a great site today while surfing for those of you with kids/grandkids and gardens. Tons of cool stuff in their monthly e-newsletter plus grants for starting gardens at school but the deadline is really close for this year. I am gonna pass it on for next year idea at school. If kids are gonna get dirty they might as well grow something!

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

HI Everyone,

G,and all, if you want some nice plant stands and other "garden" related STUFF, go to your nearest JoAnn Fabrics. Plant stands, windchimes, statuary, lawn stakes, you name it. I know, I work for one. Some of the items are very cute. Lots to choose from. Over the weekend, the statuary will be 40% off.Most things are 30% off right now.

Take care everyone,
    have a good night,
    Jo

• gloriab3
    19 years ago

oh my goodness..... more sales!!!!! This is sooooooo cool! Thanks for all the great info guys! I LOVE us!

Say girl.... why is your son coming to atlanta? let me know closer to the date and I will tell you the upcoming weather... too fun! is he flying in? How old..... how long here.. and any other info, questions you have and I will be more than ready to help you.... no kidding!
    I ordered my hubby t-vo? the thing that recordes and picks up the tv shows for you... I mean too cool.... I tell it I want FREINDS and it records all the friends tv shows it can find... thats for me! woops.. I mean hubby! now i will never miss any HGTV show again! yahoo!

Dawn... if I send you a photo of my icky yard can you design it for me? In your spare time? We are getting french doors to open up in the living room ( taking out a window) anf it will open up into the yard.... ( red clay) so I guess we will get very busy this year and hubby says he is excited and cant wait... works for me!
    I havent been to a joann fabrics in years..... garden stuff? I am trying to find one NOWWWWWWWW!
    Thanks again girls..... night... g

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

g: he is 16 flying in for First Robotics national championship at the georgia dome or whatever it is called now, its a school thing. He went last year too and decided he wants to live in the south because ya'll are "so nice" and "no body is in a hurry, fast food is slower than here" it's the little things I guess!

i 2nd jo joann fabrics has very nice garden stuff and when it's 40% off it's better!

anybody have a long weekend this weekend for presidents day? It's supposed to snow but I don't care, it's a day off!

off to the salt mine
    MELISSA

• gloriab3
    19 years ago

I have found

STARGAZER LILY BULBS

LARGE NICE ONES for 99 CENTS each....

if interested PLEASE email me......

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Morning all!

My son has a 4 day weekend from school. For some reason, they are off today too. I bought him a set of paint brushes yesterday, so we are going to do some projects today. I bought my DD a wooden step stool to help her use the big potty and will be painting that today. MaryS, I finally found a good hosta rock, so that will be next. Hopefully will get started on it next week :). I had to put the Afgan on hold until I can find more dark purple yarn to match. Be my luck I won't find it again!

I haven't been to JoAnn's in forever. It is in a very heavy traffic area that I normally don't go near. Since A.C. Moore opened up, I have been going there for crafting supplies. Michaels is way on the other side of town.

Joey, I haven't started any canna seed, yet. They grow so fast that I think I will wait another month before starting. I have set up lights and have started some palm seeds, cactus seeds (for DS), an avocado seed (for DD), Lotus from Susan :), and some Venus Fly Traps. I have my winter sowing done last month. I am more selective this year and cut it down to half of what I did last year.

I just got a walking iris in trade. Does anyone grow them?

Off to the grocery store!

~Canna

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

Hello to everyone - it is a cold day here in Franklin, but it's Friday. Hip Hip Hooray

Nancy - your seeds are on the way. Hope they do great for you.

Jo - Your seeds are on the way also. That envelope is packed full. GET READY

Canna - I did not get an address as of yet to send your tropical sunrise canna seeds. I looked at your list and would love daylilies awesome blossom and blueberry sundae when they get ready to divide. I have these from your want list: eucomis 'sparkling burgundy, canna apricot dream, daylilies canadian border patrol, karen sue, and mauna loa.
    If you are still looking for these plants I do have them. I was in Atlanta and kept seeing the eucomis in people's yards and wanted a start of it so bad. I went to a nursery down there and found it.
    I love the fuzzy yarns out now too. Michaels had a good sale on yarn a week ago. I bought up some cool yarn.

