SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lam702

my annual woodchuck rant!

lam702
14 years ago

Yup, they're back again in full force, ready to eat anything in site. And, boy are they ever....so far, all my zinnias, stocks, some cosmos and marigolds (first time they ever ate my marigolds). They actually came right up on my patio, within a few feet of the door, to eat my potted flowers up. I read somewhere that a full grown woodchuck can eat 5 lbs of vegetation in a day, and I believe it. Last year, I bought a havahart trap and caught 5 of them, and relocated them to a beautiful nature preserve. This year, so far I've caught 3 of them, but there are still at least another 4 or 5 and every day they are out there, just eating, eating and EATING!!!!! I've tried all the deterents, fox urine, dried blood, mothballs, various sprays, but they don't do much to stop them. I used to get one product called "The Woodchuck Solution" but the local nurseries said the company that made it no longer does. It was the only spray that seemed to work. Does anyone have a recipe that works? I've heard of various things to make one, hot pepper, garlic, milk, yellow mouthwash, even Murphy's oil soap but I don't know the proportions. Please, anyone who has a recipe, share with all of us plagued by these little eating machines!

Comment

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor