SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cassiet_gw

UPDATE: Check In for Cassie's Valentine Swap

cassiet
19 years ago

Please post here when you send your Valentine package and also please post when you receive your package and what you got. When WVERYONE has posted as received then pals can tell who they had so that no one will be able to guess who they might have before their package arrives.

I eagerly await postings to see what people have received and some have been writing me emails and I know that persons are just gonna LOVE their packages.

Cassie

Comments (100)

• Boomer _Lady
    19 years ago

Mellen,
    I'm jealous!! Hawaii sure sounds good right now. Enjoy your trip. :)

• darlene87
    19 years ago

I received my valentine pkg. today. It had a lot of seed pkg. in, some of which I have never grown. Will have to do a search on them to find out what growth habits they have. Out of all the seed pkg. she sent, I have only grown one of them. It was a nice way to help a cloudy day go by well. Thank you so much secret pal, and may you have a great day.

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Cassie's February Check In for 2005 Secret Pal

Q

Comments (79)
    Debi and Debbie, I have planted seeds outdoors also. I got behind in the winter sowing in containers so I figured I would just try direct sowing on some of them and see how they do. I have noticed larkspur and love in a mist coming up from last seasons seeds so hopefully some of these I am putting out will take off too. My daffodils are starting to open up all over so it is starting to look like spring here. Also the Bradford pear tree is budding out. Of course Oklahoma has a lot of last minute freezes so I am hoping that the cold doesn't get everything. I plan to finish off the last of the winter sowing I was going to do and then I guess I will start planting seeds indoors on window seals. I really do like starting the little plants myself. I know that it doesn't really have a lot to do with me, but I feel just like a proud parent whenever my seedlings turn into plants and bloom.
    ...See More

UPDATE: 2nd thread for Check-In Cassie's Valentine Swap

Q

Comments (100)
    Brittneysgran, someone needs to put you out of your misery. LOL I guess it was only fair, though, since you were the first to declare that you had figured it out. I got a kick out of seeing you at least momentarily baffled. Who was your Pal? Was it A. MudPlayingFamilysMom in SC? B. Dianna? C. MudPlayingMomsFamily? The correct answer is: All of the above! MudPlayingFamilysMom IS Dianna. Yes, I packed and mailed your box. Boxes sent by me are often easily recognizable by the (um, let's just call it creative) packaging methods I use which enable me to pack a heck-of-a-lot-of-stuff into a single container and yet have extremely fragile items and even potted plants arrive safely. To say it bluntly, I probably send the ugliest packages of anyone. ;o) Part two of the answer is that your Valentine gifts weren't chosen by me alone. The kids get into the act of shopping, choosing gifts, sometimes making something, & sharing. We had a blast making packages for people this year. So, it was from Mud..Mom's Family, as well! Shirley, I hope that you enjoy the contents for years to come and look forward to the day that we hear that those hoyas have intertwined. Won't that be so cool?! My screen name is so loooong to type. Just call me Mud...Mom or Dianna.
    ...See More

UPDATE: Cassie's April Check In for 2005 Secret Pal

Q

Comments (38)
    Cassie I haven't received a package this month yet. I did mail mine out earlier. Debbie, I used to have a lot of trouble with the bunnies too until I tried a simple trick. I bought a few rubber snakes and put them around my garden. You have to move them every couple of days or the rabbits catch on, but it does work remarkably well. The only down side is that I have scared a few of my friends also. Debi, I hope your weather warms up soon. It has been beautiful here. The only thing needed is a little rain.
    ...See More

UPDATE: Cassie's June Check in for 2005 Swap

Q

Comments (53)
    Hello Everybody! Granny your dog is sooo cute! Love everybody's pictures! I got package today from my Secret Pal, and everything was so wonderful! I loved it all! My Secret Pal made me the most beautiful garden wreath I've ever seen! I Love it! The wreath is green hose, with beautiful flowers, a garden glove & shovel attached...it is awesome! Looks beautiful hanging on my front deck.. I also got a small wicker basket with Summer bouquet of silk flowers in it, it's adorable. And, the neatest sunhat I've ever seen. It's in a littl pouch, you take it out and it pops open, it's so cool! I also got two jars of jam a strawberry & a Peach, I'll smack my lips for everybody..lol And, she sent me four cute, soft, teddy bears.. Once for each of my Grandchildern, she even put each of their names on the tags.. My Secret Pal is sooo Sweet! Big..Big.. Hugs! Secret Pal, here are the answers to the questions you ask me in letter. Yes, I have a small veggie garden. I love zucchini, I love all veggies. My kitchen table is oval, seats six. My kitchen is color is melon, color of cantalope. I love casual jewlery, and too always lean towards "small and refined".. Hope this helps, Thanks again ever so much! I loved Everything, a very special package as always! Big Hugs! Debi
    ...See More
  • gardnwatch
    19 years ago

I sent my valentine pal her package in yesterday's mail.

Bonnie

• MargeC
    19 years ago

I must be doing something right. I sure got a nice Valentine box from my s.P. Really, Really nice. Several nice things for Cross Stichers, A great cook book, A lovel Angel, Heart box of Chocolate Truffles. Also some seeds. I havent raise them either. Also the cutest pad for my frig. Has a lovely rooster on it. Well, enough bragging. Thanks, Thanks, Ect. Marge

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

Cassie,
    Don't tell Poochella but I lost my name to who I send to.
    I don't want her to know after her card incident. This is WAY WORSE.
    I'm not taking the blame so I will blame it on the girl who did my job when I was gone last week. I printed it off and deleted the e-mail SOOOOO now I'm in trouble. I have looked my desk over (AND CLEANED IT UP) and I can't find it. I have e-mailed you 3 times but you must not have gotten them? This is the only other way I know to find out. My secret valentine can not be left out.

Mellen- You will love Hawaii, wish I were going again.
    Do visit the polynesian culture center (it was my favorite place).

Love and hugs to all especially my secret valentine who will be late getting her box ...LOL.... so sorry

Shirley

• veeja11
    19 years ago

My box is mailed and should have been received the 2nd

• askewgardens
    19 years ago

Whoopee! I got my SVP package today! It's full of lots of fun stuff! Let's see I got a very nice valentine card, a cute little valentine lady bug, Ghiradelli double hot chocolate mix, yum yum! A cute plate with a piggy on it, a Valentine mug, a journal I'll use to keep track of what I plant where! A really sweet retro styled valentine heart full of chocolates. Pencils with heart erasers, heart shaped candles, a ceramic heart ornament, a pocket calendar, lots and lots of new seeds! and best of all a honey pot! (I don't have one! well, I do now, but I didn't before!) Everything was nicely wrapped in tissue, (Why didn't I think of that? Sorry to my pal who just got her things in a box, no pretty wrapping :( ) THanks so much!

Can we do this again for Easter???

Cassie, The photo I sent you last week is of my veggie garden, I border it with zinneas and bright lights chard, usually a bluebird lives in the birdhouse, too bad she wasn't there when my husband took the picture!

• lunamoon
    19 years ago

Sounds like everyone is getting some great stuff! I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my package. I'm so impatient.... LOL

I forgot to post that I mailed out my package to my Secret Pal on Wednesday. I hope she likes it!

• Eliz33
    19 years ago

Cassie mine will be going in the mail tomorrow!! Hope my SVP like there package!!!

• Poochella
    19 years ago

Shirley you can tell ole Poochella anything as chances are, I will forget it in a matter of hours LOL! I don't know what's worse- losing your Pal's name/address or having the name/address and sending a dopey card.

I'm having fun reading all the posts. Another great group of Garden webbers.
    Poochella

• garden_fever_girl
    19 years ago

Hmmm....wondering if that honey I got is "homegrown" it has a tastes really great! Oh yes and there was so much stuff I forgot to mention the really pretty notepad and pen I got (probably cause I stuck it right on my fridge..lol) Well, whoever my pal is---thanks again! I have a cold and that honey in my tea tonight is sure yummy...

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

Thanks Cassie,
    I got my name, yep that's it. I will keep up with it this time. I will have to add a few more goodies to make up for the mistake. I think she will be pleased. I hope to get out in my gardens today, so she may really get something from her wish list. The sun is already up and it's supposed to really get warm here today.

Poochella - My memory is the same, anyone can tell me gossip and they don't have to worry I can't repeat it because I have forgotten what they told me. (Maybe that's why they tell me all the juicy gossip all the time).

I've got to get busy and get this HOUSE CLEANED. My brother is coming in for my Mom's B-Day. I actually found him 3 years ago, and LOVE HIM SO. He was adopted when he was born and we never knew him until I found him. I live in NC and he was living in SC all the time. I searched and searched and finally found him. I love the internet, that is the reason for us knowing each other now.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day and keep posting all those yummies you get for Valentines Day.

Shirley

• gulliblevolunteer
    19 years ago

A box arrived yesterday - no card but it must be from this swap because of all the hearts! I received a nice blankbook with hearts on the cover, a birdfeeder that the starlings will love! and is light enough to hang from the door awning, three pretty "blue rose" floating candles, a little heart-shaped memo pad in a rose stand, some individually-wrapped candies, and a whole bunch of seeds! in a yellow cache pot. What a thoughtful gift - Thankyou Valentines Secret Pal!

• cassiet
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Just a note... some people will be getting more than one box as a couple of people have ask to send an add't box to someone who has been extra kind to them during the past year. So some will be EXTRA surprises!!!

Cassie

• uptreasa
    19 years ago

It has been so much fun reading all of these wonderful posts. What sweet gals you are! This is such a nice idea. I will have to prepare for a possible Easter one! Thanks, Cassie, for spreading all this sweet love and kindness!! : ) Treasa

• cassiet
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Veeja11,
    I have ask your pal to post if they have received package! Okay folks we are doing good with getting our packages out. I will have to post a cont. thread soon!!! I am so glad everyone is enjoying this. I mailed my packages today.

Cassie

• cassiet
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Sue posted her package on my secret pal site... so I am pasting it here as it is for her valentine package. Here is her message below for her Valentine Pal

wanted to let me secret valentine know I recieved the box today & was very pleased with it .
    inside I found
    heart brass 2x3 picture frame
    magnetic notpad with red hearts
    nail file with angels
    reclosable baggies for seeds :))
    matal heart cookie cutter
    brass humming bird sachet holder
    bag of hearts & flowers pasta

thank you all for a nice trade
    sue

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    19 years ago

It took Cassie to set me straight. I thought this gorgeous gift was from my secret pal instead of my "Valentine" pal. I have an absolutely lovely box sitting in my kitchen that arrived on Friday, I believe. It's so pretty just like it is that I don't want to mess it up by opening it! Can you believe I've held off for two days now? Started off that I was holding on to it until today so that I could pretend that it's a big birthday present. I guess I'd better take a picture to remember it by and force myself to unwrap it. My dear Valentine pal may be suffering while she waits to hear what I think of what's INSIDE the box. I love the outside. Yes, I do!

• veeja11
    19 years ago

Happy birthday muddy mom, hope you are having a wonderful one

• earthlydelights
    19 years ago

Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday dear MudMom,
    Happy Birthday to you :)

Hope you have/had a wonderful day!

• dawnb818
    19 years ago

(F)Happy Birthday and manyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more.......

• darlene87
    19 years ago

I am posting again. I did post that I received a envelope with seed packages in, no note, or card, so I have no idea of who it is to be representing. But yesterday I got this big box in the mail, and was floored with all the super items in it! This gal really went out of her way! Let's hope I don't forget anything. A real sweet bamboo birdhouse, I only have 48 outside now, and they are squabbling over the holes, so another one will help. A jar of rooting hormone, which will be used when I root the geraniums I held over. A bag of popcorn....(I can't have candy on my medical diet)! That is the pits huh? A lovely garden angel statue. A bag of Osmocote for fertilizing. A lovely Farmer's Almanac Calander. Instead of a heart recipe, a whole magazine, "cooking for 2", with recipes for my diets. Four writing tablets to use as I write a lot to older people via snail mail. And last, a super lovely tapestry handbag with birdhouses all over it, and inside was a laprobe with birds all over it. This lovely lady went way out of her way, far beyond what was expected. I can hardly wait to find out who she is, then to thank her personally. The calander is up now, popcorn is used, and the rest is being put to use. Thank you so much valentine secret pal and may you have a great day and a super good year.
    Darlene

• Poochella
    19 years ago

Happy Happy Birthday MudPlayingFamilyMom!
    For all your goodness and devotion--- the huge flaming birthday cake of love! No Calories and therefore qualifies for the Heart Smart diet.

Enjoy your special day!
    Poochella

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

My package will be going out today.

Shirley

Here is a link that might be useful: Mailbox

• lhmkc
    19 years ago

I got my package today what a great surprise....there was a precious moments caterpillar, a box of truffles, a box of andes candies (I remember eating these with my grandfather), a sunflower thermometer, raspberry sachet, garden gloves, a red teddy bear, green tea spray, 2 garden signs one is a welcome and the other says 'free weeds pick them all' Thank you for the great box

• lunamoon
    19 years ago

Happy Birthday MudPlayingFamilysMom!
    I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

• dawiff
    19 years ago

OMG! OMG! OMG! I just got the MOST WONDERFUL Secret Valentine package! I wish my Secret Val Pal could see me right now cause I can hardly sit still to type! What an absolutely stupendous box! Full of the most wonderful stuff! I am going to wear out the exclamation point on my keyboard!!!!!

I don't know who my Pal is, but she is a mind-reader! Absolutely clairvoyant! Do you all want to hear about the coooool stuff that was in my box?

First thing I opened was a jar of English clotted cream. Did you know, Secret Val Pal, that DH is a Brit? Second thing I opened was scone mix! My dear old auntie from Scotland used to make the best scones, I can hardly wait to try this mix out. And some delicious looking raspberry jam, which DH and I both love.

Then Wedgwood Strawberry Tea, a cute little pink drawstring bag with all kinds of bath stuff in it that smells soooooo wonderful! Let's see, what else? Little pink Valentine candles, a bunch of wonderful seeds for all kinds of plants that I've never grown before (and that I don't have in my winter sowing stash), and two beautiful china tea cups with pink roses on them. A lovely Victorian Valentine with cute little cherubs on it, and three heart-healthy recipes (DH loves lentil soup!!) A printout of the words to the old song Tea for Two, which my Dad used to sing to me when I was little.

And finally, an adorable little wire basket teapot stuffed full of chocolates (many of which have been stuffed into me while I've been sitting here typing).

And she even remembered a treat for my cats! The cutest little catnip stuffed lobster, which they of course found right away while I was opening up all the other stuff. (Teeth marks from your cat? I never saw any sign....Tee Hee!)

So now, I am crammed full of choccies, and my kitties are stoned from the catnip! What a great day! You might think it doesn't get any better than this, but....my Secret Pal from the other year-long Secret Pal Swap that I am in also sent me a box that arrived today, and it was just as cool! So now I am off to the update thread to post about that!

Thank you thank you thank you SO MUCH from the bottom of my heart-healthy heart, and thanks to cassie for organizing this! OMG, I just wrote a book here.

• gardnwatch
    19 years ago

I received my valentine box today, and yes valentine pal...I do really like my box full of goodies.. especially the chocolates. He he he... you must divulge what kind they are and where I can get them when this exchange is over. They are mouth-watering.I've already eaten three pieces. I also got a wonderful heart-healthy recipe for oven barbecued chicken. The recipe sounds delicious and healthy. My pal also sent me a stationary set...a weekly planner..two packs of seeds for my garden..two refrigerator magnets that are darn cute...a bar of smokey Hickory Farms cheese...a great little calendar to stick in my purse or on my bulletin board, and a very nice card with a special message. All of these nice gifts were wrapped in cute paper ..so special. Thank you so much Valentine Pal for your thoughful gifts.....they are super and so are you. Happy Valentine's day...

Bonnie

• TREESA207
    19 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY....MUDDY MOM! SO ARE YOU GONA TELL US ?
    we all are waiting to hear what was in your box!!!! How can you stand NOT to open it?
    Get on with it sister, rip that baby open NOW!!!!!

• gulliblevolunteer
    19 years ago

Happy Birthday MudPlayingMom!

• RainbowLake
    19 years ago

Happy Birthday MudPlayingFamilysMom! Hope you have a year filled with fun and happiness!

• RainbowLake
    19 years ago

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!

I received the prettiest package today. It was wrapped in red tape and covered with hearts and roses. I hated to mess it up by opening it, but I managed to force myself to do the deed. Inside was a cute Valentines bear (white with red shorts), a little bottle of Cordon Negro, chocolate truffles, a bath spongie, fizzing bath balls and a little envelope of bath confetti. Everything needed for a little romantic Valentine tete de tete. And to finish off, a red heart candle holder with a red candle inside to set the mood. There were also 2 Valentine stamps. Thanks you so much Secret Pal. I will really enjoy my Valentine party!

Karen

• ChooChooGal
    19 years ago

Hello To All Of You,

My package was sent Friday. It should arrive no later than Wed.I was away for the Weekend.

Today, I received a great Box from my SP. It contained the Following:

3 Pkg Of Seed
    A Bag Choc Hearts
    Hand & Body Cream
    Choc Mints
    Hot Beverage Mixes
    Soap
    Candle
    2 Great Recipes
    A Buggs Bunny Ornament
    A Flower Note Pad
    Crab Apple Jelly. . .Yummy Yummy
    Not Just One, but Two Recipes

• grannymarsh
    19 years ago

Happy, Happy Birthday Dianna !!!

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    19 years ago

Thank you all for such rousing birthday greetings! Yes, I finally caved in to the pressure and celebrated my b'day by opening my gift last night. That package gave me the pleasure of anticipation for a couple of days before opening - Double gift! Can't say that I "unwrapped" it, though. LOL It was taped so securely that, I swear, it took me 15 minutes to get into it; the whole time surrounded by 8 kids prodding me on. (One was my baby grandson. I think he just wanted me to hurry so he could get a diappy change.) By then, you can bet I was eager to find out what was inside! So...think strawberries! There was an adorably cute froggie w/suction cups to stick to an outside window. Hidden in his tummy is a thermometer. Now I don't have to turn on the outside lights to see what the temp is at night; it's right there where I can view it easily.
    An (even more?) adorable figurine of two bunnies snuggle together was nestled comfortably in the box. I figure the bunnies have had their fill of strawberries and are ready to snuggle down, and the froggie spends his days hopping around zapping the bugs.
    A gift bag FILLED with strawberry candy. (I'm sucking on one right now.)
    A tin of strawberries and creme lifesavers.
    Red lollipops.
    A very attractive decorative tin container which can be used to hold a good sized square pot with...
    A daylily inside - "Strawberry Candy", of course!
    A very sophisticated looking scented, spiral pillar candle.

Pal, opening that box WAS my b'day celebration. No cake, no icecream, no songs. We all celebrated by opening your box. (My 22yo did give me a bag of clay pots and a craft book on making cute things w/clay pots). Even though they oooh'd and aahhh'd over the contents, this was the first "pal" box that I've opened that my kiddos didn't try to sweet talk me into giving them the goodies. LOL Not because they didn't want them; they just wouldn't dare try to take my b'day present from me. I gave them each one piece of candy and put the rest up. The frog is already on the window. I do have a real treefrog who spends his summer nights on my bedroom window. Now I can have one year-round.

Thanks, pal! You may not have signed your card, and you may have used someone else's return address, but I know who you are. We really are going to have to meet someday in person. Thank you so much for a wonderful birthday!

• cassiet
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Dianna,
    Not to fear you kept US in suspense also. The good thing about THIS swap is you will get to know your pal SOON... I'm so glad your B-day was very happy and that you so enjoyed your box.

Cassie

• PlantladyJan
    19 years ago

I received my Valentine package!
    It came in a beautiful envelope filled with bright colored hearts! Ok here goes inside I found the following:
    a baggie filled with candy...a nice assortment
    a package of swiss miss hot cocoa mix, a bag of popcorn,some seeds (herbs which I love and can use) a recipe of smoked turkey and apple salad, some paper for scrapbooking, some candles.. gel flowers (real cute) and a knitted heart green and white. I thank you my secret valentine!!! I hope you have a wonderful valentine's day and Birthday!! I thank Cassie for having this swap. I hope all of you have a Valentines day filled with love. I am happy to be a part of this group and enjoy reading what others have shared with their pals. That in its self is heart warming!! Happy Valentine's Day!! Think Spring!!

