SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amlar_gw

Need help with groundcover

amlar
18 years ago

I have been reading here for awhile and was trying to avoid posting but I need to plant some groundcover soon and still cannot figure out what I should plant. Here is my situation: We have a hill behind our house that forms an L shape. The house is only a year old and the hill was created when it was built. The builder threw up some grass seed but that does not do the job. The area we need to cover is about 60 feet up by about 200 feet across. Part of the hill is morning shade, afternoon sun. Part of the hill is just about full sun. We are in CT, Zone 6. It is difficult to water the area on a regular basis and I would call the soil sandy. There is topsoil on top but not a lot. We need something that is evergreen and something that flowers would be nice. Mostly we want something that requires little to no maintenance, stays fairly low to the ground and will prevent erosion. I think this is everything. We are novices at this, based on what we have read so far, we have looked at vinca and ajuga. But, it would be nice to get more input from those of you who are far more knowledgeable than us. Thanks

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH