SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shirleywedge

Heart Leaf Philodendron: What Is Wrong????

shirleywedge
15 years ago

I have a baby Philondendron that is in need of some help. I planted this from a cutting about 4 months ago, and at first it grew very fast. In the past month I have begun to notice that it's leaves are a very pale green, with dark green edges. In sections of each leaf, constrained by the veins, there is some transparency. When I put my finger underneath, or put it to light, you can see the translucence. There is water (clear substance) coming from these bits of trasparent leaf, which gathers in a bead and appears on either side of the leaf, and also on the end of a stem which has been cut back (the leaf was showing signs of dying). There is also a section which has dried out.

For all it's life I have kept it on a southern facing window sill. I can see no sign of pests. The recent lack of growth may be due to the weather cooling off, but this leaf trasparency etc. befuddles me.

I might come back to post some pics tomorrow, but can anyone guess as to what might be happening to my little plant? I need help.

Thank you!

Comment (1)