SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sassyd_gw

UPDATE: Best Gift Robin 2006

sassyd
18 years ago

Ok, tired of scrolling to the bottom of the other thread.

Whats everyone up too? Been cleaning all day, raining and cold here. Well if I checked my list correctly, we have 3 gifts left to receive and then comes the vote....Erica and Vicki have mailed.....Cheryl can you give us an update, thanks! If I've missed anyone, please let me know...

Comments (111)

• sassyd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I knew I'd make a mistake! The gifts I sent to Vicki can not be voted on! But the gifts she sent me can! Sorry Vic! posted the wrong ones! Here it is....

{{gwi:1247466}}

I have 2 votes in already! Whoohooo!

• faintheart
    18 years ago

Lawwwwwwwwdy, it is SO hard to vote! I feel like a waffle...tryin to decide and wafflin' here and wafflin' there! EVERYONE sent such wonderful gifts!!!

And the BEST part...wonderful new friends have met and are sharing the best of themselves with each other. I am so proud to know all of you if only through GW. DD Melissa has been touched by all of your thoughtfullness and sharing with her. I will share some pics of some of the things you have sent to her hopefully tomorrow. She has your cards and gifts to remind her of how good life is and they mean more than you know...to her AND her mother!

Now I am gonna close this post before I sog it up anymore.

~Faint

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: relaxing robin (aka need more stress robin )

Q

Comments (100)
    Hi, April, it's on it's way!!!!!!!!!! If you winter sow, there will be some seeds to get ready for. Here's the dcn: 0303 1290 0001 1505 7762. Jeanette, you were so kind to me, and I thank you for that very much!!! I always enjoy sorting through the packets of these robins. I hope someone can use what I added. Thanks again for letting me play! It was great! : ) Treasa
    ...See More

UPDATE: update:2006 bday exchange-january-amybabyboy3

Q

Comments (44)
    I'm so pleased that you like your box. I was wondering when it was going to arrive. Are the houseplant cuttings still in pretty good shape? If not, I can send more. The purple and green one is a wandering jew, the solid green one is sweedish ivy, and the other one is a gragon wing begonia. The leaves will get a tinge of pink this summer, and the blooms are a very pretty solid pink. When spring comes I will be able to send you some plants out of my gardens as well. Please remind me, and don't be bashful! :-). Sorry my package was so late. Happy pre-spring gardening friend, Tina
    ...See More

UPDATE: sue's b.c. robin : march : poochella

Q

Comments (54)
    LOL Innocent DJM with doe eyes saying "Who me, drive?" I bolted upright from a deep sleep at 4 a.m. and said "BOOKMARK!" It was really niggling at my puny brain all evening! It is the most beautiful bookmark I've ever owned! Yes! Jan your wonderful box complete with Michigan waterfront postcard arrived today- a welcome arrival after a long work day. I am so grateful you are looking out for my animals! You know me so well: Feline Greenies which are like little 'tempt me' pellets to those felines! They love em! And the doggy chews, and shampoos are much appreciated (well, the shampoos will be met with resistance LOL but much appreciated by we humans!) And Roxy will love you forever for the treats! See smiley, slobbery face here: Jan you don't know how timely your 'foofy' nail care kit is! I've been looking all over for my clear nail polish to preserve my nails for the tough spring workout ahead. Cuticles are in bad shape and POOF: here is an entire nail care supply before my eyes! Thank you so much! And the yummy energy bar of soap will soothe my weary self as the spring marathon outdoors draws nigh. I can't thank you enough for the rubber grippy gloves- I go through tons of them and change them up to 4 times a day if they get wet/too muddy. Can't have enough gloves! The bright delightful ladybug chimes are going to have to join me by the garage garden beds- the house eaves are full! Hopefully they will lure in some lady beetles, and if not; I'll enjoy their soothing sounds in a breeze as I work away. I love the notepaper and envelopes. My elderly mom we call "The great communicator" writes letters faithfully to so many people every day, so we try to return the favor (she doesn't have email!) and she will so love receiving those flowery/country/rustic notes, as did I! And finally something I have not seen before, but laughed at because I am old enough to remember "Fizzies," the little tablets you dropped in water to make a carbonated drink as kids (if your Mom, the great nutritionist/communicator, would let you have Fizzies....) They're Miracle Grow Fizzies! I will use them on my houseplants and deck/rail rider planters/pots in weeks to come! Thank you so much Jan for your wonderful suprises and nice note- from me, and the furry beasts! You have a spot in our hearts forever!
    ...See More

