SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kilngod

Rerouting duplicate Rating threads

kilngod
17 years ago

Hi All,

I've been doing this and notice others are too. I'm pasting my new standardized posting so that I don't have to keep typing it...and so you can use it too (feel free to modify).

I'm including links to the member's original Rating Thread, and also instructions for how to do a search. Chemocurl, I noticed your rerouting posts sound less dry than mine... I'm thinking that if we add this "how to search" in addition to an original-ratings-found-here link, we might slowly be able "weed out" this duplication problem. It may be a longshot, but...

I've found that one member's rating post I had rerouted has alread gotten another new thread started again (now Ibartoo has 3)...so there are enough people who are not doing searches, and if gardenweb can't fix it maybe we can :)

The post I'm currently using is below, I know it's stiff, but I hope to keep it instructional/direct. Comments welcome, we can make a nice hybrid if we want to all us the same one:

To keep this Rating forum effective:

Please do a search for the member before starting a new thread.

*Go to the center of the page...right below the postings (not the one at the very very bottom of the page)

*Enter the name

*Check the box for "This Forum"

(so it doesn't search the whole Gardenweb site)

*Click Search.

To leave feedback for MEMBER, please go to MEMBER'S Original Rating Thread (link is below).

Thanks,

Tina

(PS. The capitals are just so I can find that MEMBER text and replace it quickly with the appropriate name.)

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville