SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeturnerjr72

Sedum Matrona Stonecrop Damage Help

deeturnerjr72
16 years ago

I have just recently gotten into gardening. I dont know very much yet so hopefully I havent totally destroyed these. I purchased some Sedum Matrona from a local nursery about 2 weeks ago and it looked really good when I got it. I have planted it in a bed next to my foundation. It gets sun about 75% of the day. Its only shaded early morning and just right before sunset.

I dug the holes about 3 times the size of the root ball, used miracle grow potting soil for shrubs and mixed it with the native soil. I put cypress mulch in the bed.

I have watered these things very thoroughly every evening right before dark spraying the leaves also.

They were fine for the first week, but a few days ago I noticed them looking like something was starting to eat at the leaves. I freaked out and bought some Bayer insect control for shrubs and mixed it and poured it into the soil around the Sedums. They started getting worse so I went out and got the Bayer spray insect control and sprayed them thoroughly.

Now I have never physically seen any bugs on these, except for a secada shell that was stuck on a leaf.

The plants seem to be getting worse, I dont want these to die. I read somewhere that you can overwater these plants, and not to water them before dark because of fungus.

I have a link to a picture below.

Can someone please help me quickly so my plants wont die :(

http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3AxxWtUq4P0-ofrj%3DQofrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQPQPxQQnxaeGxv8uOc5xQQQJP000ann0QqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gXPee%7CRup6lQP%7C/of=50,589,443

Thank you very much,

Dee

Comments (4)