SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gloriab3

3700 send a daylily get a daylily 3700

gloriab3
19 years ago

Hi Good morning all. This round robin is an extention of the wonderful traders who when at all possible trade daylilies. We are waiting again for spring so we can trade. We have the most awesome group of traders, proven, experienced, honest, givng, sharing and awesome loving people. The way into this group is to have traded and proven yourself honest. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recomendation.We'd love to have you!

We are currently doing a box swap which consists of lots of goodies... but no live daylilys!

YETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

IM back,,,,, yahoo!!!!WAIT till dirtpig takes a photo of what I am sending her.... you all will love it!

I had a blast! will post in a bit. am working???? grin! xo g

Comments (100)

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

guesses:

Red Dawn and Bright Joe

we need more hints mama g

MELISSA

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

Hi All,

I guess everyone MUST be sick. No one is on here.

GET WELL WISHES TO EVERYONE WHO IS SICK. HOPE YOU ALL GET BETTER (((FAST))))

Take care,

Jo

• Related Discussions

3800 send a daylily get a daylily 3800

Q

Comments (100)
    GOOD MORNING ALL, Ok I got the BigLots fever....found roses for 2 bucks each, got every color they had, some were climbing, and a bunch of other stuff I didn't need but just had to have.....(grin). Spent waaaay too much money between that and Wally World....seems that Wally World has stepped it up a bit as far as the variety of bulbs, etc. I got a few new Hosta's, DL's, Lily's, Dahlia's, Glad's, etc. Was able to get everything in the ground but the Glad's.... Going back today to finish blowing my budget..... Been without water for the last 2 days (off, then on, then off)....pipes in the neighbors yard burst. With all that heavy equipment, the bulldozer's, etc., can't get in my own drive... they think they've fixed the problem, then they are right back out here again to realize....it's not fixed. Then they have to dig everything up again, so no water for hours, it's been going on for 2 days and they can't seem to get it right....they are out this morning, again! They have made a mess in the yard, it's raining and mudd everywhere....Well, off to make coffee before the water gets turned off again. Everyone have a GREAT DAY! Jaye
    ...See More

4200 get a named daylily, send a name daylily 4200

Q

Comments (100)
    Evening all! Just got back from baseball practice...DD is orange from head to toe from the clay. DS happy, he got to play second base. It was 84° today! Hello? Where did spring go? I will NOT complain. It is suppose to rain here for the next 3 days. My truck's air conditioner has leaked all of the coolant out so now I gotta get that fixed. We had awful storms here Sunday evening and into the night. I hate storms during the night. Glad ya'll liked my bunny family portrait. Anita, I wasn't 'wide open' this time, LOL! I took my Sago kitty back to the vet this morning for a check up. He is healing well. After the swelling went down, I saw puncture wounds on the back of his head, like the bottom teeth went inside the ear and the upper teeth got the top of his head. Whatever bit him had a big mouth. I got his shots updated today too. When I took him out of his carrier, I found that he had pooped all over himself, GAG! So, I had to clean him up the best I could before he could be examined. Then I had to hold him down with all my strength for the shots. I struggled to get him back in the carrier and turned around to talk to the vet, plus keep up with DD. The carrier flips off the exam table and lands upside down with the cat inside!!! I freaked! I turn it back over and pick it up, turning beet red and appologizing to the kitty. The vet then said that he landed feet first, and that he had never seen that happen. The carrier has a big crack on the top now and the vet tried to sell me a new one, LOL! I paid the bill and slunked out of there. The good news of the day is I found a variegated Hoya compacta at Lowes! 6 inch pot stuffed full for, get this, $5! Oh, Jo, I found Iris confusa yesterday!!! A nursery out in California had a similar Iris for sale, so I emailed them asking about it and they said that they had confusa, just not listed because they did not have enough. They sold me two pots! The website is allthingsiris.com. Terri is SUPER! All the prices on the website includes shipping. Angie, I have the code for Brecks somewhere and will email it to you. Deni, have to tell you about the fern you sent me. I had potted it up when I first got it and last week I decided it was ok to plant out in my shade garden and I found poison ivy growing in it, LOL! Good thing I am not allergic to it! Get well soon! I hope everyone that has anything gets better. Spring is here, it is not time to have the crud! I have to mention also that I got a phone call from G this afternoon. I'm telling ya, as soon as I answered, I could tell you were a California girl and not from this neck of the woods! Flu and all. You did sound rough and I hope you get to feeling better. And, ya'll, she talks just like she types, mispellings and all, j/k! I brake for yard sales! I had just mentioned to my son while we were out yesterday that it is about time for them, and all I got was a big groan out of him. Melissa, great news for your DD! Diabetes is a scary thing to have to deal with. I'll be starting the next thread in a bit. ~Canna
    ...See More

4400 Send a named daylily - get a named daylily

Q

Comments (101)
    Thanks Canna for matching us up. Now I'll have to drive clear to Texas or somewhere just to find something Jo doesn't have!!! I think we need to know a couple of months in advance who we'll have so we can check out their lists and see what we can find. lol Canna, thanks for bringing us along on your trip today. I love to be the fly on the wall and I feel as though I was watching everything. You tell it good girl! I'm still laughing, read it aloud to DH and he was laughing too. Jo, you need to hush about Joanne's. If I go there I'd be divorced because I'd have to buy fabric AND garden goodies. I can't even afford to feed one hobby/habit at a time much less two. Pretty daffs Marea! I want more varieties every year. Jo, I'm waiting on those pics so hurry the bulbs along. Where's Anita? Haven't seen her lately! I went outside yesterday and poked around and found that I'm going to have lots more iris blooms than I first thought! Thank you Anita!!! I really didn't expect them to bloom this year so I'm tickled pink! Sharon, everybody needs a pink flamingo! lol It was always a big joke in my hometown and when my boss there built a huge new home on the lake one of his friends bought him some for house warming. Really funny! That makes me think of his female friend he was raised with who got married and sent out invitations to the wedding. Two years later she got a divorce, took the extra wedding invitations to the printer and had them print a divorce party announcement on the reverse side! Now who would have thought of that? oops, sorry that isn't about gardening! TTYL, Nancy
    ...See More

4900!!! Send a named daylily - get a named daylily

Q

Comments (100)
    Hello all, Got a few pictures to share...Yea I got it figured out. Isn't it kewl..love my garden junk..lol...DH felt sorry for me..Ya see I was working and fell and kinda of hurt a rib and my fore arm..Really really nice bruising going on..Not to worry with a few meds all is fine..as long as the meds don't wear off..LOL..Trellis is what your looking at by the way..the black rod iron..he sanded,painted and put it together for me..Have an clematis going up it ..hopefully I just love this..Hopeing to grow some tpye of vine up this too..so it looks like an umbrella..Please don't look at the mess behind it..Was a deck there..took it out last year and haven't gotten around to do anything there yet.Heve to move my close line and then move around alot of the gardens..Then just put down some slate..ya ya thats all..LOL and YES I want my close line BACK.. Sorry this isn't the best picture..first time it's bloomed for me.Only know it as an Trout lily. Yes we behind all of you..thats zone 4..LOL Can't you just smell them..Hummm..spring..=) Anita ..Hugs hun...hope all works out for you.. LOVE,just love the window.Now just have to figure out where I can put one..=) Pictures are great..love seeing everyones gardens and blooms.
    ...See More
  • gloriab3
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Gay//// YOUR close girl, as a matter of fact the answer to the second part of the clue is PART of the answer! PART being a very good clue....

am working hard.... road blocks set up all over...
    cried alot today....
    working too hard...
    6 calls last night after midnight....
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    its late again....... i took a nap but I nned to go sleep for this evenings road blocks....
    Super bowl tommororw,,,, great fun... great food....
    dortpig I didnt know the racoon was for puppy...... so cute on my desk... do I have to give it up?

I cant believe you all have not got the clue...... go GAY!
    I will be back on on nsunday....

jo... sorry to hear about your mom.... wnters are a rough time for older folks....

who do we want to win the superbowl?????

where is susan???? where are you all?
    Becky is coming back also.. I recieved a email form her! Im jazzed! everyone is awaitiuung anxiuosly for spring! MEEEEEEEEE to... Im tire for the death look in my yard... its hard to believe that anything pretty will popo up form this ground.... ok i am asleep NOW! night all xoxox

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Good Morning Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back to our return's, I am looking for a very special return also, NANCY do you hear me:)

Mamma G,
    Get some rest!!! You are going to were yourself out & wont be abel to plant your new Daylilies:)

Rebecca,
    I love your Cookin Cousin's, They look like they could be twin's!!!!

Jo,
    No I do not have a complete list of in's & out's, I think in March we MAKE everyone answer, as some did not answer my 2 part E-mail at all, Now how are we going to MAKE them???????????

Melissa,
    Glad to see your day's are getting better, & hope DS & the rest of your family are not sick any longer:)

Dawn,
    Loved ALL your pic's, very nice:) BIG way to go on being a subscriber to GW, I pray to never be without GW:) & supporting it, is the only way for us to keep it!!!!!

Off to make a zillion meatball's for the Big Game, Sorry but I HATE football, But on the bright side only 1 week before NASCAR starts again, YES, now were talkin:)If I missed you, I will catch you on my next post!!!
    Have a wonderful day everyone, :)Anita

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

Morning,

Hope everyone is feeling a lot better today.

Anita,

YES We really need an updated List.

EVERYONE
    PUUUUHHHHHHHHLLEEEEEEEAASSEE!!!!!! Send Anita your(new) email addy, home addy,and if you are still in our special group. We need to update this info ASAP, we will be starting our spring trades soon, and need this done NOW.
    I know we are all busy, but it will take you only a minute to do this and it will be such a big help and will benefit us all. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!!