Anita - The tool gift for baby d is a great idea. I will have to remember that gift for showers. LMK on the seeds you want. The red iris you liked could have been Louisiana iris 'Rhett' it is beautiful. Look it up and LMK.

MaryS - LMK on the seeds. I want to trade plants for some of your hostas.

Marea - LMK which Japanese iris you want. I could not find a picture of canna 'lucy'. Is it a dwarf? I love the dwarf cannas. I have the crocosmia bulbs and purple leaf perilla seeds for you.

Gay - The checks in the mail. (Wow that sounds like what I say at work)LOL Thanks again for thinking about us.

I hope that's everybody that I needed to let know about trades and etc.

Shirley

• mareas
    19 years ago

Finally made it to BIG LOTS for the first time yesterday - they have some really classy small $6 trellises that would be fun for the pea crop.
    I think I saw those metal tray stands you bought, Gloria, very lacy & elegant looking. I wished I had room for them. I also found the iron plant holder I bought at Wally World for $10 for only $5, but not with the cool paint job I got. Ended up just buying a 59 cent trowel even though I spent ALOT of time gazing in the boxed chocolates isle (I realized I'd rather have more daylilies than candy - but I'll bet none of you are surprised to hear that...currently hoping to win more on the L.A.)

I was paid $8 an hour + gas reimbursement for delivering the flowers - I'm happy with that, and they've asked me back for Mother's Day.

Gay - I'm so happy to hear all your flowers sold!! I'm sure they were beautiful bouquets & can also imagine you'll do great on Mother's Day, too.

Melissa - How FUN for your DS! I'd love to see the Robotics championships myself - really fascinating to me. His charming description of the South reminds me of my opinion of Texas formed from a night spent in Amarillo: A very polite culture, the men all dipping their hats and saying "Evenin', Ma'am!"...

Out to my sedum & semp farming ~ Marea

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Well, darn, Shirley I sent my addy to ya Tuesday. I shall try again. Both of those Daylilies you want are brand new and only single fans right now :(. I'm so sorry! I will find something super for you! I do have Nell Dean, Beautiful Edgings and Midnight Magic from your want list. Will work something out soon.

Found my purple yarn!

Off to paint...
    ~ Canna

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

canna honey you don't paint with yarn...you paint with brushes!

marea they do a live webcast from the finals, I will let you know as soon as I get the details. I watched last year at work and it was kinda interesting, didn't see DS in the 8000 colorfully dressed kids but he was there and he was amazed that when he called to tell me stuff I told him I had seen it.....technology...go figure

2 days without a smoke!!! and off to get some gum

MELISSA

• gloriab3
    19 years ago

OH MY GOSH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NOW mellissa that was funny!
    she got yah canna HONEY! wayyyyyyyyy too funny!
    keep off them cigs girl!

Canna you want to still do this when we get to 100...... I am having trouble keeping something straight in my emails... give me some more time ok? Id really appreciate it!

Am working on daylily money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin....

Has everyone heard about these beautiful BIG stragazer lily bulbs????????? ok ok... toooooooooooooooo fun! I took the day off from work today...man it feels GOOD!

• ellenh
    19 years ago

Hello everyone

Sorry I've been so quiet. I'm late in sending out my Jan/Feb box and have been embarrassed that I'm so late. Between illness (kids, mine & DH's) and interviews, I've felt yucky and busy at the same time. I haven't had much time for stores. I know I missed a few birthdays, sorry about that. My brain still is a little muddled and I can't remember more than Ricky - Happy Bday Ricky! I'll get my box out today or Monday - I promise Cathy.

Ellen

• mary_s
    19 years ago

Good morning everyone! Where is everyone?...no posts since last night! Guess it IS my turn to post!

Melissa...way to go girl...keep it up!

Shirley: I emailed you about the seeds and I would love to trade hostas in the spring! If you did not get it LMK and I can try it again!

Canna...I am excited about the hosta rock. Have you started on your new shade bed yet? I have lots of hostas to send to get you started!

Wish there was a Big Lots around here! I have Dollar General and they had some real cute mini shepherd hook garden signs for $1. I bought 2 and went back for more the next day! Nothing much out here yet in the way of gardening stuff...just a few seeds and potting soil! Can't you tell I am ready for spring!

I ordered some more daylilies and (finally)hostas! I am wondering where I will put it all when it comes about May 1!!!!I am running out of shade! I have room for more daylilies in the sun!

I have a question...What do you do with paper-whites-(narcissus) after they bloom. Do you cut them back? Can they go outside?(later)or are they done for and just throw them out? I got them for Christmas and would like to keep them. Dirtpig (my zone 4 buddy)??? Canna ? Anyone?

Happy Saturday!MaryS

• becdav
    19 years ago

Hi all!
    I'm afraid I've been missing out on everything! I'm still going to school and just got a new job finally! Was able to help my "idiot-ex" to save the house--long story, dumb man. ;) Anyway, what's new that I need to know? Trying to catch up on the posts, but so little time! Have the daylilies we ordered arrived?
    We've also got a new dog to deal with--he sort of adopted up after his family moved into town. He's a nice little Australian (sp?) Shephard that was always over playing with our dog Trailor. Apparently he doesn't like it in town in a tiny little yard so I guess he'll be with us now. His name's Petie. I'll try to get a pic of him and Trailor.
    Love my new job, but so far not enough money! I'm going to make them see that I'm worth a whole lot more!! Wish me luck!
    Later--
    Becky

• gloriab3
    19 years ago

Mary.. I love paperwhites! this is what you do..... dig them up... send to me! seriously .... are they inside? But ofcourse? if you growm them in dirt they are ok.... just let the green stems grow untill they die back..... if you grow them in rocks then i throw those away.... just on words tho.. thats what I was told....

whichever mary sent me the flower, amarillis, it is in full bloom NOW and it is the most awesome one I ghave ever seen... I have a bulb that was ( hold yer heart) thirty seven dollars.... the one sent is way prettier!
    Does anyone want te seeds from the 37.00 one? the seed pod is drying up now and ill be glad to share.... dont want to start an addiction to those too.... just let me know...
    oh Gosh Marea if its you Ill die laughing! grin... dont give up girl... it will be worth the wait.... I promise before spring arrives,,, grin!

Canna are you taking this again.. please .. gonna shoot yah out a email now.... xoxox g

• mareas
    19 years ago

I got my huge box from the best rm in the world this morning, here's a photo of some of my goodies:
    {{gwi:1249303}}

Gloria - I have all the time in the world, don't you fret about sending me stuff!! Just post a photo of your pepto bismol room with new tray/tables and I'll forgive you everything...

Mary - What I've read about bulbs is that growing in just water they don't build up enough reserve to successfully regrow, but growing out of ordinary season doesn't harm them as long as they get to finish the year normally...

Becky - I KNEW you would save his farm! *grin* I'd love to hear the story sometime. And, of course, your new job will soon see how valuable you are!

Off to eat a huge chocolate kiss on the sedum "plantation" ~ Marea

• jaceysgranny
    19 years ago

Canna, I got some walking iris in a trade summer before last, kept them in the pot the first year, nothing happened so this past spring I planted them outside and they multiplies but didn't bloom. I brought them in in pots for the winter and they each have several buds on them right now. I'm not even sure what color they are. The trader said she dug them from different areas to try to get different colors so I can't wait to see them bloom. Mine are in a rather dark spot and budded out while there. They're supposed to do ok in sun or light shade. I'll let you know if they bloom.

Nancy

• mary_s
    19 years ago

Thanks for your advice everyone on the paperwhites. (Smiling at Glorias first advice)!I may try to plant them outside and see what happens in 2006. Mine are planted in a pot in some sort of potting soil. Till it warms up I will keep them in a sunny window. It is worth a try anyhow. I was not sure if they were winter hardy. Guess I will see!

Marea, Looks like it was worth the wait! Great box from RM
    You sent me the sedums in the Nov. exchange, right? They are in pots outside and still seem to be alive on my back steps! They must be tough little buggers!

It was cold, dreary and snowy all day today. Think I will curl up with all the garden catalogues tonight and "dream"about spring!

One more (dumb) question...I started daylily seeds in January and they are growing like gangbusters. Some are about 4-6 inches tall. Will they slow down? Is there anything I can do. I have a good 2 months till they can go outside. My family room is turning into a greenhouse!I have them under lights about 15-16 hrs. No, Mama G....I can't send them all to you.... it is freezing out!MaryS

• gloriab3
    19 years ago

ok Marea your on...... gonna go take photo now..... am working tho.. so... have to hurry! Id like to know some advise anyway....
    the fireplace to me is out of order.... no wrong word... not positioned correctly... tell me what I can/ should do....

I want some walking iris also... but I just want the lavender ones...

is there a thing as tall pholox.... and is it in bulb form and do you all grow it? PLEASE answer xoxxo g

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

G, Here is a pic of my pink tall phlox on the left.

{{gwi:1249326}}

I have both spring and summer. Let me know if ya want some!

MaryS, once your DL seedlings fill their pots, they will slow down. Here in zone 7, my inlaws are just now starting their seeds in their grow system in the garage.

Hi Becky and Ellen!

Dang, Melissa! I was trying a new painting technique with the yarn, LOL! My DS painted with spagetti in preschool. Don't ask me why, maybe pasta is cheaper than brushes.

My DD just pottied for the first time just a bit ago!!! YIPEE! Finally, after 2 weeks of trying.

Off to do...something!

~ Canna

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I take that back, the phlox are more on the lavendar side.

~Canna

• ellenh
    19 years ago

Canna,

Keep pushing her. I just got DD trained a month o so ago. Keep doing the happy dance everytime she goes potty! No diapers is great!

Ellen

• mary_s
    19 years ago

Canna: Just think of the money you will save to buy more plants:) Keep trying and praising her! At my house the girl was much easier than the boy, but maybe it had to do with their personality! DD loved the pretty "big girl panties". DS did not care!!!! He knew better, but he would go hide somewhere to do the "big job".
    Pretty Picture. Is that your shade garden spot? What is the big hosta behind the chair? MaryS

• TakingRoot
    19 years ago

GOOD MORNING ALL,

Ok I got the BigLots fever....found roses for 2 bucks each, got every color they had, some were climbing, and a bunch of other stuff I didn't need but just had to have.....(grin). Spent waaaay too much money between that and Wally World....seems that Wally World has stepped it up a bit as far as the variety of bulbs, etc. I got a few new Hosta's, DL's, Lily's, Dahlia's, Glad's, etc. Was able to get everything in the ground but the Glad's.... Going back today to finish blowing my budget.....

Been without water for the last 2 days (off, then on, then off)....pipes in the neighbors yard burst. With all that heavy equipment, the bulldozer's, etc., can't get in my own drive... they think they've fixed the problem, then they are right back out here again to realize....it's not fixed. Then they have to dig everything up again, so no water for hours, it's been going on for 2 days and they can't seem to get it right....they are out this morning, again! They have made a mess in the yard, it's raining and mudd everywhere....Well, off to make coffee before the water gets turned off again.

Everyone have a GREAT DAY!

Jaye