SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cannahavana

4600 Send a named daylily - get a named daylily

cannahavana
19 years ago

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of traders who when at all possible trade daylilies. We have the most awesome group of traders, proven, experienced, honest, givng, sharing and awesome loving people. The way into this group is to have traded and proven yourself honest. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recomendation. We'd love to have you!

We are currently doing an April trade - which finally includes daylilies or "IOU's" for daylilies *grin*

Onward we go...

Does anyone here grow passifloras? I just bought P. Aurantia and need to know the best way to propagate it. Thanks!

~ Canna

Comments (100)

• toomanyanimals
    19 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Cody, yes, I already have the orange poppy. I think you had said you had a small piece of orientale 'Victoria Louise' for me.

Sorry, I already have the fritillaria and the polish spirit. :o)

Jean, Don't you wish you could take your money back from that seller!

Sharon

• jaceysgranny
    19 years ago

G, it was Shirley who bought the dahlias on 50% off not me. I just wish!!!

Melissa, fantastic shot of the impending storm! I love storms as long as there is no lightning close by.
    I love those big old houses too, is yours like them? I love that hosta, don't you? I have one of them and it grows so fast. I wish they were all like that.

Jo, I'm glad you were pleased with your box. I was so relieved when I opened yours and saw the mini blind markers! LMBO, I was so afraid you would think I was cheap but G said what I use. lol

Jean, sorry your ebay purchase turned out badly for you. Last year I won 20 irises and when I finally got them after emailing the girl two or three times they were all rotten in the box and aboug 1 to 2 inches tall. Most of them I couldn't even plant. I was just sick over it. I should have given her a bad review but didn't have the heart to do it because she said she'd just had a baby. Now who in their right mind would be selling plants on ebay when they had just had a baby the week before? I smell a rat!

Angie, I got the phlox today. Boy, that was quick, thanks!

Anita, I hope you are feeling better. Come back and play with us soon.

Shirley, I'd like to know about the irises if there are extras. I'd like to have a few named ones.

Mary and Cody, thanks for naming my hosta. You jogged my memory, it is the albo-marginata.

Dawn, it's nice to have such a great hubby isn't it? Mine is like that too. It sounds like most of us have good ones that spoil us. Just one more thing we have in common. ;-)

Have a great evening all!

Nancy

• Related Discussions

Have: Six named Daylily Want: Six named Daylily

Q

Comments (3)
    Hi, Fellow daylily fan I would be interested in trading this spring. I'm in WV so we also have to wait till warmer weather. I do have some purples like Get all excited, Bela Lagosi, Jennie (lynn maybe), and a few others in those color schemes. I also have some other beauties. You can check out my trade list and email if you're interested. I send out healthy plants once I recieve a package from others. (I've been let down a few times) Later, Chris
    ...See More

HAVE: Named Daylilies to Trade for Named Daylilies: 61 Cultivars

Q

Comments (16)
    Hi Leslie, I tried to post last night but could not. I contacted Garden Web and got things fixed! I have several named plants that have to be moved/thinned in the next month, as soon as the weather cools. Here are some that I will be working on: Seductor Which Way Jim Persian Market Anne Gehry Artistic Masterpiece Pandora's Box Classic Caper Spanish Masquerade Catherine Woodbury Royal Braid Orchid Candy Feisty Christmas Is Siloam Double Classic Siloam Ury Winniford Blue Sheen Most can be double fans or better. Please let me know as I am interested in several of your plants. Thanks, Linda
    ...See More

UPDATE: 4700 Send a named daylily-get a named daylily

Q

Comments (100)
    Anita, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers will be said for your family to have strength and God's help dealing with your pain. Gloria, sounds like you've had my kind of luck. We're glad you're back in the Land of Daylilies. You know it's kind of like the Land of Oz only better. My internet wouldn't come on last night and when I called tech they said it sounds like spyware but wasn't. This morning I called back and he said it's on his end so I got him to help me set up a dial-up connection. It always goes out on the weekend when I have more time to use it. Does it happen that way with ya'll? Lucky me, I got the sweetest Mother's day card from my DS and DIL that says Love is knowing the one you care about most is also your BEST FRIEND. WOW! Nothing could be a nicer compliment than that especially since it's my DH's son although he couldn't be closer to me if he were my own blood. He's been mine for 23 years and I'm very proud of that! Angie, I wish I could help with the puter but geeky I'm not. If you don't get any help here go to the Computer Help forum. Those people are great and answer so fast. Good luck with getting it fixed. Sharon, love your yard sale finds, especially the pig. Here's my pig from Good Will I bought a couple of months ago. Great minds think alike since I'm going to put a semp in it too. It's small but I think a little one will work. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. Jo, I took a picture of my lemon lily bloom but I'll wait to post it when my DSL is back on. Everytime I get ready to copy the photos to photobucket this *#$ dial-up connection goes off. Gotta go to town with DH. He's buying me a yellow rose bush for Mother's Day but he said I'll have to pick it out. OKAY! Nancy
    ...See More

NEW: Send a Named Daylily-get a new daylily swap

Q

Comments (2)
    I'm not sure how I should do this but here I go: I would love any of these daylilies: Susan Weber, Spiny Sea Urchin, Geneva Firetruck,Chance Encounter, Wish Fulfillment,Fourty Second Street, Sea Urchin, Paper Butterfly. Anything frilled, ruffled or teethed, diamond or gold dusted..Any Spacecoast (Well I can dream can't I)? As far as what I can send...I'll wait until others sign up so I know what they want and can send whatever I have that matches up. If I'm not doing this right....flowersandbirds4ever please let me know. I couldn't figure out how you would be able to match up wants if we didn't list them here? Budsnblooms
    ...See More
  • marozeckinj
    19 years ago

nope Nancy...those are the nice house across the street. My house is what their help used to live in back in the day. It is a tiny bungalow but we like it :) and I love my hostas. My mom comes every spring and steals a bunch of them!

cody that you for finding the name of it....too bad it's not some fancy expensive kind...but it's ok they spread really fast and look great all summer.

Melissa

• ellenh
    19 years ago

Good Morning everyone,

I'm up before the kids. It's nice and peaceful. I plan to finish my box today for Cathy. I've got a super busy day today so if I don't start now, I'll never get finished.

Cody - I have two words for you - child prodigy, LOL. I don't know if I knew any latin names for plants at 13, but I probably did. I had a garden at 13 but I didn't seriously garden till I was an adult. Are your parents gardeners too? Mine are, but I don't really think of them as knowledgeable gardeners. I now try to help them with their gardens and I know (sorry Mom & Dad) that I know so much more than them. Maybe I'm just more obsessed. I hope to take the Master Gardener's class in the fall but we'll see how the job situation interferes with it. How long till you finish school?

Jo - sounds like a great box!

Marea - how I wrap depends on what I'm sending. For daylilies, irises, and anything with rhizomes, I just wrap them nicely in newspaper. For things without thick roots, I wrap the roots in damp paper towels and then wrap the roots in a plastic bag. Then wrap the whole thing in newspaper to protect the leaves. What does everyone else do?

Jean - I'm sorry about your experience on ebay. Always check the feedback carefully before you bid. The only time I've had a bad experience was when I didn't do that.

The sun looks like it might peak out today! Too bad I won't be able to get much done between work and ferrying the kids :(

Ellen

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Morning all!

I hope everyone survived the weird weather. Got down to 33° and 35° over the weekend. I brought just the most tender stuff in. My tropical hibiscus got nipped a bit and I lost a couple of seedlings, but overall, everything looks the same. The snow stayed just north of the valley.

Angie! Thank you so much for such a nice surprise! Guys, she sent me 4 bulbs of Lilium Shocking! That was so sweet of you!

Cody, thanks so much for explaining serpentine layering. I shall give it a whirl when it warms up a bit.

Loving the pics! Keep 'em coming!

~ Canna

• onesherri
    19 years ago

Well it doesn't look like the snow damaged to much. It didn't touch the things that I thought it would. But I have been losing daylilies left and right this season. I had to dig a bunch of them back in and it seems that every time it frosts they just shoot back out. So I did lose a few more of them in the snow but otherwise all else is well.

Anita, I keep hoping to see you back. :) YOu must have really gotten something awful.

Since it has been a while since I have been around, I do remember that Anita has a new grandbaby. Is she still taking care of the baby and how old?

mamabird, As much as I love to do yardwork, that is way to much.

Sounds like everyone is getting awesome boxes, hope me and Anita don't get in trouble for being late. :)

• gloriab3
    19 years ago

Coty... Ill trade yah for the bulbs..

Dirtpig.... the reason that happened to yOU because you went to the WRONG EBAY PERSON GO TO

FLOWERSFORME123 SHE IS BEST!

sERIOUSLY, ITS ONE OF TWO THINGS.... HERS WERE NOT READY TO DIG UP..... SHE GOT SLAMMMED WITH ORDERS... THO THREE WEEKS IS A LONG TIME TO GET TO ORDERS... OR... AND THIS IS MY GUESS..... SHE GETS ORDERS... AND THEN SHEORDERS... HUMMM

THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN WITH FLOWERSFORME123 ON EBAY SHE HAS great fEEDBACKS ........... READ THEM...

HAVE I LOST MY MIND>>>>> tHE LAST TIME I WATCHED TV WAS WEEKS AGO,,,,, I WALK OUTSIDE ON SAT WAS IT AND froze my butt off ( wish) it snowed here.....???????? snow..... hello?????

and on sun we had freeze warnings....

I have 150 stargazers planted..... if frost hits they are gone.... covered up and they are ok... whew....
    got them from flowersforme123 girl on ebay....

where is a photo of cody>?

I cant see photos here...

trucks of dirt coming today for dahlia farm....

Lord help..... cody got anyggestions,,,,
    ya'll do not even want to know price of dirt?
    sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can we djust a dahlia trade???? grin....
    DING DING DING!!!!!!
    new contest........ the person who sends me the most dahlias wins a basket from becky...

SPEAKING OF CONTESTS...

I HAVE LIST OF ALL WHO WON DAYLLIES FROM OUR CONTESTS OVER THE WINTER,,,,,,...

WHAT I DONT HAVE IS A LISF FOLKS WHO SAID THEY WOHELP SUPPLY DOES ANYONE HERE JO??? ANY OF THE RE OF YOU GOOD NOTE KEEPERS??? mAREA? CANNA?

CANNA,,, ILL EMAIL YOU,,,, YOU KNOW WHO ON EBAY HAD DAHLIAS ALSO..... GREAT ONES FROM FARMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRINNING BIG?

no QUESTIONS,,,,,,,,,,,

OUR JOEY NEEDS US!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO QUESTIONS... JUST EMAIL LOVE NOTE.... DONT BE NOISY! ( DARN)

WALMART HERE KNEW OF UPCOMING SNOW..... THEY PUT ALL THEIR OUTSIDEPLANTS HALF OFF AS THEY HAD NOWHERO STORE THEM.....

ALL........... ALL........ THE PLACE WAS A MAD HOUSE
    ROSE BUSHES 50 CENTS
    NEW PLANTS.... AND I GOT NONE..... HUMMMMMMM

HUGS TO ALL....G

PS MELLISSA GIRL YOU DONT OWE ME ANYTHING, DAYLILIES, WERE COOL... DONT REMEMEBER... JUST DAHLIAS......

DAHLIAS...........................

DAHLIAS............... XOXOX

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Oh I miss you all so much,
    Other than Bronchial pneumonia I have not gone back to my Doctors for test result's, Going next week.

Sherri,
    I will E-mail you about the April swap, I will be getting your end out ASAP, I will try not to send any germs in your box:)

Shirley & Marea,
    Will try to work on our pending trades next week,

I will play catch up, when I can sit here longer,

Dune Lane Will be shipping 1st of May, I need money for shipping from everyone that ordered, I think $5.00 should cover each person & maybe leave an extra 50 cents for me to cover ink & stuff, Mamma G, all that you have coming, you better do the flat rate $7.95 box, Please either Paypal or snail mail this to me each of you, Thanks:)

Off to lay back down for a bit, need to be 100% better before all the Daylilies start rolling in,
    Bayberry Row
    Gilbert H Wild's
    Marietta Garden's
    Bluegrass Garden's
    Dune Lane
    I think they are the only places I ordered from this year, Have a great day all, :)Anita

• namso
    19 years ago

Good afternoon all,

Dawn, Thank you so much for all the detailed info on the forsythia arch. I am really planning on trying that one. I have had this idea about starting a secret garden of sorts and this would make a perfect entrance. Beautiful and unusual :).

Anita - glad to see you back posting, hoping the test results all good. Feel better.

Shirley - I can see your photos too. Lovely. The little statues are so cute in there.

Nancy - those iris are beautiful. thanks for posting. my little dwarfs were destroyed in the snow here, so really nice to see some!

Sherri - ooh that looked bad. Hope you are melted. Only lasted a day here but the ground is still soaking...way to wet to plant.

Marea - I soak, wash and ship dry. Good question.

Angie - Phlox here! Thanks so much.

Club meeting and auction Sun. can't wait.

Cindy O/namso

• onesherri
    19 years ago

Anita, glad to see that you are at least upright. :) No hurry on the plants, get yourself well. And please keep the germs away from that box. I am fighting off croup at the moment, hoping it is the last germ I see for the season.

Snow all melted, it was 60 yesterday and today. Good Ohio weather. :)

Since I have been checking in here, I haven't seen Susan or Cindylu. Where did they go? Sherri

• gloriab3
    19 years ago

someone please email marea, or canna or anyone that knows about computers...

I have a trogen virus

and it says its uncleanable?????

I can keep computer on for 30 minutes and then it wont do anything.. takes a while to get it back up.... can I buy anything off anywhere to fix this? I am dumb when it comes to this stuff...

I think Marea knows alot... please email her... i am afraid too,, she can email me... shell be safe.... dont post here as it takes too long...

hELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    HELP

• ellenh
    19 years ago

Gloria - I'm a computer geek, didn't you know that. I sent you an email.

