SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Journal 20 June 2007

rob333 (zone 7b)
16 years ago

I've been spending time jumping through hoops, applying for re-enrollment (they accepted it) and then federal aid to finish my last ONE undone semester for my undergrad degree. I've been holding out trying to think of a way to take the Constitutional Issues classes (I drool over!) always given at 8am, a county away and a 45 minute drive, making me... 2 1/2 hours later than I normally start work. No way. I give up. I'm going to finish the other major (Criminal Justice Administration) I was pursuing (because I loved it so much I ended up taking a load of classes in the area and, thus, a double major), because it has less hours left and the last classes show up at night, thereby not missing work. Boy, I tell you what, if you can make it through all the hoops of government funding, you should be able to get your degree without attending classes because it sure is an education in and of itself!!! At least with everything electronic, it's going loads faster than the days when I registered for classes with cards that had the chads hanging off of them. I'm not really certain I'll do anything with the degree such as go on to law school, forensic nursing, make my place with a thesis on the genetics of criminality, but at least I'll have some other route in life should I so choose. LF is up in arms about my attending school because he thinks I'm going "away" ;)

He loves his summer camp this year and gets to swim every day. It's inside so they get to skip sunscreen and bug repellant. He's already asked if he can attend it again next year. Heck yea! Across the street from work instead of 20 minutes of stop and go traffic and the caliber of children is about a 1,000% improvement over last year; no way I'd go anywhere else (course it costs almost double of last year, but it's well worth it).

Both of my parents are having major back problems. She has scoliosis, cracked vertebra(e) and it's pinching a nerve. She is in complete pain. She got a backbrace yesterday, continues meds and will go to therepy. If it doesn't help considerably, surgery. He's going to therapy and convinced it will help. It sucks when you parents get old, but at least I still have them both.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio
More Discussions