SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kayohmy

Please help: unknown bugs eating my plants

KayOhmy
9 years ago

I"m doing gardening on my own for the first time this year and I started small, just to test out what areas of the yard are good for growing and such. (I live in the desert, so..)
Anyways, I had a mint plant, a basil plant, and some poppies. The mint was doing really well, the basil was doing alright, and the poppies are in a pot somewhere else.
This morning, the plants were fine - looking better than ever actually. I just got home from work, however, and noticed my basil had died today, and my mint had almost completely wilted as well. I was shocked because today was one of the coolest ones we've had and I didn't think it was that. I got close to investigate (I had to). There are literally just hundreds of tiny grey bugs in the bed where the plants were at, especially concentrated around the plant itself. I would have taken a picture, but they move too fast for a photograph and once they stop moving, they're nearly the same color as the dirt and nearly the size of a pinhead, but not quite. I don't know what to do, or how to get rid of them, or even if it's too late. I've lived here my whole life, and been around gardens my whole life, and I've NEVER seen these bugs. I can't find anything when I google, either. Help! I've been nursing these plants for a month and my heart is breaking.. This literally happened between 9 A.M. and 2 P.M. I haveno idea how to get rid of them without killing the plants, as well.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!