SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boring24

update: obf june swap - gettin' dirty - thread 2

Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
15 years ago

{{gwi:1237131}}

Okay, so on the last post of the first thread, I left another hint as to the cleaning product the contest is about.

The jingle (from the 80's) ENDS with, "...but the finish is fine!"

Comments (60)

• skohler
    15 years ago

WOW & DBL WOW My Work is cut out for me this evening
    I received My great box from SHIRLEY (BRITNEYGRAN)
    I have just the spot for the most of them :))) Next to my pond The one huge project I have going on this summer.
    I can only work on it in the evening & early morning so its going to take awhile to get it done . I posted the before & after it is finished I will post the end :))

Shirley are you sure you have a garden left ???
    Here's my DIRTY Hands list :))
    IRIS CHAMPAGNE ELEGANCE
    IRIS BEVERLY SILLS
    IRIS BUBBLING ANGEL
    IRIS VITA FIRE
    IRIS WILDCAT PAJAMAS
    IRIS SCARLETT RIBBONS
    IRIS JESSIES SONG
    IRIS MULLED WINE
    IRIS CREAM CAKE
    IRIS SERENITY PRAYER

LA.IRIS VOODOO MUSIC
    LA. IRIS BRYCE LEIGH

DL ELLEN CHRISTINE
    DL SPACECOAST COOL DEAL
    DL SPLENDID TOUCH
    DL ALAQUA
    DL FORTY SECOND STREET
    DL FOOLED ME
    DL CAT'S CRADLE
    DL SEMINOLE WIND

JAP. IRIS SANDSATION
    JAP. IRIS FRILLED ENCHANTMENT
    JAP. IRSI FRECKLED GEISHA

SIB IRIS SHIRLEY POPE

WHAT A HUGE SELETION I KNOW I WILL LOVE THEM ALL
    AS ALWAYS YOU HAVE WON MY HEART THANK YOU .

THERESA : THANK YOU for Hostessing this month it was fun .

Monday I start my eye drops again for i go in on the 19th to have the cataracts removed from left eye so might not be on as often .

well you all have a great weekend & again thank you all .

susie

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Susie, that is a wonderful box! All those iris & dl's will be gorgeous next year!

The usps website says that Anita's box was delivered today. I hope that everything made it OK & that she is happy with it.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Melissa

• Related Discussions

update: obf march days swap continued

Q

Comments (102)
    Wow! Did I ever receive a box from Sue! It was worth the wait! I don't even know where to start on my favorite things as I loved it all! You did an outstanding job of spring and purple things! Rec'd: Large bag of tulips purpled with pride blend Large dinnerplate dahlia bag of Sparaxis bulbs bag of freesia bulbs poppy grow kit garden rock with purple flowers and lady bug on it beautiful spring sign done in pastels hand rake-needed this, can't find my other one purple garden gloves black cherry candle-love the scent purple water bottle small mini fan solar dancing bee-nurses at hospital have these sitting on their station desk and I loved them, had never seen them before, so was excited to see one! frog and snail pot holders package of jobe's fertilizer spikes slinky in purples and pastel colors-very fun absolutely beautiful gem stones polished and ready for necklaces-LOVE these and pair of earrings made with polished rock-gorgeous!!! I am thrilled with my box! Thank you so very much!
    ...See More

new: obf june swap - gettin' dirty!

Q

Comments (150)
    The baby will be here between Thanksgiving & Christmas. LOL That's how much we've narrowed it down! Seriously, the new date is November 25th, but my last 3 have all been 2-3 weeks overdue, so I honestly don't expect this one until mid-December. We had an original due date of December 15th, but that isn't lining up with how big I'm measuring, the baby's length..etc. So, we think that back at the first of March when I had the miscariage, that it was possibly twins...and I only lost one. My midwife says that there is no way to know for sure (I refuse any invasive tests beyond ultrasound), so we'll just see when this one decides to pop out. If it's earlier, then we know. The only thing we know for sure is that it doesn't have a winkie. LOL It'll be my luck that I'll carry PAST Christmas....I seem to have the gestation period of an elephant. UGH. LOL Okay...was that TMI?? :O)
    ...See More

may obf swap part 2

Q

Comments (141)
    all is calm right now here on the home front my step mother is with her family till they get her weight down sugar leveled out & the sodium level up bit . need to get my yard mowed today it is warm out there . don't need a heat stroke :( susan : so sorry you can;t be with us for awhile :) but if & when you ever want to come back in for trades please feel free to do so :)) Beth I believe you are the only one of the group that has not Hosted since we started the group & would like to ask if you would like to take on the SEPT swap theme ?? can you let me know ? SANDLAPPER/JEANNE I don't think you have hosted either right ? Is there anyone in our group who has not hosted a swap yet ?? I need to get my paper work up-dated . here is what I have so far correct me if I'm wrong . or if you feel you will not be able to do your monthly swap . wish everyone a safe weekend susie JANUARY ---KLICKITAT--- FRUITCAKE SWAP FEB-----LLBEAN------VALENTINES SWAP MARCH---DIZZYDAFFODIL----butterfly swap APRIL----AMYBABYBOY---EASTER LILY SWAP MAY----RAGGEDYANNE---PLANT SWAP JUNE---LIL_GREEN_THUMB---PATRIOT SWAP JULY --SKOHLER---INDEPENDENCE DAY SWAP AUG---SASSYD---COOKBOOK SWAP SEPT --- OCT---LUNAMOON-- HALLOWEEN SWAP NOV--SGUANZON-- DEC-- CEDARNEST--- XMAS HOSTED 06-07 LIST AMYBABYBOY3 /AMY -----------APRIL 07 BETH_B_KODIAK/BETH ??????????? BRITNEYGRAN/SHIRLEY-------SEPT 06 CEDARNEST/NANCY-----------DEC 07 DANCINGMOON/TRISH ----- TAKEN TIME OUT DEBBYA/DEBBY------------------NOV 06 DIZZYDAFFODIL/SUSANN-------MAR 07 EARTHLY DELIGHT/MARYANNE-----DEC 06 GIVERNY4ME/SUSAN--------------TAKEN TIME OUT KLICKITAT/JULES------------------JAN 07 LIL_GREEN_THUMB/KIM ------ JUNE 07 LLBEAN/LAURA----------------FEB 07 LUNAMOON/JENELL----------OCT 07 MELLEN/MARYELLEN--------APRILL 06 MMQCHDYGG/TINA ???????? NYVOICES99/ANITA---------JUNE 06 RAGGEDYANNE/ANNIE------MAY 07 REMY/REMY-----------------OCT 06 SANDLAPPER_ROSE-------- SASSYD/DIANE--------------AUGUST 07 SGUANZON/SUE------------NOV 07 SKOHLER/SUSIE ------------JULY 07 THERESA24/THERESA-------MAY 06 VEEJAY11/CAROL -----------JULY 06 ZABECC/ELIZABETH ??????
    ...See More

update: may obf swap abc's of gardening

Q

Comments (150)
    Hi All, I hope everyone is doing good. I finally took my brother and his fiancee out to eat! His birthday was only March 6th, lol. It was fun. Theresa, Lol about the rain! It figures, but I'm sure everyone had a wonderful time. Congrats on the win! Shirley, Autograph, Lol! Dawson is lucky to have you living right next to him : ) Melissa, "cross between Barney Fife & Jeff Foxworthy. Clumsier than a blindfolded 3 legged mule" LOL!! That is just too funny. Gary can be an idiot, but he's a big boy so he usually breaks everything around him as opposed to him breaking, lol. Annie, Cross stitch! I knew you did something exceptionally well with cloth. Anita, Wow you are nuts with running a co-op with all those plants and having a wedding. Mellen, I'm suppose to have Monday off, but the weather report looks ugly as of right now, cold and rain. If it stays bad, I'll be working on Monday and having off on Wednesday to send. I'll keep you updated. Remy
    ...See More
  • nyvoices99
    15 years ago

Good Morning OB's,

Susie,
    Sorry I missed your call, was off getting Baby D:)

Melissa,
    Yes, I got your box, thank you, I did not get home till late, From memory I got, unknown white Daisy, Foliage reminds me of the native single white, unknown pink lilium, Lolly Pop Lilium, plant tags, pair of leather gardening gloves & Mango candles & lotions, I will have to post Daylilies later that you sent, as they are outside & it's still dark here. BBL-:)Anita

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Annie~ I received the iris today. Thank you SO MUCH for the extra ones! I looked them all up, and they will be gorgeous! :O)

Melissa

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    Yea! I did win : ) I could use slippers. You don't need to add anything extra!
    What is going on with all the crazy weather everywhere? We've had some pretty good rain storms but nothing like other areas.
    I scored big for the garden today. I got a new arbor with bench for along the driveway. I got it at work. It was discontinued from $159 down to $95! It gets better, I got the already put together display. Gary was very happy about that part, lol. I had to cut down a lot of my one rose so we could fit it in over the cement pad(must be where they used to put their garbage cans.) I had 2 big garbage bags full of trimmmings. It took all evening, but It looks good, and next year it will look even better. Plus we now have a place to sit while grilling out the side door.

Mellen,
    I'm not going to be able to send until the beginning of next week, but I'm definitely sending then.

Talk to you all later,
    Remy

• mellen
    15 years ago

Remy, I would love to have your arbor. How's about you send that instead??? Please, don't worry about sending plants. It has been so wet here that I haven't planted anything in a looooonngg time. Everything is sitting in their little pots, looking great, waiting for the rain to stop. I am NOT complaining; we are not flooded here at our house. Although there have been closed roads, etc. even worse than in 1993. There are so many people who have it really, really bad.
    Take care everyone,
    Mary Ellen

• nyvoices99
    15 years ago

Melissa also sent me Iris Immortality, Daylilies Children's Festival, Bumble Bee & Apache Tears, need to go look them up, as I don't have any of the DLs, Thanks :)Anita

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here's an update on our swap
    Shirley(brittnysgran) sends to Susie(skohler)...RECEIVED
    Annie(raggedyann161420) sends to Shirley......SENT
    Remy sends to Mellen
    Mellen sends to Annie(raggedyann161420)
    Hazelnutbunny to Anita (nyvoices99) .......SENT
    Anita(nyvoices99) to Remy
    Marie(Wynative) send to Hazelnutbunny
    Susie (skholer) send to Marie (Wynative)

Did I miss anyone here? We know I am bad about missing posts :)

What a great box you got Susie!

I'm off to visit the picture thread. I even have some to post as I spent all day in the garden yesterday! WooHoo! I think I will start a new contest later.

Theresa

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I received from Marie last week, and Anita received her box from me on Friday. :O)

Melissa

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Annie(raggedyann161420) sends to Shirley......SENT
    Remy sends to Mellen
    Mellen sends to Annie(raggedyann161420)
    Hazelnutbunny to Anita (nyvoices99) .......RECEIVED
    Marie(Wynative) send to Hazelnutbunny .....RECEIVED
    Susie (skholer) send to Marie (Wynative)

How is it that I am so bad at reading through the posts? Well, at the risk of messing it up again.....

HERE IS A NEW CONTEST:

For some garden magazine back issues, what college did I go to?

Theresa

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Shirley just keeps sending me iris, I don't know why but I love them, she just sent me 3 new ones. thankyou Shirley, I love them, don't have many iris here at the new place, so they are greatly appreciated, your the best. thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. Mellen are you keeping your nose above water ?no flooding here just dreary rain.stay dry.Darn Remy where did I get the pink mater ?dh asked why I was growing pink, I told him it was one of Remys so it had to be good, now I could be in trouble. Vic sending your info to sue is enough, I was not aware she was active, welcome to our happy group. Tell us a bit about yourself. Anita are you doing ok ? I worry about you. hugs carol

• wynative
    15 years ago

Susie -

Thanks so much for such a great box! All weekend I couldn't decide where to put my new flower bed - but after seeing the wonderful stuff you sent ~ I now have a plan!! I wont have just one - I will have several small ones - full sun, mostly sun and some shade :)as shade is hard to come by for me.

Susie sent:
    Iris - CanCan
    Iris - Immortality
    Iris - Dark Blue unknown
    Iris - Unknown
    Lily - Candy
    Lily - Ruffled Apricot
    Lily - Hobbit
    Mum - White
    Mum - Orange
    HUGE - Blue SEA HOLLY!!
    2 - Hosta's

Now I am going over to the 'photo' part of this and post there...

