SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
soonergrandmom

Miss Bell Pepper and her step-sister (PICS)

soonergrandmom
15 years ago

These four peppers in front all came from the same seed pack. I think someone goofed on this one. I don't believe they have the same parents.

The two in back that have tags on them came from a dumpster. We were at the greenhouse of a large farm store and there was a pickup backed up to the dumpster and he was pulling plants out. We watched him for a minute and looked at the back of his truck that had dozens of plants in it. I walked around in the greenhouse a few minutes and came out and asked DH if he wanted some hot peppers from inside because I had planted mostly sweets. He said no and we started back to our truck where we going to meet someone. The man in the pickup had left, so DH opened the dumpster lid and here were all of these hot peppers. We came home with four but one got broken a few days later. The leaves had a little damage, probably from the weather being too cold, but they seemed to come out of it right away and two have peppers. First time we ever went dumpster diving for a plant.

I am posting a few other pics taken today. The cucumbers in the 2nd pic in lower left corner are now beginning to climb up the tomato cages. The squash in the picture 3 look good, but are only about half the size of the ones I have kept under "cover" to keep the bugs off of them. I was worried that the reduced sunlight would harm them but instead I think they have benefited from being protected for the harshness of wind and temps. Tomato plants are blooming now. My flower beds are a little trampled right now because of the house painting, but I stuck in a few things. Enjoy.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!