• cassiet
    Original Author
    19 years ago

All packages should be in the mail by now!!! If you have not sent your package PLEASE send.. several have not posted as sending as of yet

Cassie

• cassiet
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Okay here is what I have:

Not posting yet as having mailed
    MudPlayingMom
    Julus_Pahl
    zztopsoil
    ggwrn
    Darlene87
    Eliz33
    Judgemarykali
    Compost Chick

Those not posting as being received
    Judgemarykali
    BritneysGran
    Luna Moon
    Eliz33
    UPTREASA
    Kylie2x
    CindyFla
    veeja11
    djm906
    julus_pahl
    hija_da_lamdre
    GrannyMarsh
    ZZtopsoil
    Poochella

Please post and/or please send. A reminder note is being sent

Cassie

• Eliz33
    19 years ago

Mailed several days ago!

• djm906
    19 years ago

Mine was mailed last week on the way to the Emergency Room as we passed the post office!

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    19 years ago

Mine was supposed to go out today, but didn't. Some dear young person decided that the last of my packing tape was just what they needed for *who knows what*. AGH! Didn't have time to go get more before the P.O. closed and couldn't carry my box 'til I had tape. (Pal, you'll understand that last sentence when the box arrives.) It'll still get to you before "V" day.

Guess I'm just not as dedicated as djm! Wow! Swinging by the P.O. on the way to the ER?! That's some dedicated pal! Now, I'm wondering if everything's okay.

• Eliz33
    19 years ago

DJM is everything OK now. That is real dedication. I can't wait for my Val to get their package. Hopefully today!

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    19 years ago

Got a fresh supply of tape this morning. :o) The box made it OUT THE DOOR and into the hands of the trusty (please be trusty this time!) postal workers. I think my pal is gonna like this. Mmmhmmm, I do.

• Eliz33
    19 years ago

Yeahhhh I got my Valentine Package today!!! My very wonderful valentine sent me Chocolate really yummy soft with peanut butter inside. A huge coffie mug with candy in it. A little heart candle. A very wonderful and thoughtful book have started reading it is great. 4 iris's 1 lily and a cute little teady bear with a tulip planted in it. I love doing these. Thank you very much for such a great box. I am very lucky. Also I would like to thank Cassie for being such a good Hostess. Have a great day all espically my valentine as you made mine!

• djm906
    19 years ago

Yes, good thing I mailed it because they kept me there at the hospital for 6 days. Deep vein thrombosis. Just got home yesterday evening and am on blood thinners forever. Every morning have to drive to hospital to get blood drawn so they can determine the days dosage of coumadin! (sigh!)

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    19 years ago

Oh,my, Djm! I'm glad they discovered that before things got worse! Take care of yourself, dear. I hope you have an absolutely FANTASTIC Valentines Day!

• gulliblevolunteer
    19 years ago

according to the seed exchange she just hosted, hija de la madre/Jennifer went into the hospital last Sat. to have a baby. That may be why she hasn't posted :-)

• Boomer _Lady
    19 years ago

djm,
    Oh my goodness. I'm also glad they discovered the problem before it got worse.

Please take care!

• Poochella
    19 years ago

Oh My: DJM you are THE most dedicated of them all "Let's just stop at the PO on our way to the hospital...." Only a true Garden Webber would utter such words.
    I hope all is well. A thrombosis in no laughing matter;
    note the attention long distance flying is getting recently. You all move your toes and legs, exercise your muscles while sitting on those long flights or you'll be at risk.
    Djm if the trips to the lab daily are difficult ask your doctor to make a referral to Visiting Nurse, assuming you have that, usually every county has a VNS/ Public Health Nurse service. They will come to you, grab your blood, get it to the lab, and talk with the doctor about dosages. Could be a big time/energy saver for you. Just a thought.
    Hope you stay well!
    Poochella