SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brandys_garden

Did I do the right thing with my schefflera?

brandys_garden
11 years ago

It's a year old. It's had it's ups and downs. I kept it outdoors all season until fall last year and for about 2 months, it did well. Then it slowly started dying and no matter what I did, and I tried every tip I could find online, nothing helped. Basically Walmart offered me a replacement plant because they felt bad for me. But I didn't give up... I started over with it I cut off the roots which were rotted completely and falling apart and put the last healthy stem in the newly soiled pot and hoped for the best. Well, it worked and it started filling out again.

Recently, I've noticed it's happening again, the leaves are looking weak and paler. So I checked the roots, again rotted pretty much through and it had spider mites. So I cut off to the healthy part and again potted it in clean and new soil. I am hoping for the best but it still has leaves on it. Did I do the right thing?

My replacement schefflera is wonderful, just so you know. It's full and beautiful. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong and keep doing wrong with my older one? I treat them both the same. And my replacement plant is flourishing. Are some just more succeptible to disease or mites?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting