SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teejay2039_gw

What IS this killing my plants????

teejay2039
13 years ago

Planted 6 May Night Salvias last year, 2 groups of 3. The all bloomed beautifully this year, and I cut them back about a month ago. Now they're dying. Attached pic of leaf is from plant that is actively dying. some type of fungus? Wilt? The other pic is what the dead one looks like.

It only took a week to kill the plant.... leaves turn brown/copper at bottom, and dry up. I *thought* at first they weren't getting enough water (soaker hose in that bed) but watering isn't helping. Then I thought maybe I cut them back too far and sent them into shock? They should have recovered if that were the case, though. This bed runs the entire length of the front of the house, and I have other plants in there..... some are unaffected (knock-out rose bush is next to the salvias but seems fine) but others seem to have the same thing..... (rudbeckia planted last year has stunted growth, malformed/small blooms, black splotches on leaves). I also have 2 white salvia that are showing early signs of same thing: leaves turning brown at bottom, drying up.....

Can anyone tell me what this is and how to correct it??

Image link:

Comments (13)