SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mariposatraicionera

I feel frustrated and nervous

Dear all,

I am kind of new to gardening, though I have tried it before and given up due to pests and bugs eating my plants and of course those darn bunnies that totally demolished most of my plants a couple years ago.

Anyway, reading Dawn's entries here got me all fired up to start back and really, really be serious about gardening.

I have been thrilled to bits and pieces to see my Zinnias and Marigolds thriving, though I found several small grasshopppers on my Zinnias. They were green, and there are lots of "holes" in the leaves. Are these the bad pests? I hope so because I killed one! Also saw this tiny "white" kind of furr ball looking spidery thingie. Is that a bad insect/pest? killed that too!

But what is getting me nervous is that I put a variety of seeds to soak last night, and I may have gotten carried away because I have so many seeds and not enough pots or plces to get these started. I have a tendency to want to "SAVE/USE" all of the seeds and not waste a single one. Bad, right?

Tomorrow I plan to investigate and learn exactly where has most sun, what time, how long, and where is totally shaded, and where is semi-shade so I can figure out where to put these babies once they are grown a bit.

I might have been overzealous with my broccolli seeds too, and keep forgetting these things can get huge!

Guide me please. What am I doing wrong already? Should I wet these seeds every day? They're on my patio table in tiny starter pots. I worry that after all the time spent, I won't have any crop to bring to the table. I had visions of baskets of veggies fresh from my garden, but I really am such a novice and so anxious about my plants not living/thriving...sigh.

Mari

Comments (18)