SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaybear_4k

slime mold, best I can surmise: ...l'il help?

jaybear_4k
17 years ago

oh...the sorrow of looking at what was not so long ago such beautiful black mulch & flora; ...now what looks like tan to charcoal brown animal vomit, 1-2 foot in circumference, has spread out to several points in the mulch. It was just one pile at first, Âafter some research I shoveled it out, Âknowing this was only the tip of the iceberg and that the bulk of the spreading organism was deeper in the mulch (as little ?hairs? of fungusÂyada-yada.) After that, in hopes of smothering it out before it could spread, I hesitantly sprayed the area with fungicideÂ, which I know very little about & which looks to have killed or harmed the hydrangea bush most directly related to the area I sprayed. AND the fetid/nasty ?slime mold? has spreadÂas if with a sneer and a low guttural chuckle. I read that this is not a danger to the garden and usually happens when the weather is unusually moist, BUT itÂs ugly & seems to be distributing itself with impunity.

Please, does anyone have a remedy that will eliminate or significantly reduce the slime mold without damaging the rest of the flora? :o/

Comments (11)