UPDATE: Feb. Thread for Best Gift Robin 2006

Q

Comments (108)
    Good Morning Good Afternoon and if I don't see ya later Good Night I have nasy nasty weather and the day off WHOO HOO gonna try to run out in between showers to get s few things potted. The Jasmine tea last night was great and very relaxing that paired with a good painkiller and I woke up on the couch this morning still in the sitting position...LOL Oh I was also tired from working all day I used the massager/File last night works great on fingernails too. There are so many great gifts bring sent how in the world will we choose a winner?? maybe a message with all photos in it with a number?? How are you gonna chose? V
    ...See More
  • sassyd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

K girls we're waiting on votes from Cheryl, Amy & Vicki and hopefully the feeder will find a new home soon.....Good luck to everyone, in my book you're all winners!

• TinaTN
    18 years ago

Hello everyone. Sorry I have been MIA, but have had the flu and GW has been mean to me and wouldn't let me log in to post. Sorry to hear about Erika's gift to Deb was shattered. How careless of the system! It sure is a hard vote to decide, as everyone did an awesome job of chosing their gifts for their partner!

• sassyd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Whoops! Sorry Tina....didn't mean to forget ya!

• sassyd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Girls we don't have much longer to play in this paticular playground, where are all of you? Still waiting on 3 votes to come in.....

We've all had soooooo much fun with this robin, I'm glad to finally set the feeder free, but a little sad to see it end! You girls have made this the very best robin out there! And its sooooooo appreciated!

• bojo96
    18 years ago

This has been one fun exchange!! Great job on hosting it Sassy. Thanks again to Tina for the perfect gifts. Hope to see all of you next time around.
    Julie

• sassyd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ok, just asking opinions from everyone! I certainly want us to do another one, doesn't have to be immediately, but was wondering (and please know I'll be happy to host another one, but thought this would be fun!) How about if the winner each time hosts the next one????? Give me you thoughts and if thats not do-able, then I'll host it again myself! Just want to know your feelings on it, want my girls back! We don't want to let deadbeats slip in! Just let me know.........

Kudos to all of you! Greatest bunch of girls anyone has ever had! (Especially for my 1st!)

Sassyd

• sassyd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Debbya.....Would it be too much trouble to ask you to send me some receipes?

I just bet you have some good 'uns!

LOL *giggles*

• debraq
    18 years ago

Hello everybody, I sure have missed you girls somewhat fierce.
    Stupid me, tried hard to cut off my big toe while shoveling out from under 18 inches of snow with three-four foot drifts!. Thought I was chopping the ice when in fact I was whacking my foot. OW!! And stupid me, was in sneakers... :>(
    Erica, thank you so much for the beautiful tic-tac-toe stone. I am so sorry it got smashed. I was so upset when I unwrapped it. The four corners were broken off and the little play stones were actually crumbled. They must have just thrown it in the truck. Sometimes I just hate my mailman. I have had quite a few things damaged over the past few years. Where we live, the regular mailwomen has a bad back and takes times off regularly, so I think the people who have to take her shift gets mad and doesn't take the care she does.
    I love it, from the picture it would have fit so nicely in my garden.
    I am still not quite back "on my feet", as I can't wear shoes yet. My doc said I was lucky to have not lost the toe. One of the problems is I didn't go to the doctor right away. thought I could self-medicate it. But when the infection started to go trough my body, I knew it was time to go.I saw him this morning, got antibiotics, salve, bandages, and painkillers, thank god.
    I'll try to come and post when ever I can.
    hope you all are doing ok,
    Hugs, and thanks for the kind wishes.
    Deb ( aka da Queen, lol )

• sassyd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

So glad to see you feelin well enough to post Deb! We have missed our Queen! Feel better!

See debby...i've been cookin' up a storm!

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

DebQ,
    Glad to see you posting again! I hope everything heals very quickly for you!

Keep off that foot, and stay warm!

Hugs,
    Deb

• faintheart
    18 years ago

Welcome back, Queen! ouchie ouchie ouchie!!!!!!! So glad you are getting better....you were missed!

Hugssssssssss,
    ~da Faint one

• faintheart
    18 years ago

...A woman enters a store that sells curtains. She tells the salesman, "I would like to buy a pair of pink curtains."
    The salesman assures her that they have a large selection of pink curtains. He shows her several patterns, but she seems to be having a hard time choosing.
    Finally she selects a lovely pink floral print. The salesman then asks what size curtains she needs.
    The woman promptly replies, "fifteen inches."

"Fifteen inches???" asked the salesman. "That sounds very small, what room are they for?"
    The woman tells him that they aren't for a room, they are for her computer monitor.
    The surprised salesman replies, "But Miss, computers do not need curtains!"
    The woman says,

"Hellllooooooooo. I've got Windoooooows!!!

*gigglesssssssss*

• buffy690
    18 years ago

And The Winner is?....
    LOL
    Just checking in...I popped awake about about 1:50 am and could not get back to sleep.
    As for the robin choose a holiday and let it fly, you can always find something to celebrate,....really if you look hard enough you can find a holiday for everyday of the year....LOL
    Did this when I was a bartender.
    Diane you can check out at the other group I think there are a few links for different holiday sites (regular or obscure)
    Anyway this is fun
    Deb I hate your gift was smashed keep check in your mail there is a surprise coming.
    V

• the_loam_ranger
    18 years ago

Hi, Y'all--

Sorry, but I've been "away"...as a means of explanation, here's an excerpt from my post on the "Sisterhood #1" thread ('kay...I KNOW you're not supposed to do this, but I'm gonna do it anyway...y'all can read the entire post on that thread, if you care to...):

"...The days that have passed since V-Day have been trying for me, and I sorta need a "shoulder to cry on", y'all...

For starters, I'm going thru Master Gardener training... in class ALL DAY on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Then, I usually have to (...want to?...) attend a MG "workday" on Wednesdays, in order to start fulfilling the 80 hours of volunteer work that have to be completed before I can actually receive my designation.

As a result, my generally tidy home is a gawd-awful mess, for, as soon as I get home from class/workday, dinner must be prepared, animals (that have been neglected since the previous day) must be fed and watered (often at night and with the aid of a flashlight), MG reading must be completed, seeds must be sown and plants/cuttings propagated...

As if my schedule and "to-do" list wasn't already crammed enough, I lost a dear family member on the 16th...have had to cope with--and travel to...--hospital visitations, consolation dinners, memorials, funeral services and bereavement dinners since that date.

I've had my little sister in from NC, and while I would normally be ecstatic to see her...at this point, I'm somewhat (ashamedly) relieved that she is now on a plane back to Asheville..."...

So a-a-a-nyway.....I'll be sending you a private e-mail, Diane, as to my vote (not posting my vote, as I've already got enough enemies, thank you--don't need anymore *grin*...)

Best to all,
    Cheryl

• sassyd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I did get your email Cheryl, sounds like you've been having a time of it! Don't forget to take a few minutes out of your day to pamper Cheryl alittle bit!

As far as the voting, everyone of you deserve to win that feeder, but as a lil tiny wise lady told me....we all big girls here and knew going in that only one person can win, but every single one of you sent great gifts and I couldn't be more proud!

Amy & Vicki still waitin'......let me know when you can.

Yucky here!

• sassyd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

V....I agree with you! Its time.......

and to be honest with you I'm a little tired at this point of a very few of us trying to hold this thread together........

If I don't hear from them by this weekend, we're going with what we have.....

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

howdy everyone....just checking in.. i've been doing some wintersowing, so i'm off to search for more jugs. anyone else WS'ing. have a good week..

• sassyd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Erica whatcha w/s ing? I usually have lots going by now but knowing i'mm gonna be moving, haven't done any this year....what do you use to w/s? I have lots of cleaned soda bottles? interested? or do you use something else?

• faintheart
    18 years ago

HIiiiiiiiiiiii!

Wintersowing here for the first time! Sure hope I have good luck...the count so far for me is 28 mostly gallon milk jugs and some half gallon. Running out of containers and I have LOTS more seeds waiting. :/ I am sooooo ready for spring! :)

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

Efrosty,
    I'm starting tomorrow. I started winter sowing earlier last year (end of January). I found out that starting out too early isn't that good anyway. I had huge sunflower plants to transplant in May. The stems were so leggy (and actually leaning over) that I had to use stakes right away. That's when I knew I started too soon.
    I have to clear off a few shelves (move some violets/rearrange misc. laboring leaves) to make room for all the flower seeds. I'm doing a mix--everything from moonflowers to cactus seeds! I picked up a 'mixed' cactus seed pack at a local greenhouse, so really don't know what to expect. I should be able to ID them once they start maturing.
    I'm ready for a houseplant round robin. I'm thinking of hosting one myself. I have so many houseplants/violets (named) that can spare leaves and plants that need 'trimming' that I could make an entire box (large priority) by myself.

Diane,
    I keep peeking in to see if everyone voted yet. I agree that if by the weekend you don't rec. more votes you should go with what you have. :)
    I'm going through my emails, so I'm sure I'll have a couple of tempting recipes for you! ;)

Deb

• bojo96
    18 years ago

Hi all just checking in.
    Been down & out with pneumonia, but feeling a little better today.
    Hope everyone else is doing well.
    Sassy? I must say for a first RR you've done an excellent job and should be patting yourself on the back. It was fun, everyone sent their items & the threads have been ummmm interesting....yeah, we'll go with interesting. LOL
    Julie

• sassyd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Awwwe sweetie we're sooooo sorry to hear that! Glad to see you're finally feeling a little better, but be very careful it takes awhile get over that mess! You take care!

And thanks, I wouldn't trade a single one of you, I feel very fortunate, this has been a very successful robin!

Deb....you're absolutely right, Sunday I will post the winner either way! They had their chance, I feel I've given everyone plenty of time.....just didn't want any hard feelings towards me, but think we've all waited long enough....

Everyone come back Sunday to play, we have to have a birthday party for our Faint one! She'll be 29 and holdin'!

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

I have winter sown several hostas, a few hibiscus, goblin-fanfare blanket flower, eyeball plant, godetia, a few clematis, love in the mist, love lies bleeding, love in a puff.. And a bunch bunch more.. I did some inside now I am working on milk jugs outside.. First year doing this and I am addicted already. IÂm gonna have to have the ladies at work help me plant for exchange of some.. lol

I am getting several from work, the ladies I work with have lots of kids so they go through milk like crazy.. Thanks for the offer. Has anyone tried inside plants yet? Have a weekend..

• buffy690
    18 years ago

I only have indoor sown things right now and have loads of daylily seeds. I amplanning to sow some artichoke seeds in the next two weeks after I check my almanac and the weather forcast. I have not seen any signs of my fall sown poppys at all. Very Disappointing. I love poppies. I think my soil is too rich for them.
    I hope to see who wins soon (I hope it is me..LOL...honesty is the best policy...LOL)
    V

• amybabyboy3
    18 years ago

Diane, I emailed you my vote from garden web. Sorry it wasn't sooner, I am out of town, had the flu and didn't get a chance. Take care, Amy

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

just checking in.. have a great weekend everyone! i got more milk jug to fill..lol

• buffy690
    18 years ago

Hi ya gals
    Hope you all are haveing a great weekend
    our weather here pretty much stinks, but I have been enjoying my indoor work at work...hands in the dirt, transplanting seedling and cuttings we have grown. I understand weather is supposed to get worse before it gets better next week...And I see the voting is not yet finished...so I will check in later to see whats going on.

HAve a great evening
    V

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

Should we meet here at midnight to start Faint's party early?!

I'll check in later!

• sassyd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Deb, I'll try to be here! And will announce the winner causin' it'll be Sunday! Yeppee! I did want everyone to feel they were able to vote, but even if Vicki gets her vote in before midnite, it won't change the outcome.....

I'm cookin' up a storm! Tommorrows not only our Faint's b-day, its also my DH's! Got 2 chocolate pies, (lots of kids) 1 lemon meragine, and 1 pecan pie also a peach cobbler to die for, but won't actually cook it till am....

Also this fab....homemade mac & chees casserole, and a carrot casserole called "Party carrots" anybody else tried them before?, I'm trying for the first time, I'll let ya know how it is! Looks soooooo good!

I'll try to check back in tonight, for sure I'll still be up! lol

• sassyd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday to our Faintheart! Hello? Anybody out there?

Ok, it Sunday! AND THE WINNER IS.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    debbya! hands down! All of you girls did great but this is our leader? So debbya, you gonna host the next one? Let hear somein' good! We're waiting!

Dee.........HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!

So sorry I late!!!!!!!!!

I skeered now!

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

I'm sooo EXCITED and speachless! I can't believe I won! I'll try not to make this too sappy!

Girls, THANK YOU SO MUCH for voting for me! I'm so touched, and of course THRILLED!
    Diane, This has been the neatest swap! Thank you so much for making it happen! You really outdid yourself by coordinating the "BEST" swap and providing a GORGEOUS gift too!

The birdfeeder will be cherished and well used!
    I still can't believe it! AHHHHHH!!! I'm sooooo HAPPY and THANKFUL!

Faint, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Also, Diane tell your DH HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO!

I'm so tired! Its been a long day!
    I'll be more than happy to host the next robin! ;)

TONS OF HUGS!

• sassyd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

to our Faintheart! &

to debbya!

Half asleep but still cookin'! Be back later!

• buffy690
    18 years ago

COngratulations Girlie
    Have a fabulous sunday
    and enjoy that feeder.
    Victoria

• sandlapper_rose
    18 years ago

Congratulations to Debbie.
    Happy Birthday to Faint.
    Thank you to Sassy. You had a great idea and did a wonderful job being hostess.

Have a good day!

• bojo96
    18 years ago

WTG Deb!
    Enjoy your new feeder!!
    Again, Sassy well done on running this exchange, thanks all for a wonderful time thru out this whole exchange. You all made this a truly enjoyable and fun experience!
    Julie

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

Congratulations!!!

debraq-- i will be resending you a box this friday..please email your addy again that way i can start getting it ready.. my hubby was been cleaning, and i can't find anything...lol but i am not complaining.....lol

• faintheart
    18 years ago

{{gwi:1247495}}

Sooooo happy for you, Deb! Let's see pics of the birdies at the new feeder soon. :)

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!!!!! This is one of the best ever! ;)

hugssssssss,
    Dee

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

Dee,
    I promise to post pics of the birds at the feeder!
    I have the perfect tree for it! A really pretty River birch! Right now I have a cow birdhouse hanging where I'm placing the feeder. I'm taking the cow birdhouse down, the birds are scared of it! Its made from some sort of resin material, and is very colorful. I thought it was cute! My Sister lives a few houses down and laughs at it! She was with me when I picked it up at a local nursery and tried to talk me out of it. She was laughing so hard when I ended up purchasing it. She was teasing me that no one puts cows in trees except me!

Deb

• sassyd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hey girls! Hope you all had a great Sunday, especially our Faint! Tina has had a tragedy in her family, her 18 year old nephew was seriously injured in a car accident and things don't look good at this point, but she wanted me to post for her a big congratulations to debbya and to wish Faint a Happy B-day! We'll all be thinking of you and your family Tina!

Debby I'll have your feeder out in the next couple of day, I would say tommorrow, but have a hectic one ahead and don't want to promise and not be able to do it, but I'll have it to ya shortly girl! You enjoy! Can't wait to see your pics of it filled up with birdfeed with feathery friends having a blast!

• debraq
    18 years ago

CONGRATS!!!!Debbya!
    You definetely deserved the prize, ENJOY!

Guess what? I can finally put my left shoe on and will be driving today for the first time. HIP HIP HORRAY!
    Sorry, I haven't been around so much but the med's my poditrist had me on really knocked me off my feet>>>HEEHEE, I guess thats exactly what he wanted to do....
    Luv ya all,
    Deb Q aka "da Queen"

• buffy690
    18 years ago

Hope you all are well
    if you feel the urge to PC Garden at another site
    check this out
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VICTORIASSECRETPLACE/

Spring is almost here
    Keep it Green
    V

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

DebQ,
    Nice to hear from you! I'm glad your feeling better! Also, finally getting around again! You'll have to sign up for the "Bunny Swap" I'm hosting! It won't be the same without you! ;) Hop on over there! And at least keep us company if you decide not to join.

• buffy690
    18 years ago

Hello Gals
    It is very early in the Am here
    I just wanted to stop by and give a Hi

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

The birdfeeder arrived today! It's gorgeous...and larger than I thought it would be! I love the pressed dried purple flowers in between the glass, so pretty!
    I can't wait to fill it up and put it outside! I'm going tomorrow for some birdseed.

Thanks sooo much Diane! I'll always remember how fun this swap was, each time I fill the feeder!

I'm sort of sad to see this thread end!

Hugs,

• sandlapper_rose
    18 years ago

I don't know if any of the group is still stopping by this site, but the amaryllis that I got has been blooming and I have really enjoyed it. So thanks again!
    Here is a picture:

{{gwi:1247497}}

• faintheart
    18 years ago

Post and we will come! It's beauuuuuuuuuuutiful, Jeanne!!!

My sunflowers from Cheryl have been bloomin' right along. :) So nice to see them when it is thunder snowin' out!

Hope everyone is well!

hugssssssss,
    ~Faint

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

Very pretty Jeanne! I've never tried to grow an Amaryllis,
    after seeing the bloom, I might try.

Faint,
    Our weather is really strange too... A micro burst hit a block away. A few garages totally leveled to the ground, roofs blown off, shattered windows. The only thing we really heard was a loud freight train type howl. Also, at the same time the electric went dead. Our yard/house is totally untouched!
    We are so lucky! This happened in the middle of the night (1 am) so we had no idea that we were even in a storms path.

• sassyd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Jeanne that is gorgeous! Lucky girl!

Faint & Deb hope you girls stay ok and out of any storms path!

Diane