Thanks so much Susie!
    Marie

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Wow, great box, Marie! :O)

Hey, Big Sis! Haven't heard from you in awhile, thought you might have gone on vacation! :O)

Theresa~ That's a toughie. I have no idea where you went to college, so I'll say.....somewhere in FL? Or maybe .. how about Duke? Or UCLA? UofA? Harvard? LOL I have NO idea...and I honestly don't know many colleges!

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

:) It is a big university NOT in Florida.

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

And not one that you mentioned, Melissa. Well, that doesn't narrow it down very much, huh?

There is a hint on the photo thread.

:)

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

I guess Michigan State.
    Jeanne

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Woo Hoo! Jeanne wins it!

Go Spartans!

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Hi, lil sis, can we see a pic of how fat you are ? how are you doing on baby clothes ? how do you feel about garage sale clothes ? or second hand things ? My youngest daughter and her two kids are coming to visit for two weeks, so I may not be on line a lot. who has the July swap ?Shirley could you please post your list again. Earthly are you in the woods again ?have you seen your lil girls yet ? hugs to all my bloomin friends
    Beth you in the woods too ?
    carol

• mellen
    15 years ago

Hi, Carol, We are doing okay where we live, but the rest of the state is in not so good shape. The two largest cities, Des Moines and Cedar Rapids, have had huge flooding like never recorded in history, I believe. The Floods of '93 were record breakers, and this is right up there and in many places has surpassed '93. So many major roads have been closed at one time or another. People being rerouted on interstates more than a hundred miles out of their way. Just incredible! Today was the first day that I could actually go into some of my flower gardens and not walk out caked in mud. This week looks great weatherwise--sun, upper 70's to low 80's. I should finally have a chance to get flowers planted! Have a great time with your family. My sister and nephew from Texas have been visiting my parents for the past 11 days so I have been with them a lot having a nice time.

Looks like folks are receiving some very nice plants from some very nice people.

Annie, will you let me know when will be a good time to send you your box of "stuff?" I have some things chosen, but I don't want to send unless I know that you will be home. You and your busy schedule. Wow!!! But you are doing an incredible job working with your clients. They are lucky to have you, and I bet you think they are pretty great, too!!!

I've been enjoying the pics thread. Bunny, all of those ideas for the front of your house. What fun they have been! Lots of other beautiful pics, too.
    That's about it here.
    Take care,
    Mary Ellen

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Wow, everyone are getting great boxes!

Anita, I've been going to ask you how you have been doing, I'm afraid when I come on I post fast, and keep forgetting to ask you.

Bunny, I'm glad you got the package, and I hope they do ok for you, and yes, we do need belly pictures.

Shirley, I hope you got your boxes and that you are satisfied with them. Let me know if you are not, and I will be sure to make it right. I did forget to pack another plant for the June swap but will send it out next week.

Mellen, Yes, I've became real attached to the clients that live where I work. Upper management tells us not to get too involved, but how can you not? Please wait and mail mine out next month as I'm taking some extra time off. I've been thinking of you and all this flooding. I live about 30 miles from the Mississippi now, and have not been affected by it. But my sisters in Muscatine are getting lots of water, and friends that live in the surrounding communities are flooded out. My neice goes to the University of Iowa,I have nephews in Des Moines, and all are doing ok, and busy cleaning up from this mess.

I have a CPR/FIRST AID CLASS to do again so I better run.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes, glad to hear you are doing okay mellen.

Remy, your prize will go out today.

Jeanne, I am waiting on something for your prize envelope so please give me a few days.

Theresa

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Ok, Sis & Annie...I'll show ya'll. LOL My 11 year old took the picture, so I'm in the middle of talking him through "hold the blue button down, wait until it beeps, then click yes to save".... :O) He's only used the digital 2 times or so.

