SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suebot

My Forsythia is Blooming????

suebot
17 years ago

Happy Holidays All-

I have to say I don't feel very festive this year since I look forward to winter and snow! I really, really do!! This year has been a very strange year weather wise. The meteorologists say it has been the warmest year in 100 years. Very scary! Have we destroyed our planet? My daffs are starting to pop up and yesterday my forsythia had flowers at the tips on alot of branches. I still have slugs and snails. I live in Newtown, CT. I am afraid I will never see another beautiful winter like we experienced in 1995-1996. How I long for the winters of my childhood. I know some people believe the weather comes in cycles but I really have to believe we have done alot of damage to our ozone layer, etc. We now have more people with skin cancers. My dermotologist said when he started practice 25 years ago if he saw 2 people with melanomas a year that was alot. Now he diagnoses at least 1 case every week. That must mean something.

I am also afraid my perennials are going to rot since my yard is kind of mushy. The ground needs to be frozen so our perennials can rest. My daffs will probably rot. I know the animals and birds can't make heads or tails out of this crazy climate.

Thanks for letting me vent. I am now going to make a cheesecake to bring to my daughter's house tomorrow.

Wishing you a happy, healthy holiday season,

suebot in CT

Comments (13)