SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
indy_anna

I'm very nervous

Indy_Anna
15 years ago

In one week, the system closes for DH, the medical student, to pick his residency preferences. As we've put it in so far, Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN is number one, then Mayo in Jacksonville FL, then here, Indiana University.

This is very unlike me, to be unpredictable and stray from our ordinary lives. Our families are here, just 10 minutes in either direction. I can't belive that I'm willing to sell the house I love and move our little family away from everyone we know to a new city.

I asked my dad tonight privately if my mom was freaking out, and he laughed a little and said of course! I commented about how she was very quiet about it, and he said that was on purpose. I also commented that I was afraid that I was in for a great big "This is what YOU wanted, Audrey" when I call home for support in the future. He agreed that I may be in for that too.

Not sure why I'm posting. I just have a lot of nervous energy around all this. We find out on March 19 our fate for the next four years. I'm hoping that knowing where we will be living will calm me down some, even if it means quitting my job, selling our house, and moving away. It's a great opportunity for DH, and he assures me it's worth all this. Thanks for letting me vent. Just feeling a bit off tonight about all this.

Audrey

Comments (20)