Pics of Peppers (with problems) and the rest of my garden

allhaileris
11 years ago

Green beans with chewing:

{{gwi:86837}}

Chocolate Bell Pepper with holes in leaves:

{{gwi:86838}}

{{gwi:86839}}

Golden Bell Pepper, the fruit fell off, the stem was shriveled up when that happened, hasn't grown much at all and the leaves are curling:

{{gwi:86840}}

Second Golden Bell, this one is doing better, but not great. The basil behind it is doing great, tomatoes almost too well:

{{gwi:86841}}

Roma Tomatoes next to Golden Bells:

{{gwi:86842}}

And a wider view:

{{gwi:86845}}

The other tomatoes, Beefstake & Carbon, with hot peppers behind it, and the apple tree behind that:

{{gwi:86847}}

The corn, that's doing wonderfully, too closely planted squash behind it. Beans growing up corn:

{{gwi:86848}}

Squashes and immature Artichoke:

{{gwi:86849}}

Melons, most recent addition:

{{gwi:86850}}

And the only thing that grows for sure where I live, grapes!

{{gwi:86851}}

{{gwi:86852}}

{{gwi:86854}}

Any comments would be great. I already know that I:

1. Need to space out tomatoes better, and the smaller plants I got at the nursery are doing better than the bigger plants.

2. Squashes take up too much room and only one person in my family likes them, so probably none next year.

3. I thought basil liked a lot of sun, but the plants that get a little more shade are doing better.

4. What is going on with my peppers?

5. Melons need to be planted sooner, but I guess I'll have to wait to see how they do in our late summer.

6. The stepping stones we put in are really helpful

7. Mulching keeps SO much more water in, but I really have to cover up when I put it out because it makes me itch.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm