SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
onewithnoname

How Do I Get Rid of Garden Spiders???

onewithnoname
11 years ago

Help me folks! I have a very serious fear of garden spiders. It creeps me out just talking about them. They are the large black and yellow ones. I have always had a fear of spiders, but this kind push me over the edge with fear. I can take a daddy long legs or small jumping spiders and such, but the garden spiders that display themselves in a large web amongst my flowers are too over the top for me. I love gardening, but if I see even one I'm done gardening for the rest of the year. I was just admiring some lilies in my garden and lo and behold, there was one large as life. Needless to say I'm a pile of jello now and won't sleep for a week cuz I'll have nightmares. I had my husband take the torch to it and burn the entire plant down. PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME HOW BENEFICIAL THESE CREEPY THINGS ARE - I just don't care. I can take any other creepy crawlies but that one. So please - does anyone have any tricks whatsoever to keep these things out of my garden? Any other critters that keep them at bay? I'll even resort to chemicals if there is something that keeps these things away. PLEASE HELP! And yes, I know I should really see a hypnotist for this phobia, but I just don't have the money for that or I'd have done it long ago :-).

Comments (8)