SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ruthj98

Hosta Duplicates---Why do you have more than one?

I was reviewing the list of my current hosta. I have a few that I have more than one of. I got to wondering why? What are your duplicates+ and why do you have more than one? Here are mine:

Blue Mouse Ears (2) - heard a lot of good things about this hosta. It's smaller size allows for more than one!

Dream Queen (2) - got it for a decent price. Love those forum pictures! I wanted to have two just in case one did not survive. And if they both survive, great!

Earth Angel (5!) - the two I got in 2011 really impressed me. When a reliable source had them available for $5 each, well I just got carried away!

Golden Meadows (2) - bought them bare root. I believe the source to be reliable. Next spring they will be able to be identified as GM or not. (I am crossing my fingers.) Lovely hosta. Couldn't resist at the bare root price.

Great Expectations (4) - Love, love, love this hosta! Three are younger specimens. I know this hosta likes to take its time to grow, so the extra are for the future, I hope.

Guacamole (3) - The one I have from 2011 grows so well and looks great. Couldn't resist buying another. I also got a young one for free from the Ontario Hosta Society.

Guardian Angel (3) - Just got three this year. Good price. Planning to give away two as gifts (if they survive). My sister is beginning to love hostas too. She has dealt with a lot this year as a cancer survivor. I think she needs a "guardian angel." In spring I will gift it to her.

High Society (2) - Lovely hosta. The Ontario Hosta Society has an annual auction. I got both of them there.

June (6!) - Need I explain?

Patriot (4) - Just started my addiction. I knew that Patriot had been AHGA Hosta of the Year---so it must be good, I figured.

Touch of Class (2) - the one I got in 2012 has done so well and I love it. Needed another!

Wide Brim (3) - one of my earlier hostas (before my addiction). Divided my own.

So, how about you? Care to share why you have more than one and what they are?

Mind you if I had a larger property, I would have a minimum of one more of all the ones that I love! I will definitely be thinking about how to create more garden space and pot space this winter!

Here is Touch of Class. Looks beautiful from spring through to the fall.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Kohlmark Flach Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Kohlmark Flach Architects: Enriching Lives Through Purposeful Design