Ellen

• jaceysgranny
    19 years ago

Ok guys, here are pics of the famous rock and slate that Jo painted for me! They are so awesome!!!

{{gwi:1265149}}

{{gwi:1265150}}

and here are some more of my blooms ;-)

{{gwi:1265151}}

{{gwi:1265152}}

{{gwi:1265153}}

I'm ready to see some of ya'll's blooms now..c'mon, show 'em off!

Nancy

• jaceysgranny
    19 years ago

Anita we"ve missed you around here> the money for my plants shipping has been sent paypal>

wellMelissa, smaller homes have their good points too, less to clean, more time to garden. When we moved to Arkansas we lived in a 642 sq. ft. cabin and believe me it was no problem to clean at all compared to the 2500 sq. ft. house we moved out of. I have a pretty large home now but we never use the upstairs unless we have company so it's not too bad either. I'm much rather get dirty than clean dirt! lol

Nite all,

Nancy

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

anita glad to see you up and moving. make sure you follow up at the doctor! I will paypal you tonight when I am not running out the door for work!

Have a great day everyone
    MELISSA

• User
    19 years ago

Checking in quick!

Went to Walmart to check out lawn furniture (40 people rehearsal dinner here in my yard--old chairs ripped first time Walt sat down).

Guess what I pass on the way to furniture? Dr. Ruppel clematis for $4.87!!!! Why all the exclamation marks?

Because I paid $20.00 each for them 2 years ago from White Flower Farm in CT.

I'm passing it on in case someone wants a few of these exquisite clematis vines at dirt cheap. "Dirt" cheap, get it? Huh? HAHAHAHAHA, I crack myself up.

3 weeks till blast-off, then I'm back amongst 'you's guys.'

• toomanyanimals
    19 years ago

Gloria, sorry you have the virus. When I was at Lowes on Sunday during the snow storm, they had annuals out in the snow along with the perinneals. I couldn't believe it! But no sale.

Nancy, loved the iris pictures. I hope to get some blooms this year. Great job on the rock and the slate sign.

Anita, glad to have you posting again. Please keep getting better!

Diane, Oh I would love to have Dr. Ruppel. But Walmart is quite a drive for me. I would do it if I knew for sure they had it. I already have 3 clematis, don't know where I would put a 4th. LOL

It has been snowing or raining since Saturday here and this morning I have to go out and dig for several trades. Mud, here I come! So Shirley and Marea, keep an eye out for your boxes.
    Sharon

• onesherri
    19 years ago

Walmart has a way of doing that. :) If you wait long enough, it seems that they will get it. Or claim to have it anyway. I try at all cost not to buy anything from there that isn't blooming, I have gotten a lot of mismarked plants from wal mart. But I have also gotten a lot of more expensive plants from them that were correct too so not trying to be a stick in the mud.:) Sherri

• mareas
    19 years ago

Yipes - miss one day of posting and now poor G has a virus - im so glad that Ellen is ON it for you G - cuz im clueless about what to do - other than scrub the hard drive...
    Nancy - your irises are so beautiful! What are their names? I've got those deep purple ones I already showed you, my pallida are about to bloom & then I have mystery ones coming on - I'll post photos on bloom days!
    Off to temp job with happy thoughts for all - esp. g! marea

• cody_mi
    19 years ago

i got my box from mary today. it was literally packed to the hilt.
    daylilies
    black prince
    pennies worth
    darius
    purity

hostas
    tambourine
    lemon lime

heuchera
    ruby veil
    mt. st. helens

lillium
    big smile
    aubade

heucherella bridget bloom
    dahlia my love
    geranium kashmir white
    monarda fireball
    echinacea ruby glow

cody

• ellenh
    19 years ago

Good morning everyone,

Hopefully I got Gloria straightened out. I gave her lots of things to do to fix her computer.

Cathy - I got your box out yesterday! Oh boy, I wasn't late. I hope that you like it. Getting it out on time feels like a big accomplishment for me. I always feeling like I'm running behind in what I need to do.

Nancy - wonderful irises! I can't wait till I see mine in bloom. In my zone, I still have daffodils and tulips blooming.

Today I go into work late. Hopefully I'll get some things done between the raindrops.

Ellen

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago

Hi everyone
    I have LOTS to say, but no time. I just wanted the world to know how WONDERFUL Shirley is. I received an AWESOME box, jam-packed with the best goodies. You'd have thought I hit the lottery!!! Thanks from the bottom of my heart Shirley. I will be back on later to post all the fabulous things I got. ***Doin' the super-happy dance***

By the way Shirley, your box is just about ready. I have a few things to stick in it tomorrow morning, and it's on its way. Sorry to be so last minute. I am usually early. : ( Not this time. I hope you get it on Sat.

My sister is on her way over so I can show her how to work the new locks on my babies cages. All of our birds are too smart and have figured out how to open all of their doors. I had to buy 10 Master locks!!!
    Thank goodness for Jenna (my sis). She takes such wonderful care of everything while we're gone.

I'm almost done cutting grass for the week. 10 miles worth tomorrow morning, then Plant Delight's, here I come!! Canna, I'll be looking out for you. You'll be the one on the side of the highway with your thumb out and the precious red-head on your hip. : )

B-back later....~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• onesherri
    19 years ago

Diane,
    You didn't mention that they were blooming. :) Just had to go see what they had after everyone else speaking of it. So I bought three different clematis (4.88) and an oriental lily. Had a great sale on round-up. I am all set. Queen of round-up....wouldn't survive without it. LOL

Jo, I love those stones that you painted. You have a quite a talent there. You will do well. :)

G, hope Ellen fixed you up, I don't know how she finds the time between house and kids and gardening. Oh, your plate must be full. :) Sherri

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

anita i pay paled you today
    my box id going out friday morning...nothing like waiting til the last minutes...but better late than never
    MELISSA

• ellenh
    19 years ago

Gloria, Let us know how things went. I know I gave you lots to do to clean up the old computer.

Sherri - the fastest way to help Gloria was to call her. Emailing back and forth would have taken days & days. She was ready to throw out her computer and buy a new one. I told her she could have given it to me. I need a second one. DH, DS, DD & I keep fighting over our single computer. (The kids play games, no ebaying - yet - for them not after my son learned how to click on "Buy it now"
    on ebay.)

Back from work early today YEH!!! Time to make dinner.

Ellen

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

an interesting tip I found today I thought I would share it with you all...

Cleaner birdbaths
    from Margaret Juler, California
    Margaret has a technique her English grandmother taught her years ago to keep slimy green
    algae from growing in her birdbath. She starts with a clean birdbath and fills it with fresh water.
    Then Margaret binds six to eight stems of lavender flowers together with a daylily
    leaf and lays the bundle in the water. One bundle of lavender will keep the water algae-free for two
    or three weeks. During hot weather, she replaces the bundles more frequently. The chemical released by the
    lavender wont kill algae already growing,but it does prevent new growth from starting.

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Nancy,
    Love your iris, soooo pretty.

"G",
    Hope Ellen got you all straightened out. I NEED to know about that envelope with the "X" on it.Please, huh? please?

Angie,
    I may have to do another ebay order from you, I see a couple more lilies you have on htere, I may have to have.
    Maybe a "Red Dutch", a "Yelloween", and most definitely a couple of the "Garden Party". (grin) You will be hearing from me.

I will leave you with a quote;

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like "dirt". - Margaret Atwood

And,
    Here is pic of my Hellebore, bloomed for the first time this year, love the color.

Have a great night,
    Jo

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

Oops,

Sherri,
    Thank you so much for the compliment. I love to paint, I just haven't done much of it in quite some time. I work too much. But now, I find I am really looking forward to painting a lot more, after all, I have to get stocked up for that gift shop.

And, since i had to cmoe back here, I will post another link for my flowers.

This is one of my flower beds in my backyard, last summer.

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago

Morning!
    I am going to be racing the clock today, so I have to make this quick. I'll do my catching up when we are back home on Sun. I had to come post what Shirley sent:

DAYLILIES
    'Rosy Wren'
    'French Doll'
    'Judith'
    'Last Flight Out'
    'Layers of Gold'
    'Ed Murray'

DAHLIA'S
    'My Love'
    'Melody Gipsy'

Iris
    'Night Owl'
    'Thornbird'
    and one marked 'Hi' (is that it's name?)

HOSTA
    'Torchlight'

ORIENTAL LILY
    'Cassandra'

Plastic mini-blind plant markers. Love the color....I always see white ones, but these were like a lt. grey color.

An adorable little "Welcome" stone that has a gnome sleeping amongst mushrooms.

The cutest wooden sign that says "I love county folk". I will have to show you all a pic when I get back. It is very summery and will look great hanging on my porch.

Thanks so much Shirley. I love all the bird related plants. Very thoughtful of you. I am going to do my best to get everything in the ground before we leave today. Funny thing about the gnome....I just saw one that looked really cute in somebody's garden and thought, "Now why don't I have a gnome?" THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Well, DH is leaving work at 2pm and says he wants me standing at the garage doors with suitcase in hand at 2:15. I hope I can make it. We are driving to Richmond today and will get up nice and early so we can make it to Raleigh before PD opens.
    I will of course be taking lots of pictures. We cleaned out DH's truck yesterday so I'd have every available inch for plants. : )

Anita, I'm so glad you are feeling better. Money is in the mail this morning. Thank you.

Well, time to wake up DH.

I'll talk to you all on Sunday.

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• janetlee50
    19 years ago

Ya Hoo! I just won some of glorias wonderful plnats on Ebay! Question..since I have 3 auctions, do I wait for a bill from her with the conbined shipping on them or what? Thanks G........Janetlee

• ellenh
    19 years ago

Good morning everyone

Dawn, I'm jealous - what a great box, I'm still waiting with anticipation for mine!

Janetlee - send Gloria an email requesting an invoice. I've had too many people overpay their shipping by not waiting.

Time to get the house clean. Got an appraiser coming tomorrow. I'm trying to refinance the house.

Ellen

• toomanyanimals
    19 years ago

Taking the daughter in to have her wisdom teeth removed in a few minutes. Just a little scary.

Also, we are watching a deaf border collie this weekend. We have watched her before. She is such a sweetie!!! Border Collie's are one of the smartest breeds!!!! She loves to play, catch frisbie's, balls, cats (LOL). She knows quite a few hand signals.

Dawn, a wonderful box. I had to look up most of the daylilies and iris, beautiful! Have a good time.

Jo, love the hellebore picture. I'm in the middle of a trade right now for one with green flowers. I've never seen a hellebore, so I hope they are as nice as everyone raves!!

• janetlee50
    19 years ago

Hey Ellen...thanks for the information and do you sell on Ebay also..if so what is your seller name....I would look you up.

Don't worry about those teeth...my daughter just had hers done and didn't even get the dreaded dry socket.....Just do everything the dentist says to do....those dry sockets are the worst things...in a couple of days all will be getting back to normal in her mouth......Janetlee

• toomanyanimals
    19 years ago

Thanks Janetlee,
    She did great. She was very funny though coming out of the anesthetic (spelling?). She laughed all the way to the car. Had Mom laughing too.
    Sharon

• veeja11
    19 years ago

Hi all Anita glad you are feeling better, got my friends don't chain friends t shirt, I love it. Here are a couple pics of my rhody dh pruned into a treeI planted all my dahlias today, think spring is here

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

never fear Becky...your box is in tomorrows mail pick up. My fingers are crossed that you get it by Saturday so I don't get kicked out of the next three trades!

I love all the pictures please keep posting

Dianne can't wait to have you back
    Anita glad you are feeling better

I had my check up with the oncologist today and aside from the fact that I am smoking again he was very pleased. Blood work was all good and I don't have to go back until AUGUST!!! I am so thrilled. I will not miss the hour drive every 3 weeks

Hope everyone else is well

MELISSA

• luvmybulbs
    19 years ago

Ok in here for second.

There is a co-op goin on at the other place it is for Heuchera, heucherella and Tiarells (sp) sorry I am in a hurry! But it is for plugs but I only had two so I ordered 18 different ones!!!!!!

Lovely pictures everyone..

• tropsanddune
    19 years ago

You are all angels..i received five boxes, yes, five, and two of them have no names. soooo...to the no names i say....
    1- THANK YOU, CODY for sending me about 15 cuttings of the 40 sedums you mentioned you had..cody, you made me a believer of the goodness of humanity, again. thank you, thank you, thank you.

2-THANK YOU-Deni-i got them....they are beautiful!!! your trilliums, will be planted in their own beautiful pots just like my trycirtis (THANK YOU, JOEY-san--BE AWARE THAT WE ALL LOVE YA)

CANNA--I'm not forgetting ya...those hellebores are very very nice(hehehe, i'm looking for the green one, mmmmm, did someone mention that they are trading for one, or, do have one?? the venus fly trap is growing and gettin fatter, so to speak, there is enough food flying around to keep it gorging.--love it.

MAREA-i love your pots, and the way you are decorating around your home, yard, driveway, trees.

dearest melissa--pls, stop smoking.

MOMMA G--THAT FLOWERFORME1233 GIRL ROCKS.!!!!!

EVERYONE...STAY HEALTHY AND PLEASE, BE NICE TO ONE ANOTHER, AND JUST TRADE FOR THE FUN OF IT...see ya later, gators..

rm/grasshoppa

• toomanyanimals
    19 years ago

rn/grasshoppa, I just traded for a green hellebore. She was a good trader, very nice. Sent me 3 when I had asked for 2. :o) The Hellebore is nameless though and I have not seen it bloom.
    Sharon

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Good Morning Marea, Mary S, Jean, Angie, Joey, RM, Rebecca, Cathy, Susan, Cindy, Debbie, Sherri, Becky, Dawn, Mary B, Ellen, Jo, Melissa, Dianne, Gay, Jaye, Cindy, Janet, Shirley, Sharon, Cody, Nancy, Carol, Deni & last but not least our fearless leader Gloria:)

Get ready for a book!!! Sorry I have missed so much & missed you all.

Debbie,
    I pray all goes well with DH, Mine had a heart attack in 96, nothing to play with, as someone said, Thank the lord they spotted the blockage in time.

Nancy,
    I am so glad you are going to have blooms from me this year, I know you were very excited & then disappointed when I told you it my take 2 years, You will have to post a PIC when they bloom,:) On your Limelight Artemisia, What is the best way to get RID of it, my dear sweet Jo did not tell me the sucker is invasive, so were I planted 3 sprigs last year I now have a 5 foot section covered with it!!Help!!!

Mamma G,
    Please forgive me as I have sinned twice in the last month, once when I told you about the Priority flat rate box, BOTH BOX'S ARE $7.70, IT IS THE ENVELOPE ONLY THAT IS $3.95, My second sin is, I will not be getting Sherri's box out till next week, I have E-mailed her to let her know,

Sherri,
    Please keep all snow your way, I am so over it, Strongly thinking of moving.
    I will let you know when your box goes out. I will only tell you this. I cannot ship it until I get my Marietta order in & that is on it's way today:)

Cody,
    I hope I can get baby David into gardening, I will start young & maybe he will be like you:) It is going to break my heart if he hates dirt:(

Nancy,
    So glad that you will see blooms from the iris I sent you:) I know how excited you were & then I told you it may take 2 years & I know that disappointed you, I feel better now:)
    A few years a go I had a smart a$$ friend tell me the only thing my yard was lacking were pink flamingo;s, so you bet, I had to get 2 of them & put them in my hedge row just for her.
    You better be careful how you word thing's, You should have told them the truth, You have several friends in NY.

Deni,
    On Air Garden Party? Please tell me about this all I keep thinking is a plant swap in the sky!

Mary S,
    After yesterdays weather, I am not sure if spring is even here yet, It has to still be on the cold side in zone 4?

Joey,
    I know I took the time to whine for some of your Mr. Man Iris, but I should have taken the time to tell you how beautiful yours & Ricky's home is,

Carol,
    Love the colors you picked for your home, gives me big ideas, as ours needs painted soon.

Dawn,
    Leroy Brown looks as charming as ever,
    WEED WHACK!!!!!! Oh my, my shoulder hurts every week during the summer, form what I have to weed whack around here, You must still be sore, that fence looks like it never ends.
    Oh, I just loved your Forsythia arbor, very nice.
    PLEASE E-MAIL ME, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT I AM ADDING WITH THE YELLOW PEONY:)

Mary B,
    Counting down the day's till Jo's swap, I sure hope you can still make it, Let me know if you did save the jap Painted ferns for me? & what you would like for them?

Cindy,
    So glad to see you back in action:) I have no clue what plant it could have been, I know someone had said they would trade me JUDITH Daylily this year, was it you?

Melissa,
    Hope your DD is AOK! Oh I felt so bad for you to read you lost your wonderful GayGay deal, I got real lucky, I had all of mine potted up in the basement, but it is so damp I thought for sure I would lose lots of them, Just got them all out & planted & only lost about 5 of them.
    Manicure, oh boy!! That would have bought a new Daylily, People would not know me if I did not have dirt under my nails from spring to fall:)

Rebecca,
    Looks like you may need safety glasses & go alone if you are still allowed in Joann's:)
    That was some trip to the bank, glad you & DD were ok, I could not stop laughing when I read the part about getting a loan to pay for gas, It is getting way out of hand, I sure hope the price comes down soon, as it seems only time we go to town is if DH needs something.
    I hope you found a new Variegated Jacob's Ladder, I LOVED mine, unfortunately lost it last year & have yet to find a new one. I so need to fix my exchange page.

Cathy,
    I was so happy to see you trading again, Hope all is well:)

Sharon,
    I pray your friend is recovery well, Such a horrible thing to happen, That could have been avoided.
    Oh I wish I could go rummage salin, I don't drive & DH HATES them. He just don't understand. Do tell what you & DD done well out salin?

Ellen,
    Glad to see you are better, boy this one sure took a toll on me & set me way back.
    Yesterdays weather made me think spring is not here, It must still be a bit on the cold side in zone 4.

Shirley,
    I could not see your PICS, it say's forbidden, Hey I got to thinking, I better get Dune Lane done & over with before I start on our trade. As I said before I have several Daylily orders coming in & I don't want to mess anything up. Hope this is OK,

Marea,
    Same with our trade, I should hold off, so I don't get overwhelmed, You still have not told me what you want for the Iris & Violas that you sent me last year? Your Rose is beautiful, I just got a HUGE Just Joy rose in a trade that I have wanted just for my Joey:)

Jean,
    How are you doing in your zone 4, Oh I am seriously thinking about moving to a warmer zone. I know what you mean about eBay, I won Elizabeth Ann Hudson, cuz mine did not make it through the winter, & They lady say's, Well I will not be shipping till mid May, she failed to say that in her auction.

RM,
    Great to see you posting, wow what a task to tend 5 boxs!!!

Becky,
    I did not take the time to tell you CONGRATULATIONS, Follow your dream's.

OK, I have more catching up to do, but I have to return some phone calls, I need to find out what Bayberry Row has done, they just called & said they charged me like $20.00 less than what they should have, Going to make me mad if I cant get the Daylilies I want from them.
    Be Back Soon, :)Anita

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Guys, check this out.

~ Canna

• dirtpig
    19 years ago

Canna thats scary..

Darn it!!! I did a big long post with an thank you to Deb for her box..yes I got it yesterday.and now I see it's not here..=-(..just not my day I guess.I will post again later..
    Darn it,darn it..

But Deb know this WOW oh WOW..Nice box of plants..THANK YOU,thank you.

Jean

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Now were did I leave off,
    I see I covered Nancy twice,

Jo,
    Now sweet innocent Jo, DO YOU THINK I DID NOT LOOK AT THOSE WONDERFUL ROCKS YOU PAINTED & WONDERED WHY I DON'T HAVE 1- NOT 1, NOT EVEN A 1/2 OF 1.
    OK I am done yelling at you :) I feel better. I know I told you CONGRATULATIONS for your new venture, inspired by David's Daylilies over the phone, But thought I would tell you again, I cant wait. Oh I am so looking forward to May 14th, Hey how far away would that be for Mary B??? MARY B. PLANT SWAP!!!!!! I forgot were.

Janet,
    I am glad to know all went well with your DD wisdom tooth removal, My DS has to have the same thing done, Now I'm not saying he is a baby, but at 21 he will not go do it unless I go with him:)

Angie,
    Thanks for the heads up on the Co-op, but after what I have already spent this year on Daylilies, I better slow down a bit before DH is having me replaced, & He cant do that cuz I am so looking forward to our 25 wedding anniversary, He wonders why I am working so hard in my flower's, I think in 4 years I should have things just the way I want them, 7 Yep renew our vow's, right were over the last few years have watched as other people have gotten married.

Gay,
    Hope you get your computer figured out, I know you will send one way or the other:) Mine ticked me off so bad earlier, I had almost everyone covered 7 for some unknown reason, BUMP Off Line I Go, Oh I hate that, Did you E-mail Susan? I think someone better if you didn't, it has been a LONG time.

Cindy,
    I know I posted to you earlier, & as I was just coming back, I see Jo saying sorry to you, I too missed it, I am very sorry your Gramma passed away, Wish I could give you a big hug & help you weed to make you feel better:)

Dianne,
    OK, now I know this pneumonia crap has messed with my head, but for the life of me I cant remember who is getting married at your house, Is this the first for you? I think it gets easier each time, We are thinking about renting out for wedding's, Wedding's only not party's.

Oh man I will have to come back again another call I have to take, :)Anita

• ellenh
    19 years ago

Hello everyone

I have a confession to make today. I was a bad girl. I have no money for flowers but I bought this anyways.

{{gwi:1265156}}

Could you walk by this?

Anita - glad to see you back to yourself!

Canna - too funny. Would you marry him - YUCH!

Jean - I've done the same thing more times than I care to admit.

Ellen

• toomanyanimals
    19 years ago

Canna - I live just south of Detroit, glad to say I don't know him!!!!!

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

There are some strange stuff on ebay...except FLOWERSFORME123!! She ROCKS! Thanks so much for the bulbs...enough for a whole bulb garden!!! What do I owe ya?

Now, I have a delimma. My 10th wedding anniversary is next Friday. Is it still socially acceptable to wear black shoes at this time of the year? The little slinky dress I bought has black in it and I already have many pairs of black shoes. *big grins*

RM, your welcome! Dang, I meant to put some trilliums in your box!

~ Canna

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Oh, and the hellebore I sent you blooms green :).

~ Canna

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

i made it to the post office today! sorry I will miss the deadline by a day :( DC# for Becky is 03043490000143128138
    DC# for Dawn is 03043490000143128121. Hope they both arrive safely

anita glad to see you on your keys again...stay well

rm-san thank you for the email

hoping for a quiet weekend of rest
    MELISSA

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

canna wear the black shoes..or if you need an excuse..."black shoes are totally unacceptable after May 1st I need to go buy another pair"

• gaygay
    19 years ago

hi all ,yes ive emailed susan,we will get our boxes sent first of the week,i didnt ask her why she doesnt post anymore.just thought she is busy?gay