SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliceg8

Container Gardening

aliceg8
15 years ago

Now that Bonnie's helped me post pictures again, here are some photos of some of the container gardening I've been doing this summer.

On my front porch - the ivy geranium is one I got on sale at the end of last year and then overwintered.

These plants along the driveway haven't turned out as nice as I'd like. It may be too hot for the nasturiums - they have little brown speckles on them and the flowers are kind of ugly. The tall Dahlia is being eaten by something (leaves) and the flowers aren't very nice. They brown before the blossom is fully open. But the petunias are doing nicely and the geranium in the pot of creeping Jenny is something I overwintered. There are also 3 scented geraniums which I just love!

I like this little combo on the other side of the driveway. It's in partial shade. Especially like the daisy color against the coleus. It doesn't show very well, but the flowers of the "Rosy Shades" viola are very sweet.

Up near the garage door is this grouping. I really like the red verbena against the dark sweet potato vine. The little violet flower is Scaevola aemula "New Wonder". In the background are lilies that were deep wine red and Clematis "Piilu"

This is on the front step also... very fond of the dark petunia against the sweet potato vine. It was kind of cloudy when I took this picture, but you get the idea.

And in the shade I have this big metal trunk. That's a Will Goodwin clematis in the background. Starting to brown out a bit... not sure what the problem is. The coleus hasn't done much all summer, finally starting to grow a little now. The creeping charlie is a late edition, and I really like it!

Alice

Comments (6)