My guesses:
    ALL EYES OPEN
    ACACIA BROWN EYES
    AMBER EYES
    ANUENUE EYES
    APPLE OF MY EYE
    ARCHANGEL EYES
    ARKANSAS BRIGHT EYES
    ART GALLERY EYES
    AUTUMN EYE SHADOW
    AUTUMN EYES
    EYES A FLUTTER
    EYES OF BROWN
    EYES OVER GEORGIA
    EYES ARE US
    EYE FOR BEAUTY

Going to look for more,

Jo

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

Can you tell I am bored??

BABY BLUE EYES
    BECKY'S BLUE WINKER
    BIG BROWN EYES
    BIRDS EYE
    BLUE EYED BABY

still looking,
    really bored here,

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

becky's blue winker....that makes me giggle

i think i replied to anitas 1st request but I will send again since it is getting close! The birds are singing today and the sun is shining and the EAGLES ARE GONNA WIN TODAY!!!!

MELISSA

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago

Melissa,

I was going to say all the same things!!!!!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• mareas
    19 years ago

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!!

Happy Happy belated Birthday to you, Dawn! Here's hoping you have many more miles in ya. Thanks for sharing those photos from your special day - awesome!

rm WAS busy potting up her Valentine's sempervivums and eating Tollhouse Cookies and working on her continuing Ed last I heard on Wednesday...

Jo - You have already made all my guesses for the name the daylily contest - you super sleuth!

Gloria - hope that bond got straightened out and life is easier today. Also hope that you got good sleep,you have a great party and that your team wins!

Think Spring, think Spring ~ Marea

• dirtpig
    19 years ago

DORTPIG...well I never...LOL..that would Dirtpig to you missie...=)No you don't have to give that to the dog if you don't want to..LOL

Gay Desire
    Gay Moments
    Goddess Gay
    Gay Cravat
    Guldie Gay
    Blue Angel
    Adorned Angel
    Earthe Angel
    Snow Angel
    Arctic Angel
    Angelus Angel

Off to work...be good all
    Jean

• gaygay
    19 years ago

??bi eyed baby,birds eye,blue eyed princess,blue eyed butterfly,blue eyed curls,blue eyed guy,bold red eyes,bright eyed doll,bright eyed,bright eyed pink,bunny eyes.browneyed susan,buckeye,cathcher in the eye,comanche eyes,dark eyed smile,dark eyed doll, ok mammag how am i missing it ??Anita where are u ...gay

• gaygay
    19 years ago

added to above,gotta be browneyed susan!!someone had guessed blackeyed susan thought it was taken,if not i give up!!

• mary_s
    19 years ago

Hi everyone!
    Good guesses. I hope someone gets it soon! We can't let this go down as a 'stumper' Sorry I cannot think of any other 'eye' names!Does some one of us have this one?

Dawn, Happy belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day...enjoyed seeing the pictures! I am really enjoying all the neat stuff in the Feb. box you sent me! The Valentine's flag is flying! I hope you got my email earlier in the week telling you it came!

Gloria...sounds like you need some rest, girl!

Welcome back to our returning members!

Anita, glad your computer is fixed!

My sympathy to Joey and Jaye!

Hope all the 'ailing' members are doing better now. That influenza is nasty. Its just starting to make the rounds here. I did not get a flu shot due to the vaccine shortage and decided it is too late now so....Crossing my fingers, washing my hands alot and praying I do not get it!

Better get busy! MaryS

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

i took some pics of my amaryllis ghetto..i am not a photographer and i will try to get it here (crossing fingers)

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1238219}}

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

Well the week-end is almost over (What a great one it was, temps. in the 60's) Spring is closing in. YEah

Dawn-I loved your posting on all the things you did on your B-day. What a fun day. You are a beautiful young lady. It made me so sad about the eagle's wing. I love eagles and have a few figurines of them.

Anita - glad to see you back.

marozeckiNJ - loved the amaryllis picture. I've not had much luck with them. I'm not doing something right.

Shirley

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

well it was a quiet night here and even quieter this morning, DS is just shocked, he cant believe the eagles didn't win......again....when he gets older hopefully he will see its only a game and theres always next year to let the fans down again :)
    i went to sleep at 9:00 didn't know they lost until this morning!
    Monday....yuck!
    MELISSA

• cannahavana
    19 years ago

I'm here Melissa! So sorry about the Eagles. We were pulling for them too.

Just rolled out of bed, LOL! School is closed due to a flu outbreak so I slept in recovering from the weekend.

We had a blast, and I forgot to take my camera :(. The weather was sunny in the mid 60's and I almost wished I was home playing outside. The Wineception we hosted went great and it is neat to greet everyone as they arrive. I sampled some great wine from all over. Brought home some cool wine bottles to add to my bottle collection. There were several lectures on photography and using Photoshop to enhance pics and how to use a digital camera, like F-stops and apetures that I knew nothing about. It made me sick that I didn't take the camera, cause there were just tons of things I wanted to photograph while in Chattanooga. I finally got to meet Kinnebrew who hybridizes the Spacecoast DL series. He was so nice and was kind when I carried on about how much I love his DL. He played peekaboo with my daughter, LOL!

The kids were absolute angels the whole time and I got tons of comments on how well they behaved. It made this Momma proud :). The symposium was over by 11:00 yesterday, so we took the kids to some fun things. We went to the children's discovery museum and even Doug and I had fun. Then we rode an electric trolley from the early 1900's New Orleans and learn about the history of Chattanooga and the Choo Choo train stop. DD was in train heaven all weekend.

Alrighty, Doug and I did come home with a lighter wallet after buying 3 DL's at two auctions that were held. Doug won two silent auction DL's and I won one from the live auction on Sat. night...that was fun!

{{gwi:1238220}}
    {{gwi:1238221}}
    {{gwi:1238222}}

There were plenty of new intros that went in the hundreds that we could not afford to bid on, so we went for the older that everyone already have.

Captain Compost over on the soil forum was an absolute hit! He is a wonderful speaker and is a blast to talk to. He captivates his audience and is truly informative and entertaining, especially at 8:30 in the morning.

DAWN, HAPPY BELATED B-DAY!!!! I need a list of b-days, I keep missing them.

Ok, need to go shower myself.

~ Canna

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago

Hi everyone

Melissa, I was really pulling for the Eagles. It would have been nice to see Philly win a championship.
    Oh, and I second that YUCK!

Congrats. to any Patriots fans we may have here.

Mary, I'm so glad you liked your package. I love mine as well. My sweet little yellow birdie sits here with me on my desk:

I wanted to send you a flag pole 'cause not everyone has garden flags. I thought it would have been awkward to ship, so I figured I'd take my chances. Glad you already had a pole!

Hope everyone is feeling better. DH and I hardly ever get the flu. It's been years for both of us. Fingers are crossed that we make it through another season.

Shirley, You are very sweet. We had some idiot here in the Pittsburgh area (a state police officer) who was shooting eagles and got caught. Can you believe someone, esp. a cop, would do that???

Marea, I'm thinking spring so hard it's coming out my ears! I was out on hands & knees this morning looking for my Crocus under the snow. Found some!!! The Daffy's are poking up too.

Jo, hope your mom is feeling better.

Susan, I'm going to transplant my 'Axelrose' Brug. today. I think it's finally big enough. I'm so glad the cutting survived. Thanks!

Does anyone here watch "House Hunters" on HGTV? The show is pretty stupid, but I love it! DH hates it. Well, I feel like i'm on the show. Our neighbors house went up for sale on Friday, and we put an offer in on Sat. I am anxiously waiting for the phone to ring and hear, "You got the house!". Actually, we probably won't find out for a few days. The house has an acre lot. I'd like to rent out the house & use 1/2 of the lot for plants. I need somewhere to put all my new daylilies!! It's a really good deal on the house and DH & I think it will be a wonderful investment. I hope we get it.

Also, we've been talking about selling the farm we own. It's just too far away. Strangely, I got a call from a realtor in that area this morning, asking if we'd be interested in selling it. He has 3 people interested. Wow! That was easy. He is going to give us an appraisal, and by next week it might be on the market. I really love it though. I'm sure I'll shed a tear if we sell it.

Oh well, I better get outside. It's almost 60 degrees out today!!!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Good Day All,
    I had a wonderful day, YIPPTYYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Mamma G,
    I am receiving your E-mails & will do the list as soon as I have all of them, This has needed done for a long time, Thank you so much for your help:)

Gay,
    I'm here, just took a day away from the computer, Had a house full for the game,

Jaye & Joey
    Time does not heal it only softens, I wish I could take your pain away, but in time it will be softened.

Cody,
    You still with use?

Jo,
    Becky's Blue Winker, Oh man not the eye I had in mind when I read that & laughed, Good one! Can you believe this weather? my Blue Birds are out checking back in to their house for the year, Yes another year with them, I am loving it:)

Well, I better get DH food going , Have a great night all, :)Anita

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago

Canna, glad you had fun on your trip. And those daylilies you brought back! I love King of Masks!

To both Jaye & Joey, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anita, we are almost "snow-less" here! It just about all melted today. I didn't get to play in my beds like you, but I worked in the greenhouse. Man, I think I got a sunburn! I wanted to ask you about the Preen. I've never used it before, but many clients ask me about it.

Well, DH and I are off to the hospital to see his father. He had surgery this morning to remove part of his intestine. He has diverticulitis and it got very bad. I guess the surgery went well, and he is in recovery right now.

Today starts a new moon, tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and also Chinese New Year.

Have a good night and remember, only 40 days 'till spring!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• gloriab3
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Ok yall want a new rule???? How about this... if noone guesses the name then EVERYONE sends me a daylily?????
    better hurry or I will forget the name.....

well I will tell you now....
    one of us______________ anita
    these kind of eyes.......... ( betty DAVIS eyes) DAVIS

clue answer.... anita davis!
    ok Ill be waiting for my daylilysssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Back off mamabird..... Im love cannas same daylily! Did she get MORE than two fans....grin!

DAWN.... ADVISE.... if you dont need the money honey DONT SELL.... DONT!!! Hold on to that land girl.....

rebecca.... you forgot the camera??????? GIRL>>>>>>>

mercy me what a day.... I ate all day yesterday... and leftovers all day today.... help canna!

• gaygay
    19 years ago

A nursery close by is advertising daylilies for 50 cents.so i bought one just to see what it was,,,i new i already had a few fans of the same thing but could not resist a bargin.wow good deal if u dont have these,double fans of strawberry candy,prarie blue eyes and joan senior,they come as a pack of all three kinds in the same pack and are labled,they are packed bare root in straw and will ship easy and stand the cold enroute if any one wants some let me know as i pass by there each day ..6fans for 50 cents!...gay

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

our area is going through a huge development period, so much for small town charm. they are building townhome developments on every piece of land they can get their hands on. school will be in trailers next year to accomodate the overcrowding because the school budget continually gets voted down to make the school bigger. A friend of our just sold 6 acres creekfront acres for $1.6 million! It's insane, I wish my yard was big enough to sell of a chunk and then move someplace rural!
    marea any place out there in the wild west still affordable?
    canna isn't it great when they shine and make you proud, it makes up for anything else they do!

have a great day all, I am off today so I will check in later. Gonna go look under the snow for anything green!
    MELISSA

• Joeypack
    19 years ago

Good morning everyone! Thank you for your prayers. I need them. Found out that my brothers son will be leaving Washington State this morning to come live with Ricky and me. Having difficulties at school, friends and such. Should be interesting!
    Susan- Thank YOU!!!! Where are you? I lvoed the birdhouse, jacket and tools! You are a dear! Did you get my package? Joey

• cannahavana
    19 years ago

Morning all!

Wow, Joey! How old is your nephew? Many, many prayers to you and Ricky.

Dawn, that is awesome! Can I buy your farm? But, I would have to move it back south. I don't think I can grow palm trees in zone 5. We want to move soooo bad! We will be saving big time for the next 2 years so we can buy some acres and start a nursery.

G, the DL king of mask is Doug's that he will be hybridizing with it this year. So, that one is hands off at least for this year. Not sure how many fans we will get. They will be here the week of April 1st.

Melissa, your off today and you are up at 5:30 am? LOL! Doug forgot to set my alarm this morning and my son woke me up to take him to school. His alarm is the grow lights in his room over his cacti and succulent collection that come on at 7:00. If my kids did not behave, we could not do the trips we do. We have been members of our local club since DS was a baby, so he knows how to behave and is comfortable around them. DD is learning, LOL! She was like having a cat in my lap, everyone wanted to pet her hair. But, she had her trains and paper/crayons to keep her occupied during the lectures. DS had his nose in his gameboy or a book the whole time.

OK, off to do something productive today. I have been crocheting! Anyone crochet or knit here? I found an unfinished project from a few years ago and finishing that up this week instead of doing what I am suppose to be doing, like updating websites.

~Canna

• Joeypack
    19 years ago

Canna, my nephew is 16! Can you believe it? LOL I hope I can get through this until he turns 18. I also crochet! I lvoe crocheting. My Great Grandmother taught me when I was very young. LOL Joey

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

Good morning everyone,

What a YUCKY morning it is. Rain, rain go away. To think it was nearly 60 here yesterday, with the sun shining and just gorgeous. I intend to do some WS today, to keep those plant blues away.

Mama G
    those clues were just plain tricky, no fair (I know, I know that is what it is all about)(GRINZ)

Canna,
    LOVE your DL, esp. the King of Masks.WOW.

Jaye, and Joey,
    I know it is difficult right now. But try not to think of the loss, remember all the good times, pull out all the happy memories, look at them, and relive them, you find yourself smiling at them. Those wonderful memories will help you through. Because of those wonderful memories, they are not gone from your life, they live in you still. Hugs, thoughts and prayers to you both.

Gay,
    I am interested. I will e-mail you. I have all, but for that price, I could use more. (a sucker for a bargain Jo)

Have at least 10 things that have to be done TODAY. PLus take mom to the dr.
    She is better, but the pressure sore on her ankle won't give up. The one on her hip is MUCH better. (Doc gave me silvadene, thank you Susan for that info) I have to keep a close watch on her to make sure the pneumonia is all gone. If she shows any signs of it coming back I have to get her back right away.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Has anyone heard from Cathy?

Anita,
    How is my beautiful little nephew doing? Oh yeah, and his folks too. (grin)
    Yeah, NASCAR starts soon!!!!!

Susan,
    where are you?

Angie,
    Your package goes out today, it is all packed and ready to go. Hope you like what I got 'ya.

I have to tell you all this, I have such a sweet DH.
    Sunday I wasn't feeling all that well. But had to be up to keep an eye on my Mom. He went to the store to pick up some groceries. I am in the chair kinda dozing, I hear him come in the door, I look up and he has a big bunch of Roses, and the cutest red Monkey, with a little red rose. He hands them to me and says, "I got these for you to make you feel better". And do you know? They sure did. (sniff, sniff)He is such a sweetie. No wonder I love him so much.

Well, I suppose I gotta get going on those 10 things.

You all have a WONDERFUL, SAFE, day,

Jo

• cannahavana
    19 years ago

Holy cow, 16! You and Ricky are wonderful for taking him in. Can I send my kids to you when they turn 16? LOL!

My mother taught me how to crochet as a child, and I taught her how to knit! She also taught me how to sew and quilt, but I will never be as good as her.

Here is a taste of spring to come for those that are still snowbound. Can you smell it?

Witch Hazel
    {{gwi:1238232}}

Ok, I am REALLY going to go do something, LOL!

~ Canna

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

Canna,
    I crochet, or I should say I used to. I am planning on learning how to knit. Hopefully in this lifetime.

Jo

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

Canna,
    I crochet and love it. It is my stress relief when Winter hits and I can't get outside. I was at Wal Mart Saturday night buying yarn and this guy and his wife approches me and starts asking questions about how hard is it to learn to crochet and etc. Come to find out he is a teacher at
    Fox Fire in Rabun County. He was pretty much wanting me to volunteer to teach classes there but I just don't have the time. He said things like quilting, knitting, crocheting and etc. will be a lost art if they don't teach the younger generation how to do it. I agree but you would have to be retired before you committed to something like that. My plate is so full now, I don't know half the time if I am coming or going.
    I have been doing Christmas Stockings this Winter and everyone wants one. I will take a picture and post one for you, they are nice. I have made one for almost everyone in the family.
    Shirley

• gloriab3
    Original Author
    19 years ago

JO I think you are the only one who read the post with the answer...? I thought I was very clever and thats why gay had half the answer, or rather PART of it..... cant believe anita misses it as she just ordered one I think..... oh well...

yes, I also ordered from Gay.. I truely hipe she can land this for me.. I will be so jazzed!!!!!! I also have them but when I first sent anita the strawberry candy last year i thougth she would flip.... I did.. now I see that the price really has come down... I am pretty sure that a newbe or two will not have one... and they would all make great trades..I have my yard swing from the kids outlines this year with strawberrycandy, I cant wait to see if its pretty or if they all doubled. To fun if they did.

I feel into a very DEEP sleep... DEEP! I had a hard time getting up maybe because I knew its my dayoff.. or maybe because I see a sink full of dishes???????
    Joey I think thats great your 16 year old has a family place to go to.... it maybe all he needs. You all wouldnt believe the kids I see who parnets just walk away. I think sometimes everyone just needs a break.

Rebecca that so neat that you all are going to do a nursery also..Your hubby certainly isnt a lazy man.... you may consider hiring dawn as she seems to be 10 people in one, mercy she has somekind of energy. too bad we all with the same hearts dont live closer... we could have a daylily farm
    ___________________ totaly cant pull up the word... its where we all join in. I did a veggie one in California, there were ten of us and we all planted different veg's. So fun! I may need more sleep... yes thats it.... ZZZZZZZZZ xox g

• TakingRoot
    19 years ago

Morning All,

gaygay ~ I'm interested in a few fans....sending you mail.

Melissa ~ Hope you enjoy your day off!

Canna ~ Love the picture! (ahhhh.... spring awaits)

Joey ~ Sending you positive thoughts!

Jo ~ It's raining here, too... I love the rain..... and what a sweet thing your hubby did! Hope your mom is doing better!
    Hope you get your 10 things done (smile).

MamaG ~ Hey there!

Anita ~ I can't wait till I can play in the dirt, too! Although I was able to do a little WS. What a sanity keeper! Pike's has 50% off all houseplants, so I was able to pick up a pitcher plant, anthurium vittarifolium, and a few others...too bad the sale wasn't on outdoor plants....

Thanks everyone for you words of encouragement! They go a LONG way!

Has anyone ordered anything from Bluegrass Gardens?

Hope everyone has a rich and productive day!!

Jaye

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

Hi everyone,

I have quite a few seeds I am going to trade. I thought I would offer them here first.

I have lots of
    Lupines mixed, gorgeous crosses from my open pollinated gardens
    White perennial foxglove
    Malva braveheart
    Columbine mixed colors

also, I have
    a couple trades of each
    Thunbergia alata white
    thunbergia alata orange
    thunbergia black eyed susan mix

and one trade each of
    Morning glory chocolate
    Lupine the chatelaine

also check my list I just updated it.

If I don't hear from anyone in our group by this evening, I will post on the seed exchange. Thanks,

Jo

• dirtpig
    19 years ago

I have to give it to you Mamabear...You pulled one over on as all...GOOD JOB!!..=)

Oh Joey...Good luck to you and Ricky.

I'm sorry someone asked for a picture of a epiphyllum plant..heres the plant...I just don't remember who asked.
    {{gwi:1238233}}

and My zone 4 buddy asked about lilies and I didn't take back to you.Sorry..I would wait till fall to move the bulblets...that way you won't miss out on flowering.

Well be good and Hugs
    Jean

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Good Mid Day All,

Mamma G,
    NOT FAIR!!!!!!! That one is on my list of wants from Bay Berry Row, How did I miss it?
    Better luck next time, HUMM, I don't think I like that new rule!!!!!

Gay,
    I would love some tradable stock for that price, Can I. Paypal you, It will be just like me sending you the invoice only it will be money? Oh Please get a hold of me on this great bargain,:)

Jaye,
    Someday, I would love to add Pitcher plant to my stash, What are they selling for at Pikes?, They are so neat looking,
    Bluegrass Gardens- No I have not order but I think I will Be, I about went in to hysterics when I found out they have a LAYAWAY plan, Oh I am so going to order from them, Maybe one or two of them HIGH priced ones & I can make payments on it:) Our tax's are due right now so plant buying has to be on a minimum,

Dawn,
    I watch HGTV all the time, I do watch House Hunters, But it is not one of my fave's,
    Ditto Mamma G, DON'T SELL IT IF YOU LOVE IT & WILL SOMEDAY BE IN IT!!
    PREEN, The best weed defender on the market in my eye's, People believe it ENDS weed's, not true, you must remove any weed's before you put it on, it only kills weed seedling's, it does not kill an existing weed, That's were my buddy round up come in, Secret to Preen is get it on before the weeds have a chance to take over,

Joey,
    I wish you the best of luck with your Nephew, I'm sure you & Ricky will do great with him:)

Jo,
    Your Nephew is doing great & the kids are fine too, Hey my besets gardening buddy, I would LOVE some of them Chocolate Morning Glories, Please:)

Rebecca,
    I LOVED those Daylilies especially King Of Mask's, I know them babies are WAY out of my price range,

Off to finish the babies laundry, have a great day all, :)Anita

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago

Hi everyone

Jo, I'd be interested in a few of your seeds. I'll email you. Thanks!

Jaye, I just put in an order to Bluegrass. Very nice people. Thanks for the link Debbie!

MamaG, I can't believe Anita didn't get the clue. You really had us stumped!

Timer is beeping...mmmmmmmmm....cake is done!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• gaygay
    19 years ago

yep ,dont know how i missed it ,,,going in wrong direction looking for names with eyes in it!going dayliiy shopping!!cheap cheap!who else is wanting to start a nursery>i have been selling out of my yard 3yrs now last summer i made 600.oo yea!

• cody_mi
    19 years ago

i eventually want my own nursery, but the way things are going it's not very likely to happen anywhere in the near future.

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

jean i have one of those epiphyllum plants and i didn't know what it was! Thanks for posting the pic, now I need to research what the heck to do with it.

joey i wish you and ricky luck and send you a prayer or two...sixteen is tough all mine thinks about is girls and how many days it will be til he can drive!

gay thanks for getting those daylilies, i don't have any of them!

mama g was in a commune????

MELISSA

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I had to come here and tell 'ya all. I am so proud (grin)
    My 4 year old grandson wants a daylily for his 5th birthday. I was looking at DL's and he saw one he wants. His knickname is boogie, and he saw one called "Boogie my woogie", and he asked for it for his B-day. Now all I have to do is get one. Does anyone have any they can trade? Or if not, does anyone have any daylily with the word "boogie" in it. ( I think I can sell him on it as long as it has his knickname in it) I know there are several, "boogie band, boogie date, boogie woogie, tennesee boogie". Please HELP, his B-day is May 20.

thanks,

Jo

• gaygay
    19 years ago

hello to all that have emailed me about the 50 cent daylilies .well my car is full,got them!!will get back to u about shipping them right now i need to get them too the greenhouse before dh thinks i bought a car load for myself lol they still have more! gay

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

three cheers for gay!!!!!!

• gaygay
    19 years ago

well,our stash is watered and hidden in the greenhouse,dh will never know..too hard to explain what im doing....lol i need everones address that ordered, master list some how got deleted..anita and dawn e mail me!

• budsnblooms
    19 years ago

Hi All,

Worked in the greenhouse today. Had to spray everything. The aphids are getting bad.

Ricky...I can tell you from personal experience it is very difficult to take in a teenager, especially one that the parents are having difficulty dealing with. I don't know that is the case here but I have taken in family members on several occassions and for me it didn't work out. I naively thought if I set ground rules, let them know they were loved, and tried to be involved in what they were doing, and consistent with praise and discipline, that everything would turn out okay. I'm sorry to say that wasn't what happened. But your circumstances may be different. I too praise your desire to help and hope that it does turn out great for your nephew.

I ordered from Bluegrass again and they do have a 20% down layaway plan with the rest due in the spring before shippment. They charge $6.00 for the 1st 4 fans (2 DL's)and .25 for every fan after that for shipping. So if you're only planning on ordering 1 or 2 DL's it may not be worthwhile, but after I saw how many daylilies they had at 3.00 each, the shipping was not a problem. Let them know I referred you maybe I'll get a daylily as a bonus. I got a bonus last time I ordered from them, it was their 2004 intro. daylily "Galaxy Explosion". I don't know if they give bonuses with every order or only those over a certain amount. I'm also checking on the links everyone here is giving like Dune Lane and Bayberry Row. Can you tell....I got daylily fever really bad.

Jean...is you epiphyllum rick rack? I had 3 different epiphyllum's until we ran out of kerosene in the heater in our greenhouse one night and they froze. If you've got enough can I have a start? I can trade for night blooming cereus (another epiphyllum) or Queens Tears Bromeliad. Both are houseplants here. I'll take photo's if you want. We may have to wait until another warm spell. Its supposed to get cold here again this weekend.

I forgot who said they had seeds, I'll check again and e-mail.

Anita, Do you have my new e-mail address: soper07@bellsouth.net?

Dawn...great photos, I wish I looked like you, I never looked that good, even when I was your age. Thanks for telling bluegrass that I referred you. Happy belated BD.

I better get back to checking for free garden plans on the web (Found several good one's). Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll post the links here.
    Debbie/budsnblooms

• Joeypack
    19 years ago

Good morning everyone. Hope everything is wonderful where you are.
    Jo- Thought of you last night! I walked around the wet yard last evening rto find that the crocus and hyacinth are blooming away! Thank you again for a wonderful trade last year!!!!!!!!
    Susan- I sure hope that everything is okay.
    everyone- thank you for your prayers and encouragement. I will do everything I can to provide a safe and loving home, and that's all I can do. (thinking back to when Ricky was sent to his mothers) LOL
    Anyone want to trade this year? This is waht I will be trading for:
    I have:
    Hardy Ground orchids, Daylilies, Iris, Cana's (oodles), Ricky (jsut seeing if you were really reading LOL),Strawberry begonias (OODLES), etc.
    What I want:
    Oriental lilies! Orientpet lilies! Iris (esp. Broken colors)All lilies!!!!!!!
    Anyone interested in trading for some Ipheon? I have lots of this!

• gaygay
    19 years ago

joey, what is Ipheon seems like i just know about daylilies,i need other plants what kinds of cannas do u have,i have.

• cody_mi
    19 years ago

joey> maybe this year we can actually complete a trade?? lol

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago

Hi Joey
    I wish you & Ricky lots of luck with your nephew. I hope it is an adventure full of fun and love.

Gay, here's a link showing Ipheon:

I am supposed to know if we got the house by noon today. The realtor called and said it would be quicker than he originally thought. I'm nervous.

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

Here is a link that might be useful: Ipheon

• cannahavana
    19 years ago

Morning all!

I have an abundance of seeds that I collected this past year from my garden if anyone is interested:

Purple Hyacinth bean vine
    Penstemon 'Husker Red'
    Datura 'Yellow Surprise'
    Platycodon 'blue Balloon Flower'
    Castor Bean carmencita (6ft+)
    Morning Glory 'Star of Yelta'
    Morning Glory white scrambling
    Columbine double purple
    Canna various
    * a ton of 2 yr old seeds *

Not really looking for a trade, just trying to clear them out. Just ordered some seeds from eseeds.com. Anyone use them before? I ordered Meconopsis betonicifolia 'blue himalayan poppy' and Penstemon 'Shock Wave'. I accidentally ordered and paid in Canadian dollar, LOL!

Been spending a lot of time in the bathroom the last few days. Nooooo, I'm not sick. I got the bright idea yesterday to start potty training my DD...what was I thinking? LOL! Joey, I will trade my DD for your nephew...or maybe Ricky!

Good Luck, DAWN!!!

~ Canna

• catbirdsue
    19 years ago

Hello all,

We are doing well. There has been so manys DR.s visits here its been impossible to be on the comp more than a couple of minutes. I only had 4 free days in Jan! Since my sugery on the 18th. I have been exhausted. Julie is still with us. We are doing everything we can to keep her. She so adores Floppy(buddy) and Gabrellia. She sleeps with Floppy and takes him to most of her DRs visits. While Miss Gabrellia sits at the head of her bed and protects her. Thanks so much for helping us to heal Julies spirit with such loving gifts.

Cathy