Here's me, at around 4 1/2 months. (can you believe I've only gained 1 pound so far??! But I'm thankful for that pound, I was starting to think I'd never hold food down again! LOL)

{{gwi:1282207}}

We're still gathering up baby stuff, I think the only major things we need are the little things. LOL Blankets, pacifiers, bottles, etc..those types of things. We've got some clothes that a friend gave to us (and as long as the baby doesn't grow a stem on the apple, we're good to go!). To answer your question, Sis...99% of my families things come from yardsales, freecycle & the GoodWill shop! The ONLY thing I buy new is undies & socks. Everything else is second hand. :O)

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

And I meant to say CONGRATS to Jeanne!
    How did you guess correctly?? I looked & looked for that hint T mentioned, but golly, I couldn't find anything anywhere! Doesn't mean it wasn't there, just that I didn't try hard enough. lol

This flooding is definitely very awful. We have several GW'ers that I've been worried about that live in the flooded area. I remember being in Colorado visiting an Aunt in '93 during that flood, and how badly it affected everyone. It's amazing to think that entire towns are underwater....just boggles my mind. Breaks my heart for all the families that are living through that, too. I wish mother nature would spread it around a bit. Drought is hard, too, and I do feel for those going through that as well.
    This has just been a crazy year.

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Without Theresa's hint I never would have guessed the college. First thing I thought of was to look to see if the dog's collar had a college logo - couldn't even see the collar. Then I tried looking for yard art or t-shirts. I think the t-shirt was the clue, but I was just guessing at what it said. I thought maybe it said Michigan State. Is that your son, Theresa? Handsome young man!
    Anyway, I will love gardening magazines, Theresa, so thank you. Send them media rate so they don't cost so much to mail. Postage rates are getting to be like food and gasoline!
    I've been doing lots of guessing in the games, but not winning too often, so I needed some encouragment. LOL
    Mary Ellen, so sad to see those pictures in Iowa. Mother Nature needs to distribute the rain a little better.
    Jeanne

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

:) Yeah. That's my youngest. He's wearing a Michigan State shirt with his favorite character - Snoopy!

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Melissa-You are so cute...thanks for posting the picture. Can't wait to see what you are going to have.

Annie-I did receive my awesome swap box yesterday. I came home from taking our Church youth to Dollywoods Splash Country. I was so tired I went straight to bed. I'm getting too old to try and keep up with teenagers but my goodness we did have a good time.

I am so excited about what was in my wonderful box. Annie you outdid yourself on this one.

I received from Annie:
    Hostas:
    Pineapple Upside Down Cake
    Blue Mouse Ears
    Deep Blue Sea
    Seafire
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Summer Breeze
    Moon Lily
    and last but not least Pulmonaria Raspberry Ice.

I have kind of neglected my hosta addition and not bought any new hostas in a long time but thanks to you Annie I have some new ones now. I have just the shade spot to plant them and have them soaking in water now. I also got your 2nd box with our trade plants in it. Thanks and I will get a list to you so you can see what you want in return.
    Love the two hostas I found in it also.

Shirley

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here's an update

Annie(raggedyann161420) sends to Shirley......RECEIVED
    Remy sends to Mellen ......Sending this week
    Mellen sends to Annie(raggedyann161420)....Waiting until next month
    Hazelnutbunny to Anita (nyvoices99) .......RECEIVED
    Marie(Wynative) send to Hazelnutbunny .....RECEIVED
    Susie (skholer) send to Marie (Wynative)...RECEIVED

I'm of to go spinning....ugh!

Theresa

• wynative
    15 years ago

Melissa,

The rest of you package is on its was - conformation#0308 0070 0001 1438 0768

My sister sent the first one for me and didn't think that it all went to one person as there were duplicates and the box that was setting there was to small for it all??? But I set her straight and she will not be making that mistake again! LOL

I purchased 8 Anaheim Chili's, 4 jalapeno, 3 Zuccini's, 3 Yellow Crook Necks, 6 Cabbage & 2 Watermelon's. I got the peppers planted but it got dark to quickly and I will have to finish the rest tonight.

The nieghbor that gave me the tomatoes also gave me some sod peices to fill in a few bare spots in my lawn - I need a few more but the ones I layed Monday night are looking good! I am keeping my fingers crossed as I live on a sand pit and it is really hard getting grass to take, thats why there are bare spots.

Marie

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Shirley~ Those hosta sound lovely (especially the pineapple upside down cake...yummy...). I've not gotten "into" hosta yet, but since they have what seems like a cult following (lol), I might have to look into them some more. I think I have the perfect place for a shade garden....hmmmm....... :O)

Marie~ That's very sweet & generous of you! Please don't blame your sister - lol - it was an honest mistake. :O)
    I'll post when it arrives, of course. Thank you for sending it.
    The peppers sound good...I didn't get to plant any this year. :O( My FIL sent 2 bell peppers home with hubby last night, and before he could even set them on the counter, I had eaten them! LOL Just like an apple, munch munch munch. :O) They just smelled SO GOOD! Weird pregnancy craving, I suppose, because I've never done that before!

Have a great day, everyone!
    Melissa

• missg
    15 years ago

Hi Shirley, I like to thank you for the plant.
    My Iris arrived yesterday.
    Gale

• llbean
    15 years ago

hi ladies.. Just peeking in to see what has been going on. And it looks like alot. Everyone has received some nice boxes so far... I love the picture thread and I think I will post some pictures for some helping hands/heads.
    it is cold here. this morning when I left for the clinic it was a cool 55 degrees!! Just last week we had the air on because of the heat~
    So far this year I am just trying to maintain a bit. last year in my front area that I had worked so hard on I had woodchips delivered to cut down on the weeds and I let all the obedient plant go to seed and there is a whole lotta obedient plant going on. I am just hoping to let the area fill in and I will pull and give away as I add new things.

well have a great night.
    Laura

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I received another box from Marie today! :O)
    I think she went overboard, but I am extremely excited that she did! Here's what she sent:

A very cute card with bees on it!
    Iris- unknown heirloom (purple & not purple) lol
    A cute "world's greatest gardener" plaque
    A pack of Double Freesia
    A carrot shaped notepad & magnet! (very appropriate!)
    Orange blooming Bromeliads
    Climbing rose "coral dawn" -2 of these!
    Chocolate Sunflowers

Thank you SO MUCH, Marie! I love everything! I know the perfect spot for the roses (I'll have to think about the iris & others, lol!) I've been needing to get to work in the yard, but haven't had the motivation. Now, I do...and I'm off to get started! :O)

Melissa

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Susie, was thinking of you today.....hope your surgery went well! And you are back to 20/20 vision soon!!

Melissa, what a great box(es)! And you look so cute!! By 4 1/2 mos I was HUGE! esp my BUTT!! (and that has seemed to stay with me for the last 3 yrs! LOL

Everyones gotten some great boxes! Maybe I will be able to play next month! I've been out unloading the compost I went and got yesterday, getting some plants in the ground, and moving a couple I put in!

Take care everyone!

Carol, I will post a little "about me" soon, for those of you who don't remember me from last summer. I joined this group just before all h--- broke loose at my house in MI and it was just crazy for me for awhile so I had to take a break from GW and some other hobbies of mine due to the lack of time I had! Now I have some serious catching up to do!

Vic

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    Things have just been yucky here and I've been feeling yucky too, lol. We've had thunderstorms, a day with hail storms twice in one day! etc. My garden got ripped up by the hail somethings worse than others of course. Of course the next day my gardening friend Hilde comes over for the first time to a tossed about garden, lol, but at least she got some hail too. The tomatoes took a pounding and lost lots of branches, but everything will recover thankfully. Compared to the people in Iowa, it is nothing.

Mellen,
    I'm glad you are ok where you are.

Congrats Jeanne!

Carol,
    Caspian Pink is suppose to be good. I've never grown it so I can't guarantee, but I'm pretty sure it will be a good one.

Melissa,
    The baby is looking good : )
    I love how the dining room has all the windows.

Ok, going to look at the other threads,
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful:

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Oh my, Remy, that was big hail! Hope your garden recovers soon. I have picked some summer squash from my plants that I have growing in containers so maybe that was an okay idea after all. Our blueberries are starting to get ripe, too. Absolutely no rain here in maybe 3-4 weeks and mostly daytime temperatures in the 90s so they will not be very juicy blueberries, but that is okay - last year the late frost caused us to have none at all.
    There are some great boxes of plants being received by everyone. Have a good weekend.
    Jeanne

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Theresa,
    The slippers came. Thank you! They fit my feet : )
    And thank you for the seed assortment. That was a nice bonus.

Jeanne,
    I bet those blueberries are going to taste wonderful. I forgot to tell you I am picking strawberries. They taste pretty darn good, but they always taste better with less rain.
    Remy

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Mellen-Thinking of everyone in your State. It seems there is constantly bad weather in one place or another. We need rain badly here, it is not as bad as it was last year though.

Remy-Good grief that hail is big it is a wonder you have a vegetable or flower garden at all.

Susie-Thinking of you today..hope to hear from you soon. I have my daylily and red hot pokers planted in their new home. Thanks so much.

Maryanne-Haven't heard from you lately...sure hope everything is ok with you.

Shirley

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

I'm home again, for a few days.

Shirley, I'm glad you liked the hosta package. I do have a couple more plants to send for the June swap as I must of had a senior moment when I closed your box. DH potted them up when he found them the next day.

Bunny, If you get 1 hosta, leave it grow for a couple of years, you will be hooked. I started out with an Elegans and Francis William, so many years ago and the rest is history. I must admit the flowers on most of them are not much to look like, but the foliage can be incredible.

Remy, sorry to hear you got the hail storm.

Susie, thinking of you and wondering how you are doing since the eye surgery?

Outside is calling my name.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• skohler
    15 years ago

Hi Ladies :)
    all is well doc said everything went well in surgery but then you know they all say that :)) .
    I really feel better this time around then i did with the 1st . i can see soooooo much better can't type any better but can see much better :)

My babies are growing so ooo fast they still have their downy yet but the tail feathers are growing in :) won't be long now . as soon as I can take them out to their new pen i will have more pictures for you :)

Shirley after I had sent your winning dl out to you I had went to check your wish list & happen to see on your have list that you already had that one forgive me I should have looked ahead & sent something else .
    I will make it up to you . when doc lets me back in the garden .

we are getting a nice rain today so i'm going to golay back while I can so I can walk around the gardens later :))

vic & annie ty for the well wishes always nice to hear :) you all have a great weekend .

susie

Here is a link that might be useful: DUCKLINGS & PLAY PEN

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow, it sure is quiet this weekend. Everyone out finishing their projects??? :)

Jeanne, your package will go out tomorrow!

Susie, sure hope you're feeling better.

Theresa

• skohler
    15 years ago

yep much better everything is so much brighter.

I feel like an old antique car falling apart one piece at a time may body parts have got to be replaced one part at a time :(

May I had my dinostic scope in the front
    My right light bulb fixed
    last week had my left lightbulb fixed .
    today I go get my foot pedals worked on.
    July I have to have my transmission worked on .
    this old body is just Nickle & diming me wish I could turn it in for a whole new MODEL .
    My Machanic's love to see me for they can look forward to another day at a resort .

The deer are eating up my buds before i can see any blooms Going to fix them today going to give them a taste of my home made hot sauce .

It has been quiet in here but its been allot nicer to work in our beds .

well it is nice out so going to take my coffee & go for my morning walk have a great day all .

susie

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

lol! Susie, you're a hoot! I bet the horn is working fine :)

Theresa

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    Just been busy working all weekend. It was nice today and I got a lot done. Lots of things are torn up from the hail, but oddly other things are just fine. Tomorrow I'm mailing Mellen's pkg. I also have to take Creton to the vet. He is not well, not sure what is wrong. He has lost weight, but he is eating, and he doesn't want to play with Sammie : (

Susie,
    Glad to hear you are well. You definitely didn't lose your sense of humor! : )
    The ducks are so cute. They remind me of how when I worked at one store, the one duck that lived in the ditch near the building would try to follow me to my car. I would be talking to him telling him to go back, and that he couldn't come home with me, and customers would laugh.
    Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• skohler
    15 years ago

gm all
    Live has to have humor or we will never make it through :) one day at a time :)

Anita called me last night to say she is haven trouble's getting into GW But After A good nights rest I think I know why & I almost called her this morning at 6am but
    figured I better wait :))
    so now i have my critters all taken care of & I will go try to call her (anita ) before she gets out the door:)

She wanted me to let SHIRLEY Know her box is on the way
    Remy & sassyd . your boxes will be going out soon .

If I 'm Right Anita should be back in before the day is out & she can let you all know more:)
    also she has the CHRISTMAS IN JULY SWAP But if she cannot get onto GW She would Like for someone to take it over .

So I might run it for her but I will not be able to get into the garden to share with anyone .
    I got herout of bed :)
    ANITA I Called U Y ???

so I will go put up OUR JULY SWAP For Her .

Have a great day ladies .
    susie

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Mellen,
    I got you box on its way DC# 0307 3330 0001 3578 9718. Sorry it does not contain the arbor, lol.

Have a great day everyone,
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful:

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    I got sort of bad news. Creton has cancer. All his lymph nodes are enlarged. : ( He's ok for the time being, but who knows how long before he starts to get bad, my poor baby. I'm alright now. I was upset this afternoon.
    Remy

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Sorry to hear the bad news, Remy. I hope he stabilizes and is there with you for a good while still.
    Gotta love our furry friends!
    Will be thinking of you.
    Jeanne

• skohler
    15 years ago

REMY
    So sorry for the news on Creton I Know How I felt When I found out that Dobie Had cancer , It Hurts To hear
    But All we can do is to make them comfee :)

well Anita Has ask me to take over the Christmas In July
    Swap For her So it is posted & Hope all will check it out .

well my brother in texas is awake an wants to chat so later all :))
    susie

• mellen
    15 years ago

Dearest Remy, my heart is hurting for you about Creton. I know that you will be giving him lots of extra love and attention. I was in your situation a little over a year ago with my kitty, Kiki. I cried lots of tears, too.

I DO want to thank you for the treMENdous box of plants that you sent. Again, I am just bowled over by your giving spirit. Roses! Oh, how I love roses! I have a special area that I have set aside for roses. It's a sort of memory garden to honor the wonderful lady who sold us our piece of heaven. Mildred, our landlady when we farmed, sold us land that had been in her family for 100 years. People just don't do that here in Iowa, but she did, and we will always love her for it. She was a "rose" person. Thus, my rose garden. Thank you for the roses Belle de Crecy and Rosa Glauca. Thank you also for these:
    -Campanula persifolia-pics of it look so pretty.
    -Iris flavescens-another beauty!
    -Geranium 'Biokovo'-I have started collecting these kinds of geranums and have them planted on the west side of our home on a small slope.
    -Salvia transylvanica-the blue color in pics is my favorite color of blue
    -Candy lilies-anxious to see color(s)
    -Veronica gentianoides-another pretty color
    -Sedum album-I looked this one up and the plantfiles called it "Chunky Fingers!" LOL That's just how it looks, too.
    -Tradescantia 'Bilberry Ice'-I don't have this one and have been wanting it. Thanks!
    -Euonymus--looks very interesting. Can't say that I have seen it but am looking forward to what it will look like.
    -And the goody packet of BEAUTIFUL Angel stickers! I LOVE them!!! Gardeners hand lotion, Spring Cherry flavored green tea, and I thought it was GREAT that you sent the single serving packet of Tide!!! LOLOL Just what I need to wash my dirty, stinky gardening clothes in.
    Remy, you have again blessed me with more of your garden. "You" will be all over my place, and I love that thought. Thank you sooooo verrrrry much!!! Many HUGS, Mary Ellen

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    Again Thanks for all you messages about Creton. He's doing ok. He just seems to want want more loving than normal. Last night, Gary was on the porch with the dogs. He didn't know I was watching, but he was out there with Creton, gently stroking him, and it was so bittersweet.

Mellen,
    You are very lucky to have gotten you land that way! She must of been a very special person.
    I'm so glad you liked the box. I'm happy I sent you a bunch of stuff you don't have! I knew you would get a kick out of that tide pkt. LOL!
    The euonymus grows very flat to the ground just like Blue Star Creeper, and I don't ever remember seeing a bloom. It is just a cute little evergreen, good for a bare spot. If I come across the Bluestone Catalog from a few years ago, I'll let you know the name.
    Remy