SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Paula Has Her Own Topical Storm/Potential Hurricane

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
13 years ago

This is off-topic (sorry) unless Paula can will "her" tropical storm to travel to OK and drop rain over the dry parched areas that need rain so desperately. Normally, tropical storms and hurricanes only affect Oklahoma if their remains travel up here and dump rainfall, which happened at my house (and maybe yours too) with "Hermine" in early Sept. 2010 and happened to a lot of other folks with "Erin" a couple of years ago.

A few days ago, on another thread, I mentioned to P-Mac that her name was next on the 2010 Altantic Tropical Cyclone list of names, and that the HPC was watching an area of investigation that soon might be upgraded to a tropical depression or tropical storm named 'Paula'.

Well, it's here! Tropical Storm Paula has formed and is in the Atlantic Ocean just off the coast of Honduras/Nicaragua. Paula (the NHC's "Paula", not our P-Mac) is likely to become a Cat. 1 or Cat. 2 hurricane later in the week.

I've linked the "Paula" page from the National Hurricane Center. Note that on the current projected track that Paula will essentially travel in a circle and end up back where she started. (If there is a gardening analogy in there, I don't want to think about it.)

So, Paula, here's your storm. Enjoy it because your name won't come up again for six years.

And, all kidding aside, I do hope this storm doesn't cause too much flooding, any deaths or other damage and destruction....no one wants their name associated with a storm like that. There is a good chance "Paula" will cause a major flood event for somebody in the area shown on the map.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: NHC: Paula Info

Comments (18)