SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

Journal - Last half of June

christie_sw_mo
13 years ago

We got a wonderful surprise (for me) rain this afternoon. My car was parked outside with the windows down. Just so glad to get the rain though. We really needed it.

I picked just a few ground cherries this week. I think you're supposed to wait and let them fall to the ground but I was anxious to try them. They're sweeter than I expected and not bad at all. There's going to be a lot. I hope the kids like them too.

I still have raspberries getting ripe. They're just not as appetizing with Japanese Beetles on them so I haven't been out to pick them for a few days. Same with the fruit on my purple leaf sandcherries. I ate a half of one, saw something crawling in the other half and not hungry anymore. lol

We have kittens. : ( Somebody dumped them with the mama cat and the poor things were so thin I didn't have the heart to take them to the humane society. I'm certain they would've been put to sleep. We've been fattening them up and have given two of them away. Still have two left and the mama of course.

